PDA

View Full Version : OMG....this was idiotic

Trigg
02-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Just another way our gov. spends our money for us.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/1154/story/487802.html

Washington sends $1 food stamp checks to 250,000
The Associated Press
OLYMPIA, Wash. The state of Washington sent out $1 checks to the 250,000 food stamp recipients in the state.

The director of the Community Services Division for the Department of Social and Health Services, Leo Ribas, says the checks mailed Feb. 17 trigger an additional $43 million in federal food benefits. They also connect recipients to an energy assistance program.

Ribas says the $1 check is a one-time move to leverage the federal money. He says next year the state will be able to trigger the federal assistance through a routine deposit in food stamp accounts.

Couldn't they have thought of a better way to do this?? What a huge waste of money.

Stamp= .42 x 250,000 = $105,000
IF you add the cost of envelopes and paper this little exercise probably cost the state 200,000......wonderful isn't it.

Yurt
02-23-2009, 06:23 PM
you've got to be kidding me...

whatever happened to states wanting independence from the federal government?

5stringJeff
02-23-2009, 06:47 PM
you've got to be kidding me...

whatever happened to states wanting independence from the federal government?

Democrat governors don't want independence, they want their place at the trough. Unfortunately, so do many GOP governors.

Yurt
02-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Democrat governors don't want independence, they want their place at the trough. Unfortunately, so do many GOP governors.

i agree with you. i think the republican party was not always like that.