PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter Fansite staff gets to review "Deathly Hallows"

KitchenKitten99
04-01-2007, 10:48 AM
www.comcast.net/entertainment/index

Potter Fans Get To Review New Book
By Natha Pagen, Associated Press Writer
Sun Apr 1, 2:21 AM

LOS ANGELES - Exciting news for certain Harry Potter fans. Scholastic and Bloomsbury (UK Publisher) has offered the staff of www.mugglenet.com , including the owner Notre Dame student, Emerson Spartz, a chance to review the book, even before it has hit the printers. This means they will get a chance to read a copy of the manuscript.

There is only one catch. They are not allowed to share their reviews with anyone but Scholastic and Bloomsbury. However they felt that their fans have waited just as long as they have, so they have posted a few spoilers for those daring to read them. They wrote them in a way that is not really a review, but fragments of varying observations. We have received permission to publish some of them, along with the reviewer's first name. You can read all of their comments at the website itself. A word of caution. There are many spoilers below!

"Dumbledore's triumphant resurrection, complete with the gaudy descent from the heavens on Sirius' motorbike was completely and utterly unnecessary...but at least we now know where the motorbike actually is and the significance of where it went after Book 1." -Brendan

"I always had an inkling that there was more to Hermione; her immediate knack with magic, and her irregular mood swings towards supposed 'friends,' Harry and Ron. I should have known she'd switch to the Dark side eventually. I just wish she hadn't killed the whole of Ravenclaw in the process ..."-Ciaran

"So Dudley's worst memory when attacked by the Dementor was being told he had to diet." -Nick

"I still laugh every time I think about Draco and those geese. I guess it's not just sleeping dragons you're not suppose to tickle." -Natalie

"Who knew that J.K. Rowling would employ the use of the often-frowned-upon literary technique referred to only as 'the dog ate my homework gag,' when justifying the location of the seventh Horcrux?!" -Eric

"The symbolic revelation that Dumbledore is actually an Animagus living in the form of a bumblebee does not do much to disprove the theory that Harry Potter is a children's book. However, after Voldemort's tragic and gruesome death caused by the shift in gravity and the moon falling down to earth, crushing him beneath it, I'm pretty sure this is a book mothers all over the world will be keeping far away from their children." -Roni

Happy April Fools' Day! :laugh2:

jackass
04-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Dammmmnnn....you got me good!!! I even called my wife in Va!!

KitchenKitten99
04-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Dammmmnnn....you got me good!!! I even called my wife in Va!!

I wrote only the 'reporter' part. The rest I got from the mugglenet.com site that pulled this trick in their news updates, only not the way I did it.