PDA

View Full Version : Obama seeks $200 billion for war spending

Yurt
02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Obama seeks $200 billion for war spending

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Barack Obama will ask Congress for more than $200 billion to fund U.S. war efforts for the next year and a half, according to defense officials.

The request will be for $75.5 billion for 2009 to cover the cost of sending more troops to Afghanistan this year and an additional $130 billion for the rest of fiscal 2009, according to the sources.

War spending for 2010 will be part of the president's overall defense funding request, which is expected to be announced Thursday.

The money will be in addition to $534 billion for the U.S. Defense Department's other expenditures, which the president is expected to request from Congress.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/26/war.spending/index.html

i'm sure not a word from dems over this spending....

red states rule
02-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Obama seeks $200 billion for war spending

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Barack Obama will ask Congress for more than $200 billion to fund U.S. war efforts for the next year and a half, according to defense officials.

The request will be for $75.5 billion for 2009 to cover the cost of sending more troops to Afghanistan this year and an additional $130 billion for the rest of fiscal 2009, according to the sources.

War spending for 2010 will be part of the president's overall defense funding request, which is expected to be announced Thursday.

The money will be in addition to $534 billion for the U.S. Defense Department's other expenditures, which the president is expected to request from Congress.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/26/war.spending/index.html

i'm sure not a word from dems over this spending....

This wil not paly well with the appeasers and the kook left base of the Dem party

But why is Obama funding the military when they are part of a plan to revolt against him?

Is the Republican Party fomenting rebellion among the armed forces as a political tactic?

Alan Keyes' rant that soldiers should refuse orders given by President Obama has produced at least one tangible example. World Net Daily reports that Scott Easterling a U.S. soldier on active duty in Iraq has called President Obama an "impostor" in a statement in which he affirmed plans to join as plaintiff in a challenge to Obama's eligibility to be commander in chief.

The statement was publicized by California attorney Orly Taitz who, along with her Defend Our Freedom Foundation, is working on a series of legal cases seeking to uncover Obama's birth records and other documents that would reveal whether he meets the requirements of the U.S. Constitution.

"As an active-duty officer in the United States Army, I have grave concerns about the constitutional eligibility of Barack Hussein Obama to hold the office of president of the United States," wrote Scott Easterling in a "to-whom-it-may-concern" letter.

"Until Mr. Obama releases a 'vault copy' of his original birth certificate for public review, I will consider him neither my Commander in Chief nor my President, but rather, a usurper to the Office – an impostor," his statement said.

WND reported yesterday that U.S. Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., said during a meeting with constituents in Cullman County he has never seen proof the new president was born in Hawaii.

"Well, his father was Kenyan and they said he was born in Hawaii, but I haven't seen any birth certificate," Shelby said. "You have to be born in America to be president."

Recently President Obama’s picture was removed from a base commissary in Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, prompting a challenge by employees as it was allegedly removed after one customer complained noting Obama’s race.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2071-DC-Special-Interests-Examiner~y2009m2d25-Is-the-Republican-Party-fomenting-rebellion-among-the-armed-forces-as-a-political-tactic