PDA

View Full Version : Very few small business owners would face tax increases under president's budget

Jagger
03-01-2009, 01:33 PM
VERY FEW SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS WOULD FACE TAX INCREASES
UNDER PRESIDENT'S BUDGET

Vast Majority Would Benefit from Other Key Proposals

Some critics of the President’s budget charge that his proposals to roll back tax breaks for taxpayers with incomes over $250,000 would harm small businesses. In fact, only 8.9 percent of people with any small business income have incomes of over $250,000 and, thus, would even potentially be affected by these provisions. And that figure substantially overstates the percentage of people with small business income who would actually be affected by these provisions; for example, only 1.9 percent of people with such income currently are in a tax bracket with a rate higher than 28 percent. As a result, the percentage of people with small business income who would be affected by proposals to increase the top two tax rates or limit the value of itemized deductions to 28 percent of deductible expenses would be extremely small.

http://www.cbpp.org/2-28-09tax.htm

Lizabeth
03-01-2009, 01:40 PM
VERY FEW SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS WOULD FACE TAX INCREASES
UNDER PRESIDENT'S BUDGET

Vast Majority Would Benefit from Other Key Proposals

Some critics of the President’s budget charge that his proposals to roll back tax breaks for taxpayers with incomes over $250,000 would harm small businesses. In fact, only 8.9 percent of people with any small business income have incomes of over $250,000 and, thus, would even potentially be affected by these provisions. And that figure substantially overstates the percentage of people with small business income who would actually be affected by these provisions; for example, only 1.9 percent of people with such income currently are in a tax bracket with a rate higher than 28 percent. As a result, the percentage of people with small business income who would be affected by proposals to increase the top two tax rates or limit the value of itemized deductions to 28 percent of deductible expenses would be extremely small.

http://www.cbpp.org/2-28-09tax.htm

You still don't get it ......It is Robbing Peter to Pay Paul!!!!

Roll back taxes for both and cut the size of government and government control!!!!!! That is what stimulates the economy. Not bigger red tape and more regulation.

Jagger
03-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Roll back taxes for both and cut the size of government...

How much should military spending be cut?

Jagger
03-01-2009, 01:46 PM
cut... government control!

What government control do you want us to cut? Please be specific.

April15
03-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Your first post is relevant to the thread about Obama declaring war on investors and businessmen. As a small businessman I don't net those kinds of numbers nor do my competeters and friends. We gross more but just doing business eats up the majority.

Lizabeth
03-01-2009, 02:03 PM
How much should military spending be cut?

What government control do you want us to cut? Please be specific.

Here you go, do away with any department that interferes with education; transportation; health care; labor; commerce; agriculture; mining; housing. I think that is a good start.

As for the military....didn't you see the headlines moments ago? Iraq has said they doubt that they will be able to protect American Drilling platforms due to the falling oil prices when US Troops leave. I believe we should increase military spending - develop some new and better weapons to scare the crap out of the people over there who hate us and our way of life enough to cowardly slaughter innocent people. Let's never forget those lost on September 11th and the reason their lives were cut short and by whom.

Plus didn't Obama just authorize the deployment of 17,000 troops to Iraq?

Personally, I would be fine with wiping the slate clean....completely take over those countries including the "stan" countries and then divvy it up amongst those who helped. What is wrong with conquering? They obviously as a people can't get beyond a dark ages way of thinking and fail to progress in any meaningful way. They would still be peeing, bathing & cooking with the same water if Western Civilizations didn't teach them what we have known for centuries! Think about it - it could wind up being a wonderful resort destination.

P.S.., Lets do something to get rid of OPEC while we are at it.

Jagger
03-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Your first post is relevant to the thread about Obama declaring war on investors and businessmen. As a small businessman I don't net those kinds of numbers nor do my competeters and friends. We gross more but just doing business eats up the majority.

Too bad for you. My small business was very successful. Now I'm rich.

Jagger
03-01-2009, 02:14 PM
do away with any department that interferes with education What departments interfere with education? Please be specific.

Jagger
03-01-2009, 02:16 PM
I believe we should increase military spending You're obviously a tax, borrow and spend liberal, who doesn't really want to cut spending.

Lizabeth
03-01-2009, 02:21 PM
What departments interfere with education? Please be specific.

If I have to explain "what dept interferes with education" then you are much to liberal in your thinking to even carry on a conversation. You see nothing and refuse to even question what is being done to our system.

Always, question authority no matter what side you are on...it keeps them on their toes. Blind faith in the democratic majority is a Big Mistake.

Jagger
03-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I would be fine with...completely take over those countries and then divvy it up amongst those who helped. Our military, under the pathetic command of a conservative, couldn't even control the Taliban in Afghanistan.

April15
03-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Too bad for you. My small business was very successful. Now I'm rich.Actually good for you! I may still get there but even if I don't I like what I do.

Jagger
03-01-2009, 02:26 PM
If I have to explain "what dept interferes with education" then you are much to liberal in your thinking to even carry on a conversation. Since you refuse to point out the interference, I shall assume that you really don't want to cut government spending.

Jagger
03-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Actually good for you! I may still get there but even if I don't I like what I do. I loved what I did, and I was either very lucky or very good at it. I'm inclined to believe I was lucky.

April15
03-01-2009, 04:31 PM
I loved what I did, and I was either very lucky or very good at it. I'm inclined to believe I was lucky.Either way, GOOD for you! Many try but only a few make it. be proud. I know I would.

PostmodernProphet
03-01-2009, 07:05 PM
What departments interfere with education? Please be specific.

????...I suspect you're the only one not assuming she was referring to the Dept of Education......

Jagger
03-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Either way, GOOD for you! Many try but only a few make it. be proud. I know I would.

Riches won't get you into heaven.

Jagger
03-01-2009, 07:11 PM
????...I suspect you're the only one not assuming she was referring to the Dept of Education......

I don't recall any conservative running for office recently on a platform that included abolishing the Department of Education.

Jagger
03-01-2009, 07:18 PM
In 1980, Ronald Reagan promised that, if elected, he would get the Department of Education abolished. That promise was abandoned the day after his election.

http://www.criticallayouts.com/images/rsgallery/original/lol-cartoon-ag1.gif

Jagger
03-01-2009, 07:20 PM
While campaigning for the presidency, Bob Dole said on Sept. 9, 1996, while in Georgia, "We're going to cut out the Department of Education."

He got his ass kicked by Bill Clinton. The electoral vote was 379 to 159.

April15
03-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Riches won't get you into heaven.What is heaven?

Classact
03-01-2009, 08:43 PM
The bigest tax on small business will be the carbon tax that will add costs to every business.

manu1959
03-01-2009, 08:48 PM
i love the logic .... it would not fuck over very many people so lets fuck them over so the rest of the morons that can't make it ..... get taken care of ......

hjmick
03-01-2009, 08:51 PM
i love the logic .... it would not fuck over very many people so lets fuck them over so the rest of the morons that can't make it ..... get taken care of ......

Exactly.

"VERY FEW SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS WOULD FACE TAX INCREASES UNDER PRESIDENT'S BUDGET"

How many of these "very few" would have to close their doors and, more to the point, how many is "very few?"

I suppose it all depends on what your definition of "very" and "few" is.

Classact
03-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Exactly.

"VERY FEW SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS WOULD FACE TAX INCREASES UNDER PRESIDENT'S BUDGET"

How many of these "very few" would have to close their doors and, more to the point, how many is "very few?"

I suppose it all depends on what your definition of "very" and "few" is.If your electricity price doubles and your fuel and heating and cooling doubles I'd say that would impact all businesses.

manu1959
03-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Exactly.

I suppose it all depends on what your definition of "very" and "few" is.

it affects my business and will affect my employees and it will effect my spending habits.....

PostmodernProphet
03-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't recall any conservative running for office recently on a platform that included abolishing the Department of Education.

Jagger, have you ever posted anything responsive?......let's jump straight to the debate.....I propose abolishing the Department of Education......if we took the current budget for education and divided it among the states proportionately, eliminating the money that never leaves Washington DC we would nearly double the money spent by the federal government on education......

now, give me something to justify the existence of the Department of Edumacation......

Jagger
03-01-2009, 10:11 PM
If we took the current budget for education and divided it among the states proportionately, eliminating the money that never leaves Washington DC we would nearly double the money spent by the federal government on education.

Show me the numbers.

April15
03-01-2009, 10:19 PM
If your electricity price doubles and your fuel and heating and cooling doubles I'd say that would impact all businesses.For those who work outside none of those would impact the business. Diesel and the carbon tax may, but as yet I have not seen or heard any real numbers.

April15
03-01-2009, 10:21 PM
it affects my business and will affect my employees and it will effect my spending habits.....What is your business and how would it affect employees and your spending?

manu1959
03-01-2009, 10:48 PM
What is your business and how would it affect employees and your spending?

architecture company ..... all shareholders will give more of their income to the government ...... increased energy costs and taxes will have to either be passed on to customers or eaten .... as for me .... i will simply cut back on spending and what i buy .... some of the domestic help may lose their jobs ......

PostmodernProphet
03-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Show me the numbers.

will it really encourage you to engage in a debate?.......show me some effort before I google....I hate wasting my time......the last time I tried to argue with you, you just cut and pasted the same response three or four times.....

so, just a little effort on your part please....give me some token to show that you believe the DoE has a justified existence......

Classact
03-03-2009, 08:55 AM
For those who work outside none of those would impact the business. Diesel and the carbon tax may, but as yet I have not seen or heard any real numbers.All business relies on customers and customers paying high carbon taxes are the same as customers paying $5 a gallon for gas, they have less to spend. If the economy recovers gas prices will go back up and if carbon tax is legislated then all carbon based fuels products will go up even higher... Imagine last year when gas was near $5 a gallon and your customers found out that their electricity will double because it comes from a coal fired power plant and that auto fuel would increase by another 25-50% because the producers had to pay a carbon tax that they pass on to the customer so they can stay in business... I ask you would that be good for business?

Jagger
03-03-2009, 09:21 AM
will it really encourage you to engage in a debate?.......show me some effort before I google....I hate wasting my time......the last time I tried to argue with you, you just cut and pasted the same response three or four times.....

so, just a little effort on your part please....give me some token to show that you believe the DoE has a justified existence......

I'll take that you mean you don't have any numbers to support your claim that, if we took the current budget for education and divided it among the states proportionately, eliminating the money that never leaves Washington DC we would nearly double the money spent by the federal government on education.

Jagger
03-03-2009, 09:25 AM
architecture company ..... all shareholders will give more of their income to the government Why will the shareholders in your architectural firm give more of their income to the government?

jimnyc
03-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Why will the shareholders in your architectural firm give more of their income to the government?

You ask way too many questions. You should really spend a few weeks on Google before attempting to debate with adults. I could be wrong, but I believe Google even has an area for children.

PostmodernProphet
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
I'll take that you mean you don't have any numbers to support your claim that, if we took the current budget for education and divided it among the states proportionately, eliminating the money that never leaves Washington DC we would nearly double the money spent by the federal government on education.

???....that would be silly.....what you were to take it to mean was that you aren't worth the effort debate requires until you demonstrate a modicum of ability......but I am a patient man, I can wait till you grow some.....

April15
03-03-2009, 04:05 PM
All business relies on customers and customers paying high carbon taxes are the same as customers paying $5 a gallon for gas, they have less to spend. If the economy recovers gas prices will go back up and if carbon tax is legislated then all carbon based fuels products will go up even higher... Imagine last year when gas was near $5 a gallon and your customers found out that their electricity will double because it comes from a coal fired power plant and that auto fuel would increase by another 25-50% because the producers had to pay a carbon tax that they pass on to the customer so they can stay in business... I ask you would that be good for business?I don't believe we have coal fired plants in California. Hydroelectric and natural gas. Now the fuel is a different story. That would suck!

MtnBiker
03-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Too bad for you. My small business was very successful. Now I'm rich.

There is also an 8th continent that is inhabited with giant oompa loompas that eat jelly beans and flatulate gold coins.

PostmodernProphet
03-03-2009, 04:48 PM
There is also an 8th continent that is inhabited with giant oompa loompas that eat jelly beans and flatulate gold coins.

that's why I am successful in business....I export jelly beans......