PDA

View Full Version : General Tried To Warn Shrub about Tillman

Psychoblues
04-01-2007, 07:29 PM
These thugs just can not lie in order to advance their own agendas.

Just seven days after Pat Tillman's death, a top general warned there were strong indications that it was friendly fire and President Bush might embarrass himself if he said the NFL star-turned-soldier died in an ambush, according to a memo obtained by The Associated Press.

It was not until a month afterward that the Pentagon told the public and grieving family members the truth — that Tillman was mistakenly killed in Afghanistan by his comrades. ...

In a memo sent to a four-star general a week after Tillman's April 22, 2004, death, then-Maj. Gen. Stanley McChrystal warned that it was "highly possible" the Army Ranger was killed by friendly fire. McChrystal made it clear his warning should be conveyed to the president.

"I felt that it was essential that you received this information as soon as we detected it in order to preclude any unknowing statements by our country's leaders which might cause public embarrassment if the circumstances of Cpl. Tillman's death become public," McChrystal wrote on April 29, 2004, to Gen. John Abizaid, head of Central Command.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070331/ap_on_re_us/tillman_friendly_fire;_ylt=AvzBQ7qo1DtGnRJujRdV6Ze s0NUE

One thing to misunderstand. Quite another to orchestrate a hero's homecoming and advertise it somehow a "success". The NFL probably appreciated all of it. As a tax-paying and otherwise average American I do not.

Gaffer
04-01-2007, 08:03 PM
old propaganda

grunt
04-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Wasn't this already posted? Maybe not the same thread but one dealing with the exact same thing? And didn't psychoblues or someone from his tribe get a beat down? I swear psychoblues, you have got to be a masochist. I mean, you get your ass spanked around here so much and yet you keep coming back for more.

Psychoblues
04-02-2007, 09:32 PM
You, grunt, are completely delusional.

Wasn't this already posted? Maybe not the same thread but one dealing with the exact same thing? And didn't psychoblues or someone from his tribe get a beat down? I swear psychoblues, you have got to be a masochist. I mean, you get your ass spanked around here so much and yet you keep coming back for more.

I would suggest a long conversation with your doctor about the way you are feeling.