PDA

View Full Version : Idol 2009

Mr. P
02-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Did we see the winner tonight.. the sixteen yr old girl.

Thoughts?

Abbey Marie
02-26-2009, 11:42 PM
I haven't seen any other groups yet, so hard to say. But, she does have a good voice, and they like 'em young on Idol.

That girl with the tattoo'ed arm had a very weak voice. I'm glad she and the headband-wearing freak went bye bye.

Mr. P
02-26-2009, 11:53 PM
I haven't seen any other groups yet, so hard to say. But, she does have a good voice, and they like 'em young on Idol.

That girl with the tattoo'ed arm had a very weak voice. I'm glad she and the headband-wearing freak went bye bye.

I thought she was good but that tat killed it all for me as far as an Idol.
I really don't think young folks understand how repulsive tats are, especially on women.

Yes, they like em young..I do have a problem with that.

Abbey Marie
03-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm so happy that the blind guy made it. I hope he goes really far.
There are a few decent talents in there.

Tat girl sang again- baaadly. Simon even admitted she doesn't sing well, but he likes her, so he brought her back.

Mr. P
03-05-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm so happy that the blind guy made it. I hope he goes really far.
There are a few decent talents in there.

Tat girl sang again- baaadly. Simon even admitted she doesn't sing well, but he likes her, so he brought her back.

I think the blind guy will go far..

The girl with the tats down her arm? Nice voice, I just can't look at her.

Mr. P
03-25-2009, 09:57 PM
So the bottom three on 3/26 will be?????

1. Megan the blond tat girl.

2. Mike the big guy

3. ??????? The blind guy????? maybe??????

Jeff
03-26-2009, 08:19 AM
I haven't watched much this year due to being on the road ( most places I go I can't pick it up on local tv) but from what I have seen I like the 16 year old girl , but I think the freak from California will win, he has the best voice I think , even though he looks like a punk rocker or something, lol

Abbey Marie
03-26-2009, 09:48 AM
So the bottom three on 3/26 will be?????

1. Megan the blond tat girl.

2. Mike the big guy

3. ??????? The blind guy????? maybe??????

Exactly my thoughts on the first two. I don't know who the third will be, but you can bet Ryan will pair that person with one of the first two to create some drama.

Mike was bad, Tat girl was awful. Everyone else was either "ok", or great.

Abbey Marie
03-26-2009, 09:48 AM
I haven't watched much this year due to being on the road ( most places I go I can't pick it up on local tv) but from what I have seen I like the 16 year old girl , but I think the freak from California will win, he has the best voice I think , even though he looks like a punk rocker or something, lol

I think the winner will be either Danny or Adam. Definitely a guy this year.

Mr. P
03-26-2009, 10:18 AM
I think the winner will be either Danny or Adam. Definitely a guy this year.

That's what Randy, Simon and Ryan said on Leno the other night.
They do have an inside angle on things but the 16 yr old rocks most of the time. I donno who the winner will be at this point.

Little-Acorn
03-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Damn, that girl with the red hair CAN sing the phone book.

It will be her or the Elvis lookalike... IF he quits singing whiny songs. Or possibly the blind guy.

P.S. What's that new judge's phone number? Rowrrr....

Mr. P
03-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Damn, that girl with the red hair CAN sing the phone book.

It will be her or the Elvis lookalike... IF he quits singing whiny songs. Or possibly the blind guy.

P.S. What's that new judge's phone number? Rowrrr....

Funny, last night I was thinking I hope she's NOT back next yr..arrogant snot IMO.

-Cp
03-26-2009, 11:18 AM
I think Adam Lambert is head and shoulders WAY above the rest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1bYnoIw2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B74BikFViaY

-Cp
03-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Adam again:
From Ten Commandments the Musical starring Val Kilmer. The song is performed by Adam Lambert as Joshua.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lvwcJUhIa0U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lvwcJUhIa0U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Little-Acorn
03-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Funny, last night I was thinking I hope she's NOT back next yr..arrogant snot IMO.

How can you be a reliable judge and not be arrogant?

Besides, it's nice to have a sane woman judge on the panel for a change.

Mr. P
03-26-2009, 12:24 PM
How can you be a reliable judge and not be arrogant?

Besides, it's nice to have a sane woman judge on the panel for a change.

Sane? Man this is the music business..they're ALL NUT JOBS! :laugh2:

I think Adam Lambert is head and shoulders WAY above the rest:

Adam is one hell of a talent, but do you really wanna FAG as the "American Idol"?

Abbey Marie
03-26-2009, 12:53 PM
You know what's funny about Adam? Last night he tried out a more masculine look, and all it did was make him look like a lesbian, a la k.d. Lang.

Mr. P
03-26-2009, 01:07 PM
You know what's funny about Adam? Last night he tried out a more masculine look, and all it did was make him look like a lesbian, a la k.d. Lang.

I was glad to see the hair change but my very first thought was BULL-DIKE!!!:laugh2:

-Cp
03-26-2009, 01:13 PM
I was glad to see the hair change but my very first thought was BULL-DIKE!!!:laugh2:

Why do you guys keep saying he's gay? I mean.. really?

Regardless - he still has the best voice going this year IMO...

Abbey Marie
03-26-2009, 01:27 PM

Regardless - he still has the best voice going this year IMO...

Well, for the record, I didn't say he was gay. I said he looked like a masculine lesbian last night. :)

-Cp
03-26-2009, 02:02 PM
Well, for the record, I didn't say he was gay. I said he looked like a masculine lesbian last night. :)

My wife and I thought he finally "cleaned-up" and looked more manly... Actually, I think he looked a LOT like Elvis...

He IS one helluva singer, however...

Mr. P
03-26-2009, 09:45 PM

Cuz he is..! You think he's not? Comonnnnn CP. He's as queer as a 3 dollar bill.
Openly too, just do a lil google an catch the pics of him boxin tonsils with other men. Not my "American Idol" no matter how well he sings.

-Cp
03-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Cuz he is..! You think he's not? Comonnnnn CP. He's as queer as a 3 dollar bill.
Openly too, just do a lil google an catch the pics of him boxin tonsils with other men. Not my "American Idol" no matter how well he sings.

Huh.. interesting - if he is, he hides it well - i.e. no lisp or "fag voice"... I've really only seen him sing and he does so very well..

-Cp
03-26-2009, 10:19 PM
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid79.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mjsbigblog/Top 10/adam-top10.flv"></embed>

Jeff
03-27-2009, 09:03 AM
My wife and I thought he finally "cleaned-up" and looked more manly... Actually, I think he looked a LOT like Elvis...

He IS one helluva singer, however...

I agree 100%

I had called him a freak in a earlier post I take it back , he cleaned up great and does have a great voice, as long as he leaves that damn nail polish alone, lol

AS for being gay , maybe , but allot if not most are gay or bi in the entertainment industry

But I still like the young girl with the red hair, but Adam is a better singer

-Cp
03-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Adam is one hell of a talent, but do you really wanna FAG as the "American Idol"?

Why would I care if he's gay or not? How would that affect me and my life? Last I checked, it's a singing contest - not a sexual preference contest - so on the merits of purely singing, he's the best on the show right now - IMO...

Jeff
03-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Dang no talk on who got booted this week? My wife recorded the first show ( the first one I saw in a while) but the tivo recorded another show the night of the eliminations , I guess I will have to look it up

Mr. P
03-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Dang no talk on who got booted this week? My wife recorded the first show ( the first one I saw in a while) but the tivo recorded another show the night of the eliminations , I guess I will have to look it up

It was Mike the oil rig worker guy, Jeff.

Jeff
03-29-2009, 08:34 PM
It was Mike the oil rig worker guy, Jeff.

Dang I liked him, but I knew he wouldn't make it to far

Thanks Mr. P

Jeff
04-01-2009, 02:46 PM
OK so who is going to get booted tonight? Again I have no idea, I sat in Stoney creek VA last night and couldn't get but 1 channel on the tv, and ever time a truck went by I lost it, lol

Mr. P
04-01-2009, 04:08 PM
OK so who is going to get booted tonight? Again I have no idea, I sat in Stoney creek VA last night and couldn't get but 1 channel on the tv, and ever time a truck went by I lost it, lol

Several to choose from...I donno. The blond tat girl with restless arm syndrome has gotta go though.

Little-Acorn
04-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Well, so who got whacked tonight? I missed it.

Mr. P
04-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Well, so who got whacked tonight? I missed it.

The tat Blond.

Little-Acorn
04-01-2009, 11:30 PM
The tat Blond.

Hmmm, that was expected I guess.

Mr. P
04-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Hmmm, that was expected I guess.

I think so..Honestly I love her singing voice...but that tat arm and jerky uncoordinated body just kill me wanting to ever see her preform.

Jeff
04-02-2009, 10:17 AM
I think so..Honestly I love her singing voice...but that tat arm and jerky uncoordinated body just kill me wanting to ever see her preform.

Bingo I agree 100%

Abbey Marie
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Hooray! Froggy voice and her spastic arms- gone.

Jeff
04-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Hooray! Froggy voice and her spastic arms- gone.

LOL, not spastic Abbey just nasty, lol

-Cp
04-03-2009, 12:58 PM
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i79.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/mjsbigblog/Top%209/adam-top9.flv">

I think he ROCKED it... I really can't see any other contestant winning over his talent...

Little-Acorn
04-03-2009, 01:11 PM
One year ago today, I was certain Mandisa would take it.

ON EDIT:

Oops, two years ago.

-Cp
04-03-2009, 01:26 PM
One year ago today, I was certain Mandisa would take it.

ON EDIT:

Oops, two years ago.

Any girl with the word MAN in her name won't ever win it.. :P

-Cp
04-06-2009, 09:14 PM
IT'S official: Adam Lambert is the odds-on favorite to be the next "American Idol."

Oddsmakers from Latin America to London for the first time this week have made the show-stopping crooner such a prohibitive favorite to win this year's "Idol" that a $1 bet on him will pay only 80 cents.

The talent show has seen some heavy favorites in the past but nothing quite like Lambert -- who is running away from the field with seven other performers still in the running.

Lambert has been out of the top spot only once so far in competition -- when he stumbled during country music week -- and briefly gave the betting lead to Danny Gokey.

Read the rest at:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04062009/tv/safe_bet_163098.htm

Jeff
04-07-2009, 07:01 AM
IT'S official: Adam Lambert is the odds-on favorite to be the next "American Idol."

Oddsmakers from Latin America to London for the first time this week have made the show-stopping crooner such a prohibitive favorite to win this year's "Idol" that a $1 bet on him will pay only 80 cents.

The talent show has seen some heavy favorites in the past but nothing quite like Lambert -- who is running away from the field with seven other performers still in the running.

Lambert has been out of the top spot only once so far in competition -- when he stumbled during country music week -- and briefly gave the betting lead to Danny Gokey.

Read the rest at:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04062009/tv/safe_bet_163098.htm

There is no doubt he is the best but look at Chris Doughtry(might be spelled right) I think he was the top his year , but the way people vote determines who is the winner.

Not to sound like a racist but you only have 1 black contestant left , who I may ad stunk the last 2 weeks, I am afraid all the blacks will be voting for her and keep her going till the end.

But with that said I am sure Adam should and will be the winner.

Abbey Marie
04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Even if Adam wins, Danny will sell more records.

-Cp
04-08-2009, 01:37 PM
From last night:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0hEx8quZQE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0hEx8quZQE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. P
04-08-2009, 01:56 PM
From last night:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0hEx8quZQE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0hEx8quZQE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He's still a fag, CP, NOT AN "IDOL". The last fag didn't win even though he was much better than the buffoon that did.

-Cp
04-08-2009, 02:12 PM
He's still a fag, CP, NOT AN "IDOL". The last fag didn't win even though he was much better than the buffoon that did.

Even if you have "proof" of that - what does that have to do w/ his vocal talent?

Little-Acorn
04-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Either the red-haired girl or the Elvis lookalike will win.

My money's on the redhead. (considering my past prediction records, my money's pretty small :D )

Jeff
04-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Either the red-haired girl or the Elvis lookalike will win.

My money's on the redhead. (considering my past prediction records, my money's pretty small :D )

I hope you are right but the Elvis guy is good, I think he is going to take it hands down

Mr. P
04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I hate they paired the judges tonight! I wonna hear from all 4, anyone else?

Mr. P
04-14-2009, 11:12 PM
The first three were the best tonight...the rest..not so good.

Jeff
04-15-2009, 11:32 PM
I hate they paired the judges tonight! I wonna hear from all 4, anyone else?

I agree 100% hell Simon is the one I want to hear, seems like he is the only one that tells the truth, And yes Mr. P the first 3 were the best I thought also

Jeff
04-16-2009, 05:22 PM
OK so who got booted this week??

Mr. P
04-16-2009, 06:08 PM
OK so who got booted this week??

No one..it was going to be Matt but the judges used the one save they had...so 2 go next week.

Little-Acorn
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
In the beginning of this season, I thought they explained that EACH judge had one save he could use. So a maximum of four contestants could be saved in the entire season. So far, one has been saved, so potentially three more still can be.

But now it sounds like all four judges get together and make one decision, and that's it. So now that one guy has been saved, that's the end of the save opportunities - nobody else can be saved this season.

Which is correct, if any?

Jeff
04-16-2009, 06:23 PM
No one..it was going to be Matt but the judges used the one save they had...so 2 go next week.

Wow , so that means next week 2 will go?? And thank you Mr. P

Mr. P
04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
In the beginning of this season, I thought they explained that EACH judge had one save he could use. So a maximum of four contestants could be saved in the entire season. So far, one has been saved, so potentially three more still can be.

But now it sounds like all four judges get together and make one decision, and that's it. So now that one guy has been saved, that's the end of the save opportunities - nobody else can be saved this season.

Which is correct, if any?

The bolded is how I understand it now. I thought the same as you at the beginning but I guess we were both mistaken..I swear they explained it as you did though, 1 judge one save per season 4 total.

No problem, Jeff.

Jeff
04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
The wife was telling me Simon's contract will be up after this year and he is seriously thinking of not renewing it, She said that because of the other show he is doing he is having to fly 4 times a week back and fourth, and supposedly he has stated he will stick with his country.

I for one think if Simon goes American Idol will fall quickly, I love to hear his comments.

-Cp
05-12-2009, 11:52 PM
It's over - Adam totally shredded the other two tonight:

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i398.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://vid398.photobucket.com/albums/pp68/caseycarlson/adam-1mp4ff.flv"></embed>

<object width="512" height="322"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/static.video.yahoo.com/yep/YV_YEP.swf?ver=2.2.40" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="AllowScriptAccess" VALUE="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashVars" value="id=13441558&vid=5058963&lang=en-us&intl=us&thumbUrl=http%3A//l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/videosearch/8859/85428710.jpeg&embed=1" /><embed src="http://d.yimg.com/static.video.yahoo.com/yep/YV_YEP.swf?ver=2.2.40" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="322" allowFullScreen="true" AllowScriptAccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" flashVars="id=13441558&vid=5058963&lang=en-us&intl=us&thumbUrl=http%3A//l.yimg.com/a/p/i/bcst/videosearch/8859/85428710.jpeg&embed=1" ></embed></object>

Jeff
05-13-2009, 07:22 AM
There is no doubt Adam should win, he sings and has the stage presents the same as a ol pro does, but damn I wanted the young red hair gal to win, the duet her and Adam did last week was fantastic.

Abbey Marie
05-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Sure Adam has the best shot- the judges have been busy promoting Adam since day one. It was the same thing when Fantasia was in it.

Now that my guy Danny is out, I hope Chris wins.

Mr. P
05-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Sure Adam has the best shot- the judges have been busy promoting Adam since day one. It was the same thing when Fantasia was in it.

Me too, but Danny had a better chance than Chris does IMO. We'll see next week. The gay guy looks like a ringer.

Abbey Marie
05-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Me too, but Danny had a better chance than Chris does IMO. We'll see next week. The gay guy looks like a ringer.

I agree. Danny had more of an individual style than Chris. I expect Danny will have a career in singing anyway. I would certainly listen to him.

Mr. P
05-14-2009, 01:03 PM
I agree. Danny had more of an individual style than Chris. I expect Danny will have a career in singing anyway. I would certainly listen to him.

Oooooo yeah! I think ALL the top five will be successful!

-Cp
05-14-2009, 01:09 PM

As well they SHOULD be promoting the best singer to ever hit the Idol stage..

AFbombloader
05-14-2009, 03:32 PM
As well they SHOULD be promoting the best singer to ever hit the Idol stage..

Most theatrical, yes. Best range, yes. But I can't stop seeing the guy as the Rocky Horror Picture Show guy! I have liked Chris since day one. He will get my votes, if they mean anything.

Little-Acorn
05-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Sure Adam has the best shot- the judges have been busy promoting Adam since day one.

If the judges hadn't been promoting him, he'd still have the best shot, because he's the best and most versatile singer. Of course, he can still make a poor song choice and shoot himself in the foot, as Mandisa did several times.

That's not to disparage the others, of course. All three of the remaining contestants are just terrific. Actually all four - I was mucho bummed when the red-haired girl got whacked. She was the only one as versatile as Adam.

I'll probably vote for Adam unless he REALLY screws up, because he's my homie. Went to the same high school my eldest son did, possibly at the same time. For all I know, he may live within rock-throwing range of my house.

How old is Adam, anyone know?

Little-Acorn
05-14-2009, 04:49 PM
If the judges hadn't been promoting him, he'd still have the best shot, because he's the best and most versatile singer. Of course, he can still make a poor song choice and shoot himself in the foot, as Mandisa did several times.

That's not to disparage the others, of course. All three of the remaining contestants are just terrific. Actually all four - I was mucho bummed when the red-haired girl got whacked. She was the only one as versatile as Adam.

I'll probably vote for Adam unless he REALLY screws up, because he's my homie. Went to the same high school my eldest son did, possibly at the same time. For all I know, he may live within rock-throwing range of my house.

How old is Adam, anyone know?

Followup: He's 27.

And it turns out that he went to my eldest son's high school, his middle school, and went to the same elementary school my middle son is currently attending. Rock-throwing range indeed. We bought our present house in 1996 or so, so he and we lived in the same neighborhood for at least 4 years. I'll never wash this house again......(swoon)

I believe that after he graduated from high school (before my eldest son started there), he moved to Los Angeles.

Small word, tho. He still qualifies as a homie.

emmett
05-14-2009, 05:17 PM
I thought they were all pretty good. I liked Danny. Chris gets my votes now too unless he falls on his face or a piece of sky falls on him.

Jeff
05-14-2009, 09:29 PM
I have a question, Does it bother anyone but me that this is Called American Idol but ever year we give to Africa? Isn't there people or places in America that could use the money?I don't know maybe it is just me, but that bothers me.

Mr. P
05-14-2009, 09:47 PM
I have a question, Does it bother anyone but me that this is Called American Idol but ever year we give to Africa? Isn't there people or places in America that could use the money?I don't know maybe it is just me, but that bothers me.

Actually, that bugs me all the time, not just IDOL..I mean, we supposedly have SO many poor folks here so WTF are we doing sending $$$$ to other Countries?

I think it's clear, our "poor" are rich by world standards and are really nothing more than political pawns. If that's not the case the $$$ should stay here.

Jeff
05-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Actually, that bugs me all the time, not just IDOL..I mean, we supposedly have SO many poor folks here so WTF are we doing sending $$$$ to other Countries?

I think it's clear, our "poor" are rich by world standards and are really nothing more than political pawns. If that's not the case the $$$ should stay here.

Thank you Mr. P. I started to feel like a racist, but I would of felt the same way no matter where the money was going, they were calling it America gives back, why do we give back to another country?

The hollywood type that wants to move to other countries if there party isn't elected can't even figure out to take care of there own.

That being said the top 5 were all fantastic, except my red hair girl didn't win, lol I love a female voice, and although Adam sings very well and has stage presents that is great, the finger nail polish and make up has to go

-Cp
05-20-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/americanidol/2009/05/20/2009-05-20_adam_lambert_falls_in_american_idol_upset_as_kr is_allen_takes_title.html

Adam Lambert falls in 'American Idol' upset as Kris Allen takes title

Clean-cut country boy Kris Allen knocked glam god Adam Lambert off his pedestal last night, becoming 'American Idol''s eighth title winner.

Jeff
05-20-2009, 11:58 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/americanidol/2009/05/20/2009-05-20_adam_lambert_falls_in_american_idol_upset_as_kr is_allen_takes_title.html

Adam Lambert falls in 'American Idol' upset as Kris Allen takes title

Clean-cut country boy Kris Allen knocked glam god Adam Lambert off his pedestal last night, becoming 'American Idol''s eighth title winner.

I was shocked, still liked the red haired girl, but both Adam and Chris will do great!

emmett
05-21-2009, 02:01 AM
I hate it for the panel who obviously tried to stack the deck for Adam about a zillion times.

Agnapostate
05-21-2009, 02:59 AM

Same deal with me and Allison Iraheta, though I don't think I'd call her my homie. :laugh2: