PDA

View Full Version : Remember This Tomorrow Night When Obama Speaks

Kathianne
02-22-2009, 01:51 PM
There is nothing new:

http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.com/2009/02/revolt-of-kulaks-has-begun.html

Sunday, February 22, 2009
The Revolt of the Kulaks Has Begun
The beginning of a protest movement against Barack Obama's redistributive policies is underway. Though still small, every movement starts somewhere. While called the "Tea Party" after the Boston Tea Party, this movement is similar to movements throughout history where the producers of society refuse to have their property and income confiscated.

This movement can succeed if it does not stop at protest and includes changes in economic behavior. Obama's redistributive plans require higher taxation, but higher tax plans (to be announced this week by Obama) are based on the fallacy that the "rich" will not change their economic behavior in reaction to higher tax rates.

History tells us, however, that economic redistribution plans fail because the producers of society would rather not produce, than have the fruits of their production taken away and given to others. Obama can raise the tax rates on income, but he cannot force people to generate income to be taxed. People may just say "no." This resistance will not come from evading taxes, but from evading taxable income. In the end, as must all economic redistributors, Obama either will have to resort to repressive measures, or he will have to abandon his redistributive plans....

April15
02-22-2009, 04:30 PM
One big ass problem is that income for the rich is generated not by them but in spite of them. They have no earned income but passive income. So how will they quit making money? The bolsheveks/proletariats had to work to earn money so the revolt in early america worked, as in russia.

Kathianne
02-22-2009, 04:38 PM
One big ass problem is that income for the rich is generated not by them but in spite of them. They have no earned income but passive income. So how will they quit making money? The bolsheveks/proletariats had to work to earn money so the revolt in early america worked, as in russia.

When investments are providing the jobs that the proletariat needs, it seems nonsensical to keep investing if the state will take the proceeds. It's not just the workers who would like to stop. So we'll all stop.

Think the government can provide jobs for all? I hear they give great benefits.

DannyR
02-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Remember This Tomorrow Night When Obama Speaks

Oh, you scared me. Thought House and Heroes were in danger of being pre-empted again. *lol*

I believe he's speaking on Tuesday, not tomorrow (Monday)

April15
02-22-2009, 04:48 PM
When investments are providing the jobs that the proletariat needs, it seems nonsensical to keep investing if the state will take the proceeds. It's not just the workers who would like to stop. So we'll all stop.

Think the government can provide jobs for all? I hear they give great benefits.I sure won't quit working or investing. Capital gains is a small price to pay for the security of the nation that allows me to make those gains!

Kathianne
02-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh, you scared me. Thought House and Heroes were in danger of being pre-empted again. *lol*

I believe he's speaking on Tuesday, not tomorrow (Monday)

My bad, should have known 'meeting days' are Tuesdays. ;) Thanks.

bullypulpit
02-22-2009, 08:21 PM
If you want to see the logical extension of GOP economic polices, look no further than Indonesia under Suharto...Chile under Pinochet...Brazil under Goulart...Argentina under its military junta...China under Deng Zhiao-Ping. All embraced Milton Friedman's "Chicago School" economic policies wholesale, rather than piecemeal as the GOP has been doing since the Reagan years.