PDA

View Full Version : Biden: We Will Embarrass Those Who Misuse Stimulus Funds

red states rule
02-26-2009, 12:11 AM
So will Joe the Human Gaffe Machine embarrass someone other than himself?

But it is nice to see Joe admit the liberal media is indeed in the tank for Obama and the Dems

Biden: We Will Embarrass Those Who Misuse Stimulus Funds
February 25, 2009 9:09 AM

ABC News' Karen Travers reports: President Obama said last night that he put Vice President Biden in charge of the White House’s oversight effort on the implementation of stimulus funds because “nobody messes with Joe.”

The line got a huge laugh from the Members of Congress in the House Chamber, who are familiar with the loquacious Blue Hen from his decades as a senator from Delaware, and made Biden grin and blush in his seat behind the president.

As he kicks off the first oversight session on the stimulus funds, Biden put states on notice this morning that the White House is not going to sit back and do nothing if stimulus funds are misused.

“In some cases we can withdraw the money we can hold them accountable. And in other places we’ll just use the television, the radio and the media to embarrass them for not doing what their’ supposed to do,” Biden said to Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts.

“We got to make sure this is done by the numbers, man, we gotta make sure people know where the money is going,” Biden said on ABC. “This cannot be squandered. We have an opportunity to get the nation back to work and back on its feet and the first piece of that is generating some economic growth here and we have to do it right.”

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/02/biden-we-will-e.html

PostmodernProphet
02-26-2009, 08:06 AM
the first folks he better embarrass is Congress.....obvious abusers.....

red states rule
02-26-2009, 08:06 AM

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Who's next?

Kathianne
02-26-2009, 08:14 AM

LOL! Problem is up and down the line, it's all politicians and like Biden, they don't embarrass.

bullypulpit
02-26-2009, 09:25 AM
I'd rather they be PROSECUTED for misuse of funds. Just like what needs to be done to the war profiteers under the Bush administration.

red states rule
02-26-2009, 09:26 AM
I'd rather they be PROSECUTED for misuse of funds. Just like what needs to be done to the war profiteers under the Bush administration.

Yet liberal tax cheats get a pass, and in some cases, a position in the Obama adminstration

PostmodernProphet
02-26-2009, 11:52 AM
I'd rather they be PROSECUTED for misuse of funds.

not a bad idea....consider for example the $30 million earmarked for harvest mouse habitat in San Fransisco.....let's say that $30 million had been used instead to build a factory in Topeka, KS......then leased at a moderate fee to an employer who could ALMOST afford to open a new plant hiring hundreds of employees.....if the employer didn't make a go of it the taxpayers would still have a $30 million dollar building, if he did, we could sell it to him for $30 million and still have the cash...in the meantime we would have hundreds of new jobs.......now, all we have is lots of harvest mice......

DannyR
02-26-2009, 11:55 AM
If someone gives me a few billion dollars, I'll happily endure being embarrassed for it!

:lame2:

red states rule
02-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Can we address the abuse of federal power, or shall we just gloss over it?