PDA

View Full Version : Chicago tea party

Trigg
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I thought it was humerus. They have a guy on the commodities floor getting a reaction on the proposed housing buyout.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853

PostmodernProphet
02-19-2009, 05:36 PM
and the amazing thing was it was on cnbc......

Trigg
02-19-2009, 05:38 PM
and the amazing thing was it was on cnbc......

My thoughts exactly.

Another amazing thing, if you listen closely, is they're talking about the fact that even if interrest rates are lowered to 2%........40% of the people STILL couldn't afford the houses they have.

crin63
02-19-2009, 09:50 PM
They have a poll on CNBC as to would you join the Chicago Tea Party and the response is pretty good. Almost 47,000 votes and 89% would join.

This is good stuff.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29283701

-Cp
02-20-2009, 02:06 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yEDlod2V80U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yEDlod2V80U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Joe Steel
02-20-2009, 07:39 AM
I heard the guy on my local hate radio station.

What a whiner.

That guy should keep his mouth shut until he gets a brain.

remie
02-20-2009, 08:24 AM

What a whiner.

I didnt have to go to hate radio to see this, they played it on loony left tv last night on msnbc. The revolution is on.

By the way....what did he say that isnt true?

red states rule
02-20-2009, 08:31 AM

What a whiner.

Folks are mad because Obama is rewarding losers and punishing winners, just like most liberals want do.

The thought of handing out billions of dollars to the people who bought houses they could not afford is repugnant to all but the most brainwashed sheep.

When the hell did owning a home become a right in America?

Joe Steel
02-20-2009, 08:54 AM
I didnt have to go to hate radio to see this, they played it on loony left tv last night on msnbc. The revolution is on.

By the way....what did he say that isnt true?

I don't know that any of it wasn't true. It isn't a matter of truth. It's a matter of what will serve the country. We can't have thousands of families thrown into the streets by foreclosure. Like it or not, the only way to stop that from happening is sheltering them from the consequences of their poor decsisons. It may be distasteful but it's better than the alternative.

red states rule
02-20-2009, 08:55 AM
I don't know that any of it wasn't true. It wasn't a matter of truth. It's a matter of what will serve the country. We can't have thousands of families thrown into the streets. Like it or not, the only way to stop that from happening is sheltering them from the consequences of their poor decsisons. It may be distasteful but it's better than the alternative.

Loe, they will not be thriown out on the street. If they lose their home they will then bcome RENTERS

Which is what they should have been in the first place

Joe Steel
02-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Folks are mad because Obama is rewarding losers and punishing winners, just like most liberals want do.

The thought of handing out billions of dollars to the people who bought houses they could not afford is repugnant to all but the most brainwashed sheep.

When the hell did owning a home become a right in America?

I don't see mortgage relief as a right to own a home. It's more like government money used to rebuild after a hurricane or flood.

red states rule
02-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I don't see mortgage relief as a right to own a home. It's more like government money used to rebuild after a hurricane or flood.

My tax dollars should not go to people who made bad decisions. So they lose their home and have to rent

They start to rebuild their credit, and do as my parents did. Save money for a down payment when they buy a home

glockmail
02-20-2009, 09:43 AM
All three are bad policy:

Encourages people to buy in balloon markets with a home that they can't afford;
Encourages over-development in storm prone areas with homes that are too big, build too fast and without adequate Code enforcement;
Encourages development in coastlines, river banks and estuaries, all areas better suited to wildlife habitat or agricultural resources.

red states rule
02-20-2009, 09:49 AM

Encourages over-development in storm prone areas with homes that are too big, build too fast and without adequate Code enforcement;
Encourages development in coastlines, river banks and estuaries, all areas better suited to wildlife habitat or agricultural resources.

People in this country don't see the ramifications of letting the goverment take care of them. Pretty soon they won't have any say so about anything.

I guess they like it that way since they keep putting their hand out for someone else to make their decisions for them, pay for their houses, etc. I guess they haven't realized yet that it comes at a price and that price could be the freedom to make those decisions.

I guess they think that all that stuff really is free.

PostmodernProphet
02-20-2009, 09:50 AM

okay, if you want to use that analogy.....how do you feel about rebuilding a home with government money for a guy who built his home in the middle of the Mississippi River?.......granted some folks who are foreclosed on were the result of CHANGED circumstances, but the bulk of the problem exists because people were given adjustable rate mortgages with payments that were at the top end of their ability to pay......the very first time the rates changed to market value they were incapable of paying the monthly payments.....how do you "rebuild" that?.......

Nukeman
02-20-2009, 10:42 AM

What a whiner.

I don't know that any of it wasn't true. It isn't a matter of truth. It's a matter of what will serve the country. We can't have thousands of families thrown into the streets by foreclosure. Like it or not, the only way to stop that from happening is sheltering them from the consequences of their poor decsisons. It may be distasteful but it's better than the alternative.

All I can say to you Joe is OMG!!!!!!! You are a true communist!!!! or do you see yourself as Robin Hood you know take from the rich and give to the poor. Its one thing when your poor by uncontroled circumstances its quite another when you place YOURSELF there by bad decisions!!!! NO ONE and I mean NO ONE should be burdend with the resposibilty to fix anothers poor choices..........:poke:

red states rule
02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
All I can say to you Joe is OMG!!!!!!! You are a true communist!!!! or do you see yourself as Robin Hood you know take from the rich and give to the poor. Its one thing when your poor by uncontroled circumstances its quite another when you place YOURSELF there by bad decisions!!!! NO ONE and I mean NO ONE should be burdend with the resposibilty to fix anothers poor choices..........:poke:

http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/147247.jpg

Joe Steel
02-20-2009, 01:29 PM
My tax dollars should not go to people who made bad decisions. So they lose their home and have to rent

Does that include anyone who lives on a flood plain or in Kansas?

Joe Steel
02-20-2009, 01:32 PM

If they didn't live in all those bad places, the demand for building sites in good places would be so great very few could afford them.

Would you prefer that?

Joe Steel
02-20-2009, 01:38 PM
okay, if you want to use that analogy.....how do you feel about rebuilding a home with government money for a guy who built his home in the middle of the Mississippi River?.......granted some folks who are foreclosed on were the result of CHANGED circumstances, but the bulk of the problem exists because people were given adjustable rate mortgages with payments that were at the top end of their ability to pay......the very first time the rates changed to market value they were incapable of paying the monthly payments.....how do you "rebuild" that?.......

Every spring, my local TV is full of pictures of flooded houses and every year, someone says "they knew it was a flood plain." This past spring, though, one flooded-out homeowner said "Yeah, I knew it was a flood plain but its's all I could afford." That made me realize these folks were making use of land no one else wanted and, by doing so, were helping keep prices of the more desireable sites low. Taxpayers may very well be getting back in lower housing prices the relief they give the flood victims.

Monkeybone
02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
there is a difference between " that is all i could afford" and "i bought this house that i couldn't afford anyways and now that they want their money for realy i can't afford it". those are the ones that they are talking about. when you are only able to pay the mortage on a $50k house, yet you still took out the loan for the $250k house..that is just a duh moment.

PostmodernProphet
02-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Every spring, my local TV is full of pictures of flooded houses and every year, someone says "they knew it was a flood plain." This past spring, though, one flooded-out homeowner said "Yeah, I knew it was a flood plain but its's all I could afford." That made me realize these folks were making use of land no one else wanted and, by doing so, were helping keep prices of the more desireable sites low. Taxpayers may very well be getting back in lower housing prices the relief they give the flood victims.

good lord, that is the worst rationalization I have ever heard....so we should pay people to make use of things nobody wants to keep down the price of things that people really want?.......

Yurt
02-20-2009, 02:21 PM

so they are not responsible for taking the risk of living in a flood plain? are you saying he had a "right" to own a home and he should not rent because he cannot afford to buy a home?

Trigg
02-20-2009, 03:00 PM
If they didn't live in all those bad places, the demand for building sites in good places would be so great very few could afford them.

Would you prefer that?

owning a house is a privilege, not a right.

If those dumb asses CHOOSE to live in flood plains they shouldn't be getting tax dollars and bailed out year after year. They also shouldn't get reduced flood insurance. Good lord, rent an apartment or something.

Same thing goes with people who CHOOSE to get balloon payments or interest only loans. They screwed themselves and I don't want to bail them out for their bad decisions. Like any number of people here have already stated. They need to RENT and save their money and IN THE FUTURE, buy a house they can AFFORD.

Trigg
02-20-2009, 03:01 PM

What a whiner.

LOL, anything that isn't all commie, all the time, is hate radio and media to you.

Cuba needs citizens, have you checked them out????

glockmail
02-20-2009, 03:25 PM

Would you prefer that?Actually, the cost of homes in most of these places are very high due to the proximity of water, which is a recreational benefit. So the average taxpayer is subsidizing some rich guys vacation home along with screwing the environment.

Yurt
02-20-2009, 03:56 PM

Would you prefer that?

:lol:

but you support section 8 and welfare assistance which allows people to live in places they otherwise could not afford, thus, falsely inflating the value of homes which i have argued all along...

thank you for agreeing with me, though i don't think you realize that you argued a conservative POV

Little-Acorn
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
All I can say to you Joe is OMG!!!!!!! You are a true communist!!!!
Did you just now start to notice this about little joesteal? His longtime hysterical rants can have no other source.

or do you see yourself as Robin Hood you know take from the rich and give to the poor.
Contrary to that silly mischaracterization, Robin Hood did not "steal from the rich". Look closely at the actual Robin Hood legend. Actually, most movies have gotten it right, an unusual circumstance for Hollywood.

Robin Hood stole from government tax collectors and Treasury Agents. And he gave the money back to the people (often poor peasants) who had EARNED it.

In other words, Robin Hood was a conservative.

-Cp
02-21-2009, 12:49 AM
The White House Press Secretary responds:

<embed src="http://services.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/1155201977" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=13778694001&playerId=1155201977&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>