PDA

View Full Version : a fight for my conservative soul

actsnoblemartin
03-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Whether the libertarian or republican party fits my views.

I really cant decide

Yurt
03-01-2009, 10:56 PM
dude, your soul is neither conservative, libertarian, or liberal. these are words that we confine our beliefs to. that do not make us. they are simply words. you may live your life to a "t" to what people have said those words mean....but that does not define you.

the greatest leaders of this country were not confined by their political party. to some degree they were, sure. overall, they stepped out of that and became a leader of the entire american people. but that is just a president. that is not you, that is not me. and that is not the current president. if their soul resides in the oval office, then so shall their soul reside.

let your soul not reside in a box of either preconfigured designs or your own designs. they say live outside the box, maybe its true. your soul has no shape, no form. it is yours.

manu1959
03-01-2009, 11:17 PM
dude, your soul is neither conservative, libertarian, or liberal. these are words that we confine our beliefs to. that do not make us. they are simply words. you may live your life to a "t" to what people have said those words mean....but that does not define you.

the greatest leaders of this country were not confined by their political party. to some degree they were, sure. overall, they stepped out of that and became a leader of the entire american people. but that is just a president. that is not you, that is not me. and that is not the current president. if their soul resides in the oval office, then so shall their soul reside.

let your soul not reside in a box of either preconfigured designs or your own designs. they say live outside the box, maybe its true. your soul has no shape, no form. it is yours.

yurt....
great post....pity i can not rep it......

acts....
i wouldn't join a party i would vote for whoever you like best....

hjmick
03-01-2009, 11:24 PM
For what it's worth, Martin, I consider myself more of a Libertarian than a Republican. I chose to register in the Republican party because they used to represent more of my beliefs than the Democrats. I remain registered in the party these days primarily for the purpose of, well, primaries. Until a third party becomes truly viable, I see little reason for changing my party affiliation, unless I move to a state with open primaries. I tend to vote all over the board. I vote my conscience. I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Independents, I even voted for a Green party candidate once.

My advice to you: Pick a party you feel best represents your core beliefs, but always, always vote your conscience.

manu1959
03-01-2009, 11:29 PM
For what it's worth, Martin, I consider myself more of a Libertarian than a Republican. I chose to register in the Republican party because they used to represent more of my beliefs than the Democrats. I remain registered in the party these days primarily for the purpose of, well, primaries. Until a third party becomes truly viable, I see little reason for changing my party affiliation, unless I move to a state with open primaries. I tend to vote all over the board. I vote my conscience. I have voted for Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Independents, I even voted for a Green party candidate once.

My advice to you: Pick a party you feel best represents your core beliefs, but always, always vote your conscience.

didn't california just get open primaries..

Yurt
03-01-2009, 11:38 PM

i don't know, that would make things interesting

hjmick
03-01-2009, 11:41 PM

i don't know, that would make things interesting

What Yurt said.

DragonStryk72
03-02-2009, 01:32 AM

Thing is, we need more official LP guys, Mick, so that we show up as an actual percentage of the population.

hjmick
03-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Thing is, we need more official LP guys, Mick, so that we show up as an actual percentage of the population.

You're right, and for what it's worth, it is something my conscience wrestles with two or three times a year. I get closer to changing my registration each time. Perhaps this will be the year.

5stringJeff
03-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Well, sure as hell the GOP establishment doesn't care about small government, so if that's your big issue, then there's only one party that fits the bill.

glockmail
03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Whether the libertarian or republican party fits my views.

I really cant decide Chose the candidate not the party, and don't throw your vote away in the general election on some geek that has no possibility of winning. If you want to vote for the geek, do so in the primary.

DannyR
03-02-2009, 11:52 PM
*lol* Didn't you just "come out" as a democrat?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=21351

You obviously have a career in politics as much as you flip flop on the issue. :laugh2: :salute:

glockmail
03-03-2009, 09:01 AM
*lol* Didn't you just "come out" as a democrat?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=21351

You obviously have a career in politics as much as you flip flop on the issue. :laugh2: :salute: Meet actsnoblemartin, a confused individual. (You know I love you Marty!)

DannyR
03-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Meet actsnoblemartin, a confused individual. (You know I love you Marty!)I've known him longer than you. He's been pondering what party he should be a part of for half a decade now. :salute:

glockmail
03-04-2009, 01:32 PM
He's a luvable kook! :cheers2:

Kathianne
03-04-2009, 05:38 PM
yurt....
great post....pity i can not rep it......

acts....
i wouldn't join a party i would vote for whoever you like best....

I tried to rep him for you and myself, alas....