PDA

View Full Version : Eastbound & Down

dan
02-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Holy crap, this is my new favorite show on TV. It's about an ex-baseball star who moves back to his hometown in NC and tries to work on becoming a star again. It's quite possibly the darkest comedy show I've ever seen: the star is an open racist, homophobe, cokehead, womanizer, etc. a lot of which he does in front of young kids (he takes a job as a substitute gym teacher).

Will Ferrell produced it and the main dude, Danny McBride, was in Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder, and The Foot Fist Way, so you might recognize him. But do yourself a favor and check it out, as long as you realize that it takes full advantage of being on HBO (lots of nudity, pretty much constant swearing, drugs, violence, etc.). I think I'm making it sound harsher than it is, it's very very funny.

hjmick
02-25-2009, 08:56 PM
This is a funny show. I just have to remember when it's on...

dan
02-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Sunday at 10:30!

hjmick
02-25-2009, 09:10 PM
That explains why I missed it last week, I was watching Secret Diary Of A Call Girl on Showtime. I usually watch the east coast feed of HBO and Showtime shows. Guess I'll have to watch the west coast feed of one of the two.

dan
02-25-2009, 11:04 PM
That explains why I missed it last week, I was watching Secret Diary Of A Call Girl on Showtime. I usually watch the east coast feed of HBO and Showtime shows. Guess I'll have to watch the west coast feed of one of the two.

There's nude broads on Eastbound & Down, you don't have to watch Secret Diary of a Call Girl.:laugh2:

hjmick
02-26-2009, 01:22 AM
There's nude broads on Eastbound & Down, you don't have to watch Secret Diary of a Call Girl.:laugh2:

Yes, but if I schedule it right, I can watch both... double the nudity!

dan
02-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Yes, but if I schedule it right, I can watch both... double the nudity!

I admit I haven't seen Secret Diary, but that main girl in it is HOT!!! Is it worth watching beyond that?

hjmick
02-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I admit I haven't seen Secret Diary, but that main girl in it is HOT!!! Is it worth watching beyond that?

The only reason I started watching it was because I didn't change the channel one night after watching The United States of Tara. That being said, it is an entertaining show.

dan
02-26-2009, 04:28 PM
The only reason I started watching it was because I didn't change the channel one night after watching The United States of Tara. That being said, it is an entertaining show.

UGH... United States of Tara. I watched the first episode just because I have a huge crush on Toni Colette (it's weird, I know, she's not THAT hot, but she looks like an older version of a girl I used to really like. Probably TMI there), but man, I could barely make it through 15 minutes of that. Does it get better?

hjmick
02-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Yeah, it's pretty funny. Besides, my wife likes it.

Psychoblues
03-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Dark comedy is your thing?!?!?!?!????!???!?!?!?

Somehow I knew that!!!!!!!!!!!!

The GOP,,,the party of fear and loathing,,,sad,,,,

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues