PDA

View Full Version : Did the Impeachment proceeding begin last night?

loosecannon
04-01-2007, 12:53 PM
http://the-osterley-times.blogspot.com/2007/04/impeachment-proceedings-have-begun.html

Yeah it may be a false alarm. But it may be true.

The first article of impeachment against President George W. Bush was passed by the House Judiciary Committee in an emergency special session late Saturday. The article appears to have been prompted by new evidence that the FBI had abused its power under the direction of the president, who had blocked further investigations into the matter. Each of the thirty nine members of the committee seemingly voted along party lines on the measure, which passed by a vote of 22-17.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.) has issued a statement on the allegations being brought forth; though a full disclosure on the charges of "high crimes and misdemeanours" against the president will be made available to the public during a Monday press conference scheduled at 11AM EST.

MtnBiker
04-01-2007, 01:06 PM
The Osterley Times

Political commentary from a left wing perspective on current affairs. Either written by myself or articles that I find interesting or provocative enough to post. Covering The Iraq War, The War on Terrorism, George W. Bush, Tony Blair, the Neo-Cons and politics in general.

An April Fools joke?

There are 21 dems and 16 reps in the Judiciary Committee, not 22 and 17 as the article claims.

Lame!

pegwinn
04-01-2007, 02:15 PM
An April Fools joke?

Didn't you expect about a gazillion posts today :laugh2:

stephanie
04-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I think someone is dreaming again...:laugh2:

Birdzeye
04-01-2007, 03:59 PM
At first I didn't believe it. Silly rumor, I thought. Then I went to thomas.gov and did a search of legislation introduced, using the word "impeach."

My browser crashed and I got logged off my computer. Obviously someone doesn't want me to know something.

:laugh2:

(I'm not joking about the browser crash. Thomas.gov did that to me twice and then I got logged off. Go figure.)

Seriously, though, I think it's either a wild rumor or an April Fool prank.

loosecannon
04-01-2007, 05:27 PM
My browser crashed and I got logged off my computer. Obviously someone doesn't want me to know something.

First they came for Scooter Libby and I said nothing because I was not a WH aide.

Then they came for Mr Gonzales and I said nothi.......

Birdzeye
04-01-2007, 05:53 PM
An April Fools joke?

There are 21 dems and 16 reps in the Judiciary Committee, not 22 and 17 as the article claims.

Lame!

Hey, not everybody can be a math whiz!