PDA

View Full Version : I like the south

darin
02-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Today while waiting for my kids after school, I had a 15 minute chat with my kids' principal about shooting. He was thrilled I have alaina firing already. He was excited that I get her into Skeet and Trap.

(sigh).

He even offered to loan me a rifle for a hog hunt.

Sitarro
02-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Today while waiting for my kids after school, I had a 15 minute chat with my kids' principal about shooting. He was thrilled I have Alaina firing already. He was excited that I get her into Skeet and Trap.

(sigh).

He even offered to loan me a rifle for a hog hunt.

Isn't it amazing how misjudged the "South" is? The people in general are extremely friendly and will acknowledge you when you walk down the street with a smile and a nod. I find that pretty typical across the South except maybe Mississippi and Alabama......... those two states can go screw themselves, I drive around them.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Where's sycho from?:laugh2::laugh2:

glockmail
02-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Isn't it amazing how misjudged the "South" is? .... Shhhh!!!! Don't let the fucking Yanks know about this place, And especially the fucking Californicators.

DELETE YOUR FUCKING POST NOW!

:laugh2:

Sitarro
02-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Shhhh!!!! Don't let the fucking Yanks know about this place, And especially the fucking Californicators.

It's OK, Californians are programed from birth to think they are the only ones worth a shit on the planet, they wouldn't "lower" their standards by coming south east. I just spent 4 days in rural Northern California and it's pretty nice, the people their are actually decent, the amount of agriculture is astounding........ salt of the earth types. I did see more Obamadipshit stickers on silly little cars than anywhere else though.

Mr. P
02-24-2009, 09:36 PM
It's OK, Californians are programed from birth to think they are the only ones worth a shit on the planet, they wouldn't "lower" their standards by coming south east. I just spent 4 days in rural Northern California and it's pretty nice, the people their are actually decent, the amount of agriculture is astounding........ salt of the earth types. I did see more Obamadipshit stickers on silly little cars than anywhere else though.

I like the rep the south has with the yanks and the California folks...it's like a natural BUG spray, it keeps em away. :thumb:

actsnoblemartin
02-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Shhhh!!!! Don't let the fucking Yanks know about this place, And especially the fucking Californicators.

:laugh:

darin
02-24-2009, 09:45 PM
I happen to ENJOY (southern) Alabama..

:D

Sitarro
02-24-2009, 10:29 PM
I happen to ENJOY (southern) Alabama..

:D

They have a really large Battleship parked there. I guess it has improved, I haven't been there in 30 years.

Psychoblues
02-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Just a month or so ago you were whining about the climate in the south, dimples???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! I LOVE the South!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The GOP,,,The Party Of Fear And Loathing,,,sad,,,,,,,

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

hjmick
02-25-2009, 01:35 AM
They have a really large Battleship parked there. I guess it has improved, I haven't been there in 30 years.

They have one of those parked just outside of Houston as well. At least they used to, I haven't been to San Jacinto except as a drive by in about thirty four years.

Sitarro
02-25-2009, 01:47 AM
They have one of those parked just outside of Houston as well. At least they used to, I haven't been to San Jacinto except as a drive by in about thirty four years.

Yea, the Battleship Texas, 95 years old. It served in WW1 and 2. The Alabama is quite a bit bigger I believe. The powers at be want to move her away from the San Jacinto Battlefield........ purists.:cool:

hjmick
02-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Yea, the Battleship Texas, 95 years old. It served in WW1 and 2. The Alabama is quite a bit bigger I believe. The powers at be want to move her away from the San Jacinto Battlefield........ purists.:cool:

Ah hell, they can't move her! She's been there as far back as I can remember. I went there with my Cub Scout troop way back when. Besides, it's not like there's much else to see there besides that concrete tower. Though I do hear that, in the past thirty plus years, they've added a theatre and such.

Sitarro
02-25-2009, 01:54 AM
Ah hell, they can't move her! She's been there as far back as I can remember. I went there with my Cub Scout troop way back when. Besides, it's not like there's much else to see there besides that concrete tower. Though I do hear that, in the past thirty plus years, they've added a theatre and such.

I haven't been back there in about 12 years when I went aboard. Nice boat though. It's held up to a hell of a lot of hurricanes.

hjmick
02-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Damn, now you have me missing Houston. Might have to schedule a trip to visit good ole Mom...

glockmail
02-25-2009, 08:24 AM
It's OK, Californians are programed from birth to think they are the only ones worth a shit on the planet, they wouldn't "lower" their standards by coming south east. I just spent 4 days in rural Northern California and it's pretty nice, the people their are actually decent, the amount of agriculture is astounding........ salt of the earth types. I did see more Obamadipshit stickers on silly little cars than anywhere else though.I'm sure rural California, like rural NY, is very nice. Too bad we can't split these areas off from the shit parts.

I like the rep the south has with the yanks and the California folks...it's like a natural BUG spray, it keeps em away. :thumb: ...and we do whatever we can to perpetuate that rep. Shit-fire, y'all!

5stringJeff
02-26-2009, 06:14 PM
I love the South. I'll live out West, but I love the South.