PDA

View Full Version : I wish he would have realized this last week....

PostmodernProphet
02-23-2009, 03:12 PM
President Obama, opening a "fiscal responsibility summit" to tackle the flood of red ink facing the federal government, declared today that Washington can no longer "spend as we please" -- and will no longer try to hide the size of the problem.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/02/obama_vows_hone.html

02-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Kind of convenient to realize that after you pay off all your constitutents.

Mr. P
02-23-2009, 05:49 PM
I heard it reported today that there are 9000 portions of pork in this bail-out bill. Same ole same ole...only this one will kill the Country...I sure hope more states get on the we don't want the $$ bandwagon! That, IMO, is the only hope!

Classact
02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Guess he smacked his forehead and said, damn I could of had a V8... spend a trillion one week and go on a diet the next... enough to make your head spin... does anyone besides me see Obama as a deer in the headlights?

Mr. P
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Guess he smacked his forehead and said, damn I could of had a V8... spend a trillion one week and go on a diet the next... enough to make your head spin... does anyone besides me see Obama as a deer in the headlights?

Oh BIG TIME! But he has SOooooooo much experience doncha know?

Yurt
02-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh BIG TIME! But he has SOooooooo much experience doncha know?

"shitloads"

yours truly,

OCA

Yurt
02-23-2009, 06:31 PM

:laugh2:

Immanuel
02-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I heard it reported today that there are 9000 portions of pork in this bail-out bill. Same ole same ole...only this one will kill the Country...I sure hope more states get on the we don't want the $$ bandwagon! That, IMO, is the only hope!

You know, I am beginning to wonder if that is not the intent of the bill in the first place. If he kills the country off, then the 22nd Amendment be damned.

Immie

5stringJeff
02-23-2009, 06:49 PM
It's the height of hypocrisy to come out and say that you believe in fiscal responsibility after you demand a $1,500,000,000,000 pork bill one month after your inauguration. It's sickening.

Yurt
02-23-2009, 06:54 PM
It's the height of hypocrisy to come out and say that you believe in fiscal responsibility after you demand a $1,500,000,000,000 pork bill one month after your inauguration. It's sickening.

that would be funny, if not so true and pathetic

Yurt
02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
the press is not at all biased in favor of obama, newest headline:

Obama pledges to slash deficit — after increase

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090223/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_economy

02-23-2009, 10:15 PM
the press is not at all biased in favor of obama, newest headline:

Obama pledges to slash deficit — after increase

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090223/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_economy

Its not going to be difficult to slash the budget when he has already grown it so much. He could cut it in half and the debt would still be growing more than it did the past 8 years

Kathianne
02-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Its not going to be difficult to slash the budget when he has already grown it so much. He could cut it in half and the debt would still be growing more than it did the past 8 years

Measure that, after the jobs saved.

PostmodernProphet
02-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Its not going to be difficult to slash the budget when he has already grown it so much.

it is when your a Democrat......

bullypulpit
02-24-2009, 04:31 AM

Kinda like the Bush administration keeping the invasion and occupation off budget by funding it with emergency supplemental spending bills a couple of times a year and no bid contracts to Halliburton, KBR and others.

Kathianne
02-24-2009, 07:07 AM
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/02/obama_vows_hone.html

Even AP notes:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBAMA_ECONOMY?SITE=TNKNN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Feb 24, 4:26 AM EST

Obama pledges to slash deficit _ after increase

By LIZ SIDOTI
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Urging strict future restraint even as current spending soars, President Barack Obama pledged on Monday to dramatically slash the skyrocketing annual budget deficit as he started to dole out the record $787 billion economic stimulus package he signed last week

"If we confront this crisis without also confronting the deficits that helped cause it, we risk sinking into another crisis down the road," the president warned, promising to cut the yearly deficit in half by the end of his four-year term. "We cannot simply spend as we please and defer the consequences.".....

Wall Street seemed unimpressed by all the talk. The Dow Jones industrials dropped 251 points for the day.....

PostmodernProphet
02-24-2009, 10:03 AM
promising to cut the yearly deficit in half by the end of his four-year term.

here in West Michigan we call that a Dutch Sale......you double the price, then announce everything is half off.......within four years he intends to cut in half that which he just doubled in 30 days....seems to me he ought to be able to cut it in half within a year, simply by not doubling it again.....