PDA

View Full Version : Presidency a 'Step Down' for Obama

red states rule
02-23-2009, 09:12 AM
It is amazing to see the love affais the liberal media has with Obama

ABC's Terry Moran: For Obama, Presidency Is a 'Step Down'
By Scott Whitlock (Bio | Archive)
February 20, 2009 - 15:55 ET

"Nightline" co-anchor Terry Moran gave an interview on Friday to the Media Bistro's "Morning Media Menu" podcast and compared Barack Obama to George Washington. Talking to host and editor Steve Krakauer, Moran gushed, "I like to say that, in some ways, Barack Obama is the first President since George Washington to be taking a step down into the Oval Office." (For those who have forgotten, George Washington defeated the strongest military power in the world. Barack Obama was a community organizer.)

Moran continued, "I mean, from visionary leader of a giant movement, now he's got an executive position that he has to perform in, in a way." [MP3 audio of just this answer, 26 seconds]

On his Twitter page later, the ABC journalist attempted to explain his over-the-top comparison. Moran, who can be seen in the above file photo, contended, "I said like only Washington, Obama came to office as more than a politician, a visionary leader for many. Now 's he's got a job."

Co-host Glynnis MacNicol, also an editor at Media Bistro, asked the "Nightline" anchor about journalists who have gone to work for the Obama administration and whether they're in the pocket of the Obama. Moran admitted, "I don't think its any secret, and it hasn't been for 30 plus years, that journalists in their personal views at the national level tend to be more liberal than the rest of America. And I think that every poll has basically shown that."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2009/02/20/abcs-terry-moran-compares-visionary-obama-george-washington

PostmodernProphet
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Presidency a 'Step Down' for Obama

he must be assuming you cannot simultaneously be president AND Messiah......

red states rule
02-23-2009, 10:36 AM
he must be assuming you cannot simultaneously be president AND Messiah......

or maybe Terry is bucking for a job in Barry's administration