PDA

View Full Version : Cousin/Roommate Joining Army Nat. Gaurd

LiberalNation
02-18-2009, 05:45 PM
So if you have read my rant of the week thread you know I am rooming with my cousin and we are both going to school full time. He's come up with the bright idea of joining the national gaurd to help pay for it and because he wants to do something, anything, that would be a break from ordinary life.

Any military guys here have any sugestion for advice I should give him. His poor mother is going to die when she hears of this so I hope he changes his mind.

Mr. P
02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
So if you have read my rant of the week thread you know I am rooming with my cousin and we are both going to school full time. He's come up with the bright idea of joining the national gaurd to help pay for it and because he wants to do something, anything, that would be a break from ordinary life.

Any military guys here have any sugestion for advice I should give him. His poor mother is going to die when she hears of this so I hope he changes his mind.

Store his junk an stuff now, learn to pack light and get ready for adventure and a delayed academic education, his life education is about to start.

You need to figure out who will pay his part of the rent while he's deployed.

glockmail
02-18-2009, 07:00 PM

It looks like your constant rants about the military has had an effect, albeit not your intended one. :lol:

theHawk
02-18-2009, 07:08 PM

Is his mother as anti-American as you or something?

LiberalNation
02-18-2009, 08:12 PM
No but very few mothers wants their kids in a war time army.

LiberalNation
02-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Store his junk an stuff now, learn to pack light and get ready for adventure and a delayed academic education, his life education is about to start.

You need to figure out who will pay his part of the rent while he's deployed.

I think he is going to go with the college first option so that he'll have 2 years as non-deployable.

5stringJeff
02-18-2009, 08:45 PM
I think he is going to go with the college first option so that he'll have 2 years as non-deployable.

Tell him to pursue ROTC instead.

glockmail
02-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Tell him to pursue ROTC instead. He's already figured out that LN is FOS, so he'd probably do just the opposite.

Mr. P
02-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Tell him to pursue ROTC instead.

Excellent advice...on the other hand..if he ain't smart enough to do that on his own what kind of butter-bar do ya think he'll make?

LiberalNation
02-18-2009, 09:56 PM
You don't get paid for rotc, he needs money as in now and wants to do something to get away. His gpa is like a 2.1 so he wouldn't qualify for an rotc scholarship if he tried.

LiberalNation
02-18-2009, 09:57 PM
It looks like your constant rants about the military has had an effect, albeit not your intended one. :lol:

Hey boys, I'm gona join the army as a nurse too when I graduate. Those bonus, up to 130 Gs is the shit.

glockmail
02-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Hey boys, I'm gona join the army as a nurse too when I graduate. Those bonus, up to 130 Gs is the shit.They don't dykes, so if you sign in it will be fraud, which I'm sure doesn't bother you one bit.

LiberalNation
02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
nope and obama said he would end dadt, so I see that changing in the future and if not, nope again.

glockmail
02-19-2009, 04:41 PM
nope and obama said he would end dadt, so I see that changing in the future and if not, nope again. Once some geeky soldier shows up and decides he's found his soul mate in your skinny body this lesbian charade of yours will be all over.
http://content8.flixster.com/photo/10/58/09/10580910_gal.jpg

DannyR
02-19-2009, 04:44 PM
They don't dykes, so if you sign in it will be fraud, which I'm sure doesn't bother you one bit.

Is it really fraud? I thought under DADT they could no longer even ask the question. Thus, gays could serve as long as the Privates kept their privates private.

glockmail
02-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Is it really fraud? I thought under DADT they could no longer even ask the question. Thus, gays could serve as long as the Privates kept their privates private.
:lol: :beer:

You're not allowed to be gay in the US military, correct? So if you tell or no its still fraud.

Nukeman
02-19-2009, 05:08 PM
You don't get paid for rotc, he needs money as in now and wants to do something to get away. His gpa is like a 2.1 so he wouldn't qualify for an rotc scholarship if he tried.National guard ROTC has some of the best tuition reimbursemnet in Indiana. My son has looked at it already, they have full ride and 2-3 year scholarships for ROTC that includes room and board as well as tuition. They also get paid for their weekend a month and 2 weeks a year until graduation... It really is a good deal to come out with no debt and be paid while in school!!

DannyR
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
You're not allowed to be gay in the US military, correct? Actually thats what I was asking.

I know that was certainly the old rule, but I thought under DADT you could be gay, just so long as you weren't practicing or ever make it obvious. Thats the "don't tell" part.

The "don't ask" was the military's side of the bargain where they stopped asking and thus gays could sign up without being forsworn.

At least that was how I thought DADT worked. Any current military members know for sure?

Wiki has the following:
Sexual orientation will not be a bar to service unless manifested by homosexual conduct. The military will discharge members who engage in homosexual conduct, which is defined as a homosexual act, a statement that the member is homosexual or bisexual, or a marriage or attempted marriage to someone of the same gender.This again seems to say gays can join, as long as they don't act gay.

Mr. P
02-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Actually thats what I was asking.

I know that was certainly the old rule, but I thought under DADT you could be gay, just so long as you weren't practicing or ever make it obvious. Thats the "don't tell" part.

The "don't ask" was the military's side of the bargain where they stopped asking and thus gays could sign up without being forsworn.

At least that was how I thought DADT worked. Any current military members know for sure?

Wiki has the following: This again seems to say gays can join, as long as they don't act gay.

That's my understanding od DADT.

glockmail
02-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Actually thats what I was asking.

Wiki has the following: This again seems to say gays can join, as long as they don't act gay.In other words, if they have gay sex, then they've committed fraud, no?

As an aside, the priesthood will accept gays as well, but only if abstinent.

LiberalNation
02-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Like there aren't gays who have sex in the military but anyway.

glockmail
02-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Like there aren't gays who have sex in the military but anyway.So they are committing fraud along with a little bit of sodomy. That makes it all OK, right?

theHawk
02-19-2009, 08:50 PM
There are plenty of gays in the military. "Don't ask Don't tell" is a fucking joke. Usually everyone knows who is gay. When guys talk with a lisp they may as well have QUEER stamped on their forehead. I think gays should be able to serve, but if they make a spectacle out of their sexuality as many fags do then they should be booted.

Mr. P
02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
There are plenty of gays in the military. "Don't ask Don't tell" is a fucking joke. Usually everyone knows who is gay. When guys talk with a lisp they may as well have QUEER stamped on their forehead. I think gays should be able to serve, but if they make a spectacle out of their sexuality as many fags do then they should be booted.

This ole Vet has no problem with gays serving our country. I expect the same behavior from them as I do a heterosexual. If either F-up and bring their sexuality into the job out they go, it's that simple. I never saw it as an issue during my active duty days.

LiberalNation
02-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Like I suspected his mother is none too happy. Thinks is gona go get himself killed and if not never finish school after taking a semester off to finish training. He hasn't even been accepted yet, takes the asvab monday. Plans to go either infantry or mp, hope they don't screw him.

Psychoblues
02-23-2009, 05:15 AM
They're good for the educational money, ln. The standards are so low right now I don't think you have much to worry about on those avsap tests!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

LiberalNation
02-23-2009, 03:05 PM
He's so impatient, came back today from another meeting, can't wait to sign.

He needs a 50 on the asvab but hasn't studied or even looked into it. Says he's tured of tests.

Mr. P
02-23-2009, 03:33 PM
He's so impatient, came back today from another meeting, can't wait to sign.

He needs a 50 on the asvab but hasn't studied or even looked into it. Says he's tured of tests.

I always wondered what could be worse than a Gomer Pyle. Now I know.