PDA

View Full Version : Shovel-ready project

Little-Acorn
02-24-2009, 04:35 PM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/mrz022409dAPR20090224040536.jpg

Mr. P
02-24-2009, 04:40 PM
The best thing about that toon is...There is no crowd around.

Yurt
02-24-2009, 04:54 PM
tonight he is going to use fear mongering to convince us that we need government to run our lives, we need government to force us to innovate...

he is killing this country

Mr. P
02-24-2009, 05:03 PM
tonight he is going to use fear mongering to convince us that we need government to run our lives, we need government to force us to innovate...

he is killing this country

The GOOD news is: I think more and more folks are seeing that...That's a good thing considering the short time he's been in office..If things keep going as they have been I predict a 3 yr lame duck.

LiberalNation
02-24-2009, 05:04 PM
he's been in barely a month, and has simply followed in Bush's footsteps. Neither has or will kill this country.

LiberalNation
02-24-2009, 05:04 PM
The GOOD news is I think more and more folks are seeing that...That's a good thing considering the short time he's been in office..If thing keep going as the have been I predict a 3 yr lame duck.

He's done a lot already. i predict two terms of change.

Yurt
02-24-2009, 05:11 PM
The GOOD news is: I think more and more folks are seeing that...That's a good thing considering the short time he's been in office..If things keep going as they have been I predict a 3 yr lame duck.

that woudl be a good thing for this country. his policies are destroying us, if he does nothing the country will be better off.

Mr. P
02-24-2009, 05:19 PM
He's done a lot already. i predict two terms of change.

Yer not very aware are ya Kid? Notice the stock market is at an 11 yr low since the election? That's NOT just Wall Street reaction, that's the people pulling their $$ out. There is ZERO confidence on MAIN Street in this guy doing anything other crashing the Country.

LiberalNation
02-24-2009, 05:29 PM
the economy was going down before he took office, can't expect him to change that over night. He has a friendly congress and will be far from a lame duck. They will vote through most anything he wants. Remember he came from that congress and has quite a number of contacts. He can work the legislature.

Yurt
02-24-2009, 05:51 PM
the economy was going down before he took office, can't expect him to change that over night. He has a friendly congress and will be far from a lame duck. They will vote through most anything he wants. Remember he came from that congress and has quite a number of contacts. He can work the legislature.

the economy has become far worse under his presidency...he owns that

Immanuel
02-24-2009, 06:45 PM
He has a friendly congress and will be far from a lame duck. They will vote through most anything he wants. Remember he came from that congress and has quite a number of contacts. He can work the legislature.

Now there is a terrifying thought.

Immie

Kathianne
02-24-2009, 06:51 PM

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_days_has_Barack_Obama_served_in_the_US_Se nate

Q: How many days has Barack Obama served in the US Senate?
In: Barack Obama [Edit categories]
[Edit]

A: Obama was sworn in as a Senator on January 4, 2005.

You can do the counting yourself, but as of today (August 11, 2008) I count 3 years, 7 months, 7 days. As of today, that makes 1,318 days.
Actually, this is a gross overstatement.
If you consider only the number of work days in the senate from the time of his election until he formed his presidential campaign, Obama served 144 days in the senate. McCain has served just under 2,000.

glockmail
02-24-2009, 07:16 PM
the economy was going down before he took office, can't expect him to change that over night. He has a friendly congress and will be far from a lame duck. They will vote through most anything he wants. Remember he came from that congress and has quite a number of contacts. He can work the legislature. With a friendly Congress he can do anything he wants which is exactly why people are pulling out of the stock market.