PDA

View Full Version : Excellent move obama

Yurt
02-27-2009, 10:25 AM
U.S. to yield marijuana jurisdiction to states
Bob Egelko, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, February 27, 2009

(02-26) 20:00 PST San Francisco -- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is sending strong signals that President Obama - who as a candidate said states should be allowed to make their own rules on medical marijuana - will end raids on pot dispensaries in California.

During one campaign appearance, Obama recalled that his mother had died of cancer and said he saw no difference between doctor-prescribed morphine and marijuana as pain relievers. He told an interviewer in March that it was "entirely appropriate" for a state to legalize the medical use of marijuana "with the same controls as other drugs prescribed by doctors."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/27/MN2016651R.DTL&tsp=1

:clap:

hjmick
02-27-2009, 10:57 AM
This could very well be the first step towards a realistic look at the drug laws and failed war on drugs.

Or...

Obama is hoping we'll all get stoned so we won't be paying attention to what's going on under his watch.

I'll go with the first choice.

Classact
02-27-2009, 11:04 AM
This could very well be the first step towards a realistic look at the drug laws and failed war on drugs.

Or...

Obama is hoping we'll all get stoned so we won't be paying attention to what's going on under his watch.

I'll go with the first choice.This is the cherry on top of the $80 billion CA will get from the stimulus... Make it legal and empty jails so your tax rate doesn't go up to 90% Liberal thinking, yes!

glockmail
02-27-2009, 12:54 PM
So States have rights with respect to doling out drugs, but the feds will still be paying for them?

5stringJeff
02-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Holy crap, a step in the right direction by Obama! Or, at the very least, a glance in the right direction.

emmett
02-28-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm confused...

States already have that right don't they? He's just saying that he will stop raiding groweries???????? Dispensaries???????

Once again what I see is a half step. Decriminalize marijuana and then it is simpler. Look, let's quit acting like fools over this issue. Millions of people smoke marijuana in this country. Some for medical purposes and some for recreation.

Here is a nice simple law that could be written with very few words in it so the folks charged with the responsibility of language in the bill would not get confused:

Smoking marijuana in one's own domicile in legal!

Addendum 1, persons who for the purpose of medical care are confined to a location other than their domicile will be allowed to smoke marijuana in a designated location within that compound.

Addendum 2, All persons will be allowed to transport up to 100 grams of marijuana in their properly registered mode of transportation.

Naysayers will say,"What about the dealing to get the drug?"
ANSWER: Grow it! It could still be illegal to sell it, fine!

Our jails are stuffed full of non violent drug offenders. This is stupid! We parole serious offenders early to make room for more that we don't have room for. Take the marijuana smokers out of the system....... save boodles of money in wasted time prosecution, housing and management (probation) that could be useful resources spent on "real" criminals.

Where is our head with this issue? Alcohol legal, marijuana illegal! That is absolutely stupid! Marijuana is not a drug, it isn't clinically produced, it grows right in the ground. It helps the sick! When are we going to get over this phobia of "Reefer Madness" and admit to ourselves that it is isn't even worth enforcing the laws we have on it?

NOTE: NO........ I do not smoke marijuana! I'm just a realist who is tired of this nanny thinking philosophy that marijuana kills, leads to harder drugs and makes you halucinate, murder and act crazy like Aunt Myrtle would try and get you to believe in the fifties! Let's get real!

While we are at it let's get rid of this classification of pot as a "dangerous drug" on NCIC reports which is used as an excuse for Democrats to promote their agenda of restricting law abiding citizens from getting a gun permit such as is done now!

Immanuel
03-01-2009, 10:31 AM

Or...

I'll go with the first choice.

I'll go with all of above.

Immie

Binky
03-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Personally, as far as I'm concerned, I think it's stupid to apply so much time, effort and money into keeping people from smoking it. The worse thing that will happen while smoking pot is one may get a serious case of the munchies and eat everything in the house. Which, I might add, could result in getting fatter. Other than that, I don't see a problem with it. If, by any stretch of the imagination it happen to "lead" someone down the path to harder drugs, then that person is weak and can't control his/her urges for a bigger and better high.

Pot is the least of Americas troubles. It's way past time to move on and put the energy and money into things far more inportant. If our government had spent as much energy and expense into controlling our borders, we wouldn't have the problem we see today.