PDA

View Full Version : Budget Experts Confirm Shrub Is Mileading Public On War Funding

Psychoblues
04-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Somebody is telling lies here.

“Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made the following statement upon receipt of a Congressional Research Service (CRS) analysis of the Army's ability to finance its operational needs with existing funds well beyond the April 15th date asserted by President Bush.

In a thorough review of Army data and the Defense Department's existing legal authorities, non-partisan budget experts at CRS informed the Congress that the Army could maintain its wartime operations well into July 2007 with funds the Army has already been provided.

This study confirms that the President is once again attempting to mislead the public and create an artificial atmosphere of anxiety. He is using scare tactics to defeat bipartisan legislation that would change course in Iraq. After waiting months for this Administration to send us its funding requests, both houses of Congress worked quickly to pass the emergency supplemental bill for our troops. Congress has acted in good faith and will send the President a conference report for his signature well ahead of the July 2007 date CRS identified. If the President vetoes this bill, he is making the choice to continue down the same failed path in Iraq.

Instead of holding press events to score political points, I call upon the President to tone down his rhetoric, stop the veto threats of a bill he has not yet seen, and sit down with the congressional leadership to discuss how our two co-equal branches of government can get an emergency spending bill passed that funds our troops and makes America more secure."

Maybe it will all come out in the Subcommittees Wash.

Gaffer
04-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Somebody is telling lies here.

“Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid made the following statement upon receipt of a Congressional Research Service (CRS) analysis of the Army's ability to finance its operational needs with existing funds well beyond the April 15th date asserted by President Bush.

In a thorough review of Army data and the Defense Department's existing legal authorities, non-partisan budget experts at CRS informed the Congress that the Army could maintain its wartime operations well into July 2007 with funds the Army has already been provided.

This study confirms that the President is once again attempting to mislead the public and create an artificial atmosphere of anxiety. He is using scare tactics to defeat bipartisan legislation that would change course in Iraq. After waiting months for this Administration to send us its funding requests, both houses of Congress worked quickly to pass the emergency supplemental bill for our troops. Congress has acted in good faith and will send the President a conference report for his signature well ahead of the July 2007 date CRS identified. If the President vetoes this bill, he is making the choice to continue down the same failed path in Iraq.

Instead of holding press events to score political points, I call upon the President to tone down his rhetoric, stop the veto threats of a bill he has not yet seen, and sit down with the congressional leadership to discuss how our two co-equal branches of government can get an emergency spending bill passed that funds our troops and makes America more secure."

Maybe it will all come out in the Subcommittees Wash.

who wrote this?

stephanie
04-01-2007, 08:08 PM
who wrote this?

It's just amazing...
Reid and the Democrats are playing Politics with our military, and then turn around and accuse President Bush of lying........over 2 months difference for the funding running out ...

Democrats are a disgusting bunch...:pee:

5stringJeff
04-01-2007, 11:15 PM
PB, you need to attach a link, please.

grunt
04-01-2007, 11:17 PM
he got it from here: http://www.yubanet.com/artman/publish/article_53926.shtml

Psychoblues
04-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Thanks, grunt. I owe you one.

he got it from here: http://www.yubanet.com/artman/publish/article_53926.shtml

This is NOT where I got it but it will do for now.

manu1959
04-02-2007, 10:04 PM
wtf is mile ad ing?

MtnBiker
04-02-2007, 10:06 PM
This is NOT where I got it but it will do for now.

When will it not do? has now come and gone?

Psychoblues
04-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Front Page News on DP, biker.

When will it not do? has now come and gone?

Are you stirring shit, moderating shit or creating more shit?

MtnBiker
04-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Not stirring anything. A moderator asked you to provide a link, you had better do so.

Psychoblues
04-02-2007, 11:24 PM
A sufficient link was provided by another poster. It did not reflect exactly my sourse but it did reflect the exact article that I referenced.

Not stirring anything. A moderator asked you to provide a link, you had better do so.

You have a problem with me, the article or the premise, biker?

Speak up or shut the fuck up, OK? It is fairly plain that you intend to stir shit.

MtnBiker
04-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Settle down PB, your comment was that the link will do for now. I asked when it will not do, I thought you might actually post the link yourself as was asked by a moderator.

Psychoblues
04-03-2007, 01:26 AM
I never was excited, biker. You threatened me, remember? So, how excited were you?

Settle down PB, your comment was that the link will do for now. I asked when it will not do, I thought you might actually post the link yourself as was asked by a moderator.

Some get it, some don't. I can accept that. Do you agree?