PDA

View Full Version : Officials: Most troops out of Iraq in 18 months

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2009, 06:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090224/ap_on_go_pr_wh/iraq_withdrawal

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama plans to remove all U.S. combat troops from Iraq by August 2010, administration officials said Tuesday, ending the war that defined his upstart presidential campaign three months later than he had promised.

The withdrawal plan — an announcement could come as early as this week — calls for leaving a large contingent of troops behind, between 30,000 and 50,000 troops, to advise and train Iraqi security forces and to protect U.S. interests.

Obama built enormous grass-roots support for his White House bid by pledging to withdraw troops 16 months after taking office. That schedule, based on removing roughly one brigade a month, was predicated on commanders determining that it would not endanger U.S. troops left behind or Iraq's fragile security.

Psychoblues
02-25-2009, 01:45 AM
As an old gambler, 2 out of 3 ain't bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The GOP,,,The Party Of Fear And Loathing,,,sad,,,,,,,

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

03-01-2009, 03:20 AM
Honestly, I dont have any problem with withdrawal now. We won. It was clear President Bush was preparing for a withdrawal for the same reason.

However, Am I the only person who is a little disturbed with the announcement of the specific route our troops are going to be taking out? Isnt one the major advantages a military can have is keeping the location of our troops a secret from any potential enemies?

Even if this is a peaceful withdrawal, it still bothersome that the administration has no proble announcing it and the media has no problem publishing it.

Sitarro
03-01-2009, 03:29 AM
Honestly, I dont have any problem with withdrawal now. We won. It was clear President Bush was preparing for a withdrawal for the same reason.

However, Am I the only person who is a little disturbed with the announcement of the specific route our troops are going to be taking out? Isnt one the major advantages a military can have is keeping the location of our troops a secret from any potential enemies?

Even if this is a peaceful withdrawal, it still bothersome that the administration has no proble announcing it and the media has no problem publishing it.

The administration is a bunch of amateurs led by a community organizer voted in office by a bunch of dimwitted dildos, don't expect much from these clowns. Bill Clinton was a genius compared to this egotistical Kenyan faggot.

Silver
03-05-2009, 07:33 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090224/ap_on_go_pr_wh/iraq_withdrawal

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama plans to remove all U.S. combat troops from Iraq by August 2010, administration officials said Tuesday, ending the war that defined his upstart presidential campaign three months later than he had promised.

The withdrawal plan — an announcement could come as early as this week — calls for leaving a large contingent of troops behind, between 30,000 and 50,000 troops, to advise and train Iraqi security forces and to protect U.S. interests.

Obama built enormous grass-roots support for his White House bid by pledging to withdraw troops 16 months after taking office. That schedule, based on removing roughly one brigade a month, was predicated on commanders determining that it would not endanger U.S. troops left behind or Iraq's fragile security.

Not much different that the Bush plan....if Obama needs to take credit for what Bush already agreed to ...Oh well
-------------
Iraq troop withdrawal :

An existing U.S-Iraq agreement, negotiated under President George W. Bush, calls for U.S. combat troops to withdraw from Baghdad and other cities by the end of June, with all American forces out of the country by the end of 2011.
http://www.salon.com/wires/ap/2009/02/26/D96JKO4G2_us_iraq/

The 30-article status-of-forces agreement, known by the acronym, SOFA, acknowledges that the U.S. troop presence in Iraq is temporary and at the request of the sovereign Iraqi government. Article 24 of the SOFA requires U.S. forces to withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than Dec. 31, 2011. U.S. combat forces in Iraq also are required to withdraw from Iraqi cities, villages and localities no later than June 30, 2009
http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=52119

DannyR
03-06-2009, 12:58 AM

Even if this is a peaceful withdrawal, it still bothersome that the administration has no proble announcing it and the media has no problem publishing it.You are presuming that what is announced is what will actually happen. When it comes to our military, I'd never take that as a given. In fact, I think it likely that specific plans would be released that are false just to provide cover for the real plan.

Truth Squad
03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Herr Bush started the Iraq shithole, then left the entire region down the crapper. What a legacy, thousands dead so one man could settle his grudge against another. Herr Bush inflamed Amerikan hatred throughout the world and left office with the support of only the most fanatical of his original followers. Sorta reminds me of Hitler and the bunker. Too bad Herr Bush didn't meet the same fate.

Psychoblues
03-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Just what did we win and where is the prize, a'21?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

As usual, you are full of shit, a'21!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

MtnBiker
03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
2. s

Psychoblues
03-11-2009, 05:52 PM
2. s

Mtnbiker, you forgot to send me the Captain Blueberry decoder ring that you promised!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
04-08-2009, 10:39 PM
The calendar seems to be holding up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
05-06-2009, 09:53 PM
So many questions and so few answers?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! There is more to life than fear and loathing, don't you know?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!