PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Auto Team Drives Imports

red states rule
02-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Soon they will be switiching to Amercian made limos paid for by the US taxpayer

WASHINGTON -- The vehicles owned by the Obama administration's auto team could reflect one reason why Detroit's Big Three automakers are in trouble: The list includes few new American cars.

Among the eight members named Friday to the Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry and the 10 senior policy aides who will assist them in their work, two own American models. Add the Treasury Department's special adviser to the task force and the total jumps to three.

The Detroit News reviewed public records to discover what many of the task force and staff members drove, but information was not available on all of the officials, and records for some states were not complete.

At least two task force members don't own a car, and there are still two open slots on the 10-member panel that will be filled by the secretaries of labor and commerce, who have not yet been appointed.

The co-chairs of the task force -- Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner and White House National Economic Council Director Lawrence Summers -- both own foreign automobiles.

Geithner owns a 2008 Acura TSX, registered in New York. He once owned a 1999 Honda Accord and a 2002 Acura MDX, according to public records.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090223/AUTO01/902230327

Little-Acorn
02-23-2009, 12:20 PM
These are liberals.

They don't have to obey the regulations they lay down for the rest of us, or even the spirit of their agenda. Boosting a "Buy American" plan, is just for the little guy.

"Regulations for thee, but not for me."

Hope this helps you understand.

Yurt
02-23-2009, 06:26 PM
thats pretty funny...these guys want to bail out auto companies that they personally would not buy a car from

hey, i think anyone purchased a ford pinto ought to get a one time bailout of 1 million dollars, just sayin

moderate democrat
02-23-2009, 08:37 PM
I would have loved to have purchased an american made automobile at any of the numerous purchase points I have encountered in the last 25 years... unfortunately, SAABS and VW's were always better buys.

Yurt
02-23-2009, 09:52 PM
I would have loved to have purchased an american made automobile at any of the numerous purchase points I have encountered in the last 25 years... unfortunately, SAABS and VW's were always better buys.

back to the thread topic, go to the music section if you want to write country :poke:

isn't it stupid to bailout car companies that you don't believe make a superior car? why bailout a company even you wouldn't invest in?

pure stupidity....maybe that is why you see it logically

moderate democrat
02-23-2009, 10:09 PM
back to the thread topic, go to the music section if you want to write country :poke:

isn't it stupid to bailout car companies that you don't believe make a superior car? why bailout a company even you wouldn't invest in?

pure stupidity....maybe that is why you see it logically

the answer to your question is inherently obvious. we should bail out american car companies, even if they produce the second or third best cars on the market, simply because they employ americans who, if left unemployed, will drag our entire economy down with them. logical.

Yurt
02-23-2009, 10:21 PM
the answer to your question is inherently obvious. we should bail out american car companies, even if they produce the second or third best cars on the market, simply because they employ americans who, if left unemployed, will drag our entire economy down with them. logical.

yes, let's reward failure :poke:

because that is the american way :poke:

you are unpatriotic, you are anti-american

red states rule
02-24-2009, 07:19 AM

Rewarding failure is one of the foundations of liberalism. If you are a failure in life, libs will shower you with government handouts from cradle to grave

If you are successful in life they punish you by taking more and more of your income to finance the above mentioned handouts - and even take half of your wealth from your family after you die

moderate democrat
02-24-2009, 07:24 AM

you are silly:lol:

red states rule
02-24-2009, 07:27 AM
you are silly:lol:

Take a good look at the mega pork bill, Obama and the Dems are rewarding failure, and want people to be dependent on government

moderate democrat
02-24-2009, 07:32 AM
do you think that the government should sit back and do absolutely nothing to prevent the american auto industry from going in the tank and dragging down all of the other portions of the economy that feed it and depend upon it?

and please explain how building a bridge over the mississippi at moline illinois rewards failure.

red states rule
02-24-2009, 07:37 AM
do you think that the government should sit back and do absolutely nothing to prevent the american auto industry from going in the tank and dragging down all of the other portions of the economy that feed it and depend upon it?

and please explain how building a bridge over the mississippi at moline illinois rewards failure.

There should be NO bailouts for anyone or any company - period

As far as the bridge project, I will wait to see what the return on the taxpayers invrestment will be. Currently, the cost per job in Obama's mega pork bill is $230,000 per job

As usual, the US taxpayer is getting screwed

Wall St sees what Obama is doing. Wasting money, promising higher taxes on companies, and the producers in this country

Dow is down to 11 years lows

Some change.

Obama is the star in the new show "Welcome Back Carter"

Yurt
02-24-2009, 01:20 PM

why do you think my money should reward failure?

even obama's admin doesn't believe in buying american cars :poke:

moderate democrat
02-24-2009, 01:41 PM
why do you think my money should reward failure?

even obama's admin doesn't believe in buying american cars :poke:

I don't think that we should REWARD failure. I do not think we can afford to allow the auto industry in America to fail. Apparently, you do.

just remember: no cars, no ambulances either.:lol:

Yurt
02-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I don't think that we should REWARD failure. I do not think we can afford to allow the auto industry in America to fail. Apparently, you do.

just remember: no cars, no ambulances either.:lol:

i'm sure jim is happy that you lied when you promised him you would stop mentioning my profession....but we all know you are whiny little liar

how is it not rewarding failure? even obama's administration does not believe in buying american cars. the car companies failed...how can you possibly say that the companies have not failed?

moderate democrat
02-24-2009, 02:35 PM
i'm sure jim is happy that you lied when you promised him you would stop mentioning my profession....but we all know you are whiny little liar

how is it not rewarding failure? even obama's administration does not believe in buying american cars. the car companies failed...how can you possibly say that the companies have not failed?

I would not consider being forced to operate a company under strict unrelenting government oversight to be a 'reward'. This administration does not believe that we can just sit back and allow the auto industry - and all the industries that feed into it and rely upon it - to go down the tubes. This has a lot to do with saving American jobs and using the power of government to force innovation on Detroit... it is not a reward, in my book.

Did I mention your profession in the quoted post?:poke:

Yurt
02-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I would not consider being forced to operate a company under strict unrelenting government oversight to be a 'reward'. This administration does not believe that we can just sit back and allow the auto industry - and all the industries that feed into it and rely upon it - to go down the tubes. This has a lot to do with saving American jobs and using the power of government to force innovation on Detroit... it is not a reward, in my book.

Did I mention your profession in the quoted post?:poke:

liar

no ambulances either :poke:

we both know what you mean...chasing ambulances you whiny liar

the companies failed, you want to reward that. government cannot force innovation, that is absolute nonsense. you sound like a commie

moderate democrat
02-24-2009, 03:02 PM
liar

:poke:

we both know what you mean...chasing ambulances you whiny liar

the companies failed, you want to reward that. government cannot force innovation, that is absolute nonsense. you sound like a commie

if you inferred I was talking about your profession, that was all about you, little man..I never mentioned it.

government can't force innovation? Oh really? what do you think CAFE standards did?

Yurt
02-24-2009, 03:16 PM
if you inferred I was talking about your profession, that was all about you, little man..I never mentioned it.

government can't force innovation? Oh really? what do you think CAFE standards did?

you're flat out lying, you just told me to go chase ambulances in a pm....you fully meant to insult me and my profession and your cute comment in pm is nothing more than a poke while you lie on the board...

you're really pathetic

now stop derailing threads

government CANNOT force innovation, the fact you think so is telling

moderate democrat
02-24-2009, 04:47 PM
you're flat out lying, you just told me to go chase ambulances in a pm....you fully meant to insult me and my profession and your cute comment in pm is nothing more than a poke while you lie on the board...

you're really pathetic

now stop derailing threads

government CANNOT force innovation, the fact you think so is telling

::yawn:: I didn't mention your profession... that's a fact.

I noticed that you, true to form, ran away from my statement about government forcing innovation.... or maybe you thought that CAFE standards had to do with coffee shops?:lol:

red states rule
02-25-2009, 07:58 AM
As one would expect, the Obama government will now get into pensions. Most peoples pension in some way depend on the stock market and with it falling, pensions will soon evaporate.

Obama will now need to guarantee them. It won't be long before the government totally controls every business to some degree.

The economic team of Obama is digging the hole so much deeper

And they do not even drive American cars

crin63
02-25-2009, 11:59 AM
thats pretty funny...these guys want to bail out auto companies that they personally would not buy a car from

Since its actually a union bailout and not an automaker bailout it makes perfect sense. They are just trying to preserve their union voting block by keeping the big 3 afloat. Besides libs seldom ever put their money where their mouth is.