04-01-2007, 11:54 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070401/ap_on_el_pr/thompson2008

Not a huge surprise.

5stringJeff
04-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Interesting.

Hugh Lincoln
04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Yes, Tommy, presiding over the welfare distribution center otherwise known as the Department of Health and Human Services sure is conservative.

Cough.

04-06-2007, 02:39 AM
Yes, Tommy, presiding over the welfare distribution center otherwise known as the Department of Health and Human Services sure is conservative.

Cough.

I was thinking the same thing... its amazing how people define conservative nowadays.

GW in Ohio
04-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing... its amazing how people define conservative nowadays.

Let's face it, boys, if the GOPs nominate a conservative that you guys approve of, he'll get clobbered in the general election.

The only Republicans who stand a chance are the ones you label RINOs.

It's a bitch, isn't it?

Hugh Lincoln
04-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Let's face it, boys, if the GOPs nominate a conservative that you guys approve of, he'll get clobbered in the general election.

The only Republicans who stand a chance are the ones you label RINOs.

It's a bitch, isn't it?

I ain't no GOP partisan, believe me. But history says you're wrong. Reagan was a strong Republican and he was elected twice. I think issues sometimes fall before presentation and personality. If Hillary can beat Tom Tancredo or Ron Paul -- and of course she could -- she can beat Tommy Thompson, Rudy Giuliani or John McCain.

Heard a good line the other day: America doesn't need a third party. It needs a second.