PDA

View Full Version : Geography professor claims to have found Osama bin Laden

-Cp
02-19-2009, 02:31 AM
Using patterns of how animal species spread, the world's most wanted terrorist can be tracked down to a town in the tribal region of North West Pakistan it is claimed.

By factoring in his need for security, electricity, high ceilings to accommodate his 6ft 4in frame and spare rooms for his bodyguards, the search can be further narrowed to three walled compounds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/4681736/Geography-professor-claims-to-have-found-Osama-bin-Laden.html

PostmodernProphet
02-19-2009, 05:41 AM
"The idea of identifying three buildings in a city of half a million especially one in a country the authors have likely never visited is somewhat overconfident."

not to mention that publishing it is about as stupid as it gets.....if you really thought you were right, you go visiting with a shotgun, or at the very least talking to a government agent with a shotgun.....certainly you don't go to a reporter.....

Yurt
02-19-2009, 10:09 AM
not to mention that publishing it is about as stupid as it gets.....if you really thought you were right, you go visiting with a shotgun, or at the very least talking to a government agent with a shotgun.....certainly you don't go to a reporter.....

no kidding....hey world i found osama...he's hiding over there...now let's go get him

crin63
02-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Maybe the government dismissed his theory.

MtnBiker
02-19-2009, 10:33 AM
"By factoring in his need for security, electricity, high ceilings to accommodate his 6ft 4in frame and spare rooms for his bodyguards, the search can be further narrowed to three walled compounds.
"

Yeah, I'm sure the CIA never thought of this.

DannyR
02-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I'm sure the CIA never thought of this.Believe it or not, the CIA doesn't think of everything. 9/11 is proof enough of that. And even if they do, its a bureaucracy and information has to pass through multiple layers before action is taken on it. Like most things in life, the private contractor often can do things better than the government. The CIA isn't immune to this. One telling thing is the comment by Kim Rossmo, pretty much dismissing the claim out of hand. Did they even bother to look?

This guy might have had exactly the right track and used a novel approach. However its usefulness is now gone since he published it.

Maybe the government dismissed his theory. I don't see them telling the fellow to go ahead and publish though, even if they didn't think it was right, because the info is still useful, if not for Obama, then finding other fugitives.

MtnBiker
02-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Oh brother, anybody with a brain in their head could assume the needs of a 6' 4" terrorist with a kidney problem and security concerns.

I remember years ago intelligence commentators talking about this on the news show. The university professors are seeking some notoriety.

DannyR
02-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Oh brother, anybody with a brain in their head could assume the needs of a 6' 4" terrorist with a kidney problem and security concerns.And Tom Clancy wrote about using a large plane as weapon years before 9/11 too.

Your faith in government is apparently larger than mine. :salute:

PostmodernProphet
02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
because the info is still useful, if not for Obama, then finding other fugitives.

fo'h pa?.........

Psychoblues
02-21-2009, 06:45 AM
No claim is being made, cp. What's your point?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??! Did you read the article or just scan the content and agree with the headline?!?!?!??!????!?!

You terror freaks are just scared to death. Personally, I can't live that way!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

DannyR
02-21-2009, 02:21 PM
fo'h pa?.........

:clap::lol::laugh2: didn't see that. hilarious

theHawk
02-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Using patterns of how animal species spread, the world's most wanted terrorist can be tracked down to a town in the tribal region of North West Pakistan it is claimed.

By factoring in his need for security, electricity, high ceilings to accommodate his 6ft 4in frame and spare rooms for his bodyguards, the search can be further narrowed to three walled compounds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/4681736/Geography-professor-claims-to-have-found-Osama-bin-Laden.html

We should just carpet bomb/nuke the whole region....

PostmodernProphet
02-22-2009, 07:06 AM
We should just carpet bomb/nuke the whole region....

wrong to even think it, Hawk.....that's like saying we should carpet bomb the US because we are stupid enough to have folks like Obama, Reid and Pelosi as leaders......

DannyR
02-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Well, if we have flyover states, you didn't think that referred to a commuter plane did you?