PDA

View Full Version : Pissing Off the Jews

hjmick
02-26-2009, 10:12 PM
As well as creating more than just a little angst, I imagine. This is what the new Secretary of State is doing, at least among her former constituents. Granted she is merely carrying out the new Presidents agenda, so I do not necessarily lay the blame at her feet. She's just following orders. Though my guess is she does not disagree.

Jewish Leaders Blast Clinton Over Israel Criticism

Zuckerman, Lawmakers, Local Jews Say Secretary Of State Not The Hillary Clinton They Used To Know

Hillary Pressuring Israel To Speed Up Aid To Gaza

NEW YORK (CBS) ― Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton speaks to members and guests of the Asia Society Feb. 13, 2009, in New York City. Secretary Clinton's speech was made ahead of her first official trip to the East Asian countries.

As first lady, Clinton raised eyebrows when she kissed Suha Arafat.

Since she was then seeking a Senate seat the resulting brouhaha caused her to "re-think" her positions.

"I'm a very strong supporter of Israel," Clinton said back in February 2000.

On Thursday, as secretary of state she had yet another about face in the form of angry messages demanding Israel speed up aid to Gaza. Jewish leaders are furious.

"I am very surprised, frankly, at this statement from the United States government and from the secretary of state," said Mortimer Zuckerman, publisher of the New York Daily News and member of the NYC Jewish Community Relations Council.

"I liked her a lot more as a senator from New York," Assemblyman Dov Hikind, D-Brooklyn, said. "Now, I wonder as I used to wonder who the real Hillary Clinton is."

Clinton's decision to hammer Israel comes as the Clintons and President Barack Obama are planning to give the Palestinians $900 million toward the rebuilding of Gaza in the wake of the Israeli offensive that was sparked by Hamas rocket fire...

"I don't believe that we should be in a position at this point to do anything to strengthen Hamas," Zuckerman said. "We surely know what Hamas stands for as I say they are the forward battalions of Iran."

For some, Clinton's change of position is upsetting.

"I feel it's unfortunate that they don't continue the policy of the Bush administration, which was much more pro-Israel," said Akiva Homnick of Jerusalem...

"Hillary had Mrs. Arafat here and she invited Mrs. Arafat for lunch when she was the first lady," added Babak Chafe of Great Neck. "She is pro-Palestinian 100 percent, really. Of course, we always knew it."

"The easy way to make a peace agreement is to pressure Israel because you can't pressure the Arabs," said Solomon Loewi of Monsey, N.Y. ...

The new U.S. envoy to the Middle East, George Mitchell, arrived in Israel on Thursday with a mission to inject new life into peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians.

Source... (http://wcbstv.com/national/hillary.clinton.israel.2.945238.html)

As a side note...

$900,000,000? Really? With all we are facing here at home, couldn't this money be better spent here in the states? Where are the Arab states who claim that the plight of the Palestinians is their plight as well? Let them pony up some cash for rebuilding.

Yurt
02-26-2009, 10:17 PM
good lord, its as if obama wants the fighting to continue...let's see, defend israel, then israel kicks terrorist butt, then give the terrorists money to rebuild...

i'm beginning to believe we should simply end the foreign aid there and nearly everywhere...