PDA

View Full Version : Opposition to stimulus is slap in face of african americans

Yurt
02-20-2009, 01:12 AM
SC Rep: Opposition to stimulus is slap in face

COLUMBIA, S.C. – The highest-ranking black congressman said Thursday that opposition to the federal stimulus package by southern GOP governors is "a slap in the face of African-Americans."

U.S. Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C., said he was insulted when the governors of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and his home state, which have large black populations, said they might not accept some of the money from the $787 billion stimulus package.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry said Wednesday he would accept the money, and none of the others has rejected it outright. The Republican governors of Idaho and Alaska also said they had reservations about whether the money would come with too many strings attached, but Clyburn said he was particularly taken aback by southern governors who said they might decline it.

"These four governors represent states that are in the proverbial black belt," Clyburn said.

A spokesman for South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford accused Clyburn of playing the race card.

"Spending money at the federal level that we do not have represents a future tax increase on all South Carolinians, regardless of their color," Sanford spokesman Joel Sawyer said in an e-mail statement. "And in the process of doing so, he's ripping off everyone he claims to represent."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090220/ap_on_re_us/stimulus_governors

good lord...and the obama administration says americans are cowards about race...

hey, maybe, just maybe, americans are sick and tired of hearing about it...

crin63
02-20-2009, 02:02 AM
hey, maybe, just maybe, americans are sick and tired of hearing about it...

I know I am!

I'm so sick of the victim crap mentality.

Yurt
02-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I know I am!

I'm so sick of the victim crap mentality.

no surprise that the dems, who claim everyone but them is a racist, are silent in this thread...oh the dripping wet hypocrisy

crin63
02-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Apparently race wars are on the way. They need them to keep making money from the self deluded victims.

Trigg
02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Wonderful

Now, being against anything bambam wants is racist. It's going to be a long 4 years.

PostmodernProphet
02-20-2009, 03:16 PM
is that the equivalent of a claim that the stimulus package is DIRECTED at African-Americans?......

Immanuel
02-20-2009, 05:06 PM
is that the equivalent of a claim that the stimulus package is DIRECTED at African-Americans?......

Indirectly, yes, but I am certain some will consider you racist for making such an observation.

Immie

Yurt
02-20-2009, 05:14 PM

i think so....the stupidity of the comment would be funny if the underlying accusations weren't so serious. as if only black people will not get the money if the governors don't take it. as if the governors are going to take the money on the side and give it solely to white people.

the more comments racists like this guy and the obama administration make only weakens the whole race things...people are tired of it and seems to me these guys are making a last ditch attempt to keep racism on the front burner when it really isn't even on the back burner. racism is their bread and butter and the greatest way for them to get "something"

Immanuel
02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
i think so....the stupidity of the comment would be funny if the underlying accusations weren't so serious. as if only black people will not get the money if the governors don't take it. as if the governors are going to take the money on the side and give it solely to white people.

the more comments racists like this guy and the obama administration make only weakens the whole race things...people are tired of it and seems to me these guys are making a last ditch attempt to keep racism on the front burner when it really isn't even on the back burner. racism is their bread and butter and the greatest way for them to get "something"

It is funny that you took it that way. I never even considered it in this light. The way I took what he said, was that a good deal of that money was going to blacks and that opposition to the plan was mostly hurting black people and that the reason people opposed the plan was because people wanted to hurt black people. It seemed to me that he was saying they deserved it... a la reparations? And that opposition to the plan was an attempt to keep blacks from getting what they deserve. Maybe I was just reading more into what he said, than what he really said?

His comments seemed very racist to me. Oh wait, they were racist!

Immie

emmett
02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
If you do not support the Stimulus Package...... YOU ARE A RACIST!!!!!!

Just go ahead and say it without the fillers. RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST!

There!

I am a racist because I think we could have avopided the entire thing. I am a racist because I can't stand the thought of seeing Barack Obama on my TV for the next eight years telling me how he is bettering my life. I can't even look at that damn Pelosi anymore, I have to turn my head. She sickens me! Bonnie Frank gives me the chills. I was able to accept the queer over the years but I sure was blind to the fact that he would play such a huge part in ruining the American economy through his good work in the Mortgage industry.

By the way, what ever happened with that Rangel thing? Disappeared. You know ... the Burmuda house, freebies, Countrywide etc,.....

RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACUIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST

I am a racist because I don't agree with a single damn democratic talking point...... not one! Nothing! Notta........ I AM A RACIST because I disagree with Black Party. Call it what it is. It the Black Party of the United States. Black Liberal Party! The BLP! No other party has such a high percentage of one ethnic group comprising it's ranks. NONE! Blacks = 95% Democrats. NINETY FIVE PERCENT!!!!!!

Of course.... Queers vote Democrat too. Can't leave them out! We'll call it the Queer Black Liberal Party. I AM A RACIST! I AM A RACIST!

I DO NOT SUPPORT THE STIMULUS PACKAGE, I do not support anyone, any politician or any line of thinking that even begins to pretend this is the wahy out of our trouble. Spending a bazillio0n dollars we don't have. We don't have it! What part of that do we not get????????? WE DON"T HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do we teach our children? If you don't have a penny, you cannot buy the gum! Come on!

OK...... I'm done!

PS....... I loved America!

Yurt
02-20-2009, 06:36 PM
It is funny that you took it that way. I never even considered it in this light. The way I took what he said, was that a good deal of that money was going to blacks and that opposition to the plan was mostly hurting black people and that the reason people opposed the plan was because people wanted to hurt black people. It seemed to me that he was saying they deserved it... a la reparations? And that opposition to the plan was an attempt to keep blacks from getting what they deserve. Maybe I was just reading more into what he said, than what he really said?

His comments seemed very racist to me. Oh wait, they were racist!

Immie

interesting take. he could have been talking about that, hard to tell the mind of a racist who instead of caring for all his constituents (he is a congressman) immediately defends only the black constituents. not a peep about his white, brown, yellow, whatever, constituents, only the black people....maybe i am crazy, but i believe blacks have fought against whites who do this to blacks....

red states rule
02-23-2009, 09:34 AM
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/1aaaclyburn1.jpg