PDA

View Full Version : AOL Poll: 48% doubt Obamas eligibility due to birth status

crin63
03-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Regardless of what the article says, the poll says 48% of nearly 500,000 doubt his eligibility. Its not scientific or a huge number. I would like to see it go away but until he answers the question it appears that it is going to gain momentum because it looks like he is hiding something.

http://news.aol.com/main/obama-presidency/article/the-birthers-continue-to-hound-obama/363461

Noir
03-02-2009, 10:52 AM
So why are there not riots in the street if, as is suggested, 1 of every 2 folk question his right to be president?

glockmail
03-02-2009, 10:55 AM
So why are there not riots in the street if, as is suggested, 1 of every 2 folk question his right to be president?Only liberals riot, and Obama is their messiah. Conservatives use legal means to get their way. *shrug*

Noir
03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Regardless of what the article says, the poll says 48% of nearly 500,000 doubt his eligibility. Its not scientific or a huge number. I would like to see it go away but until he answers the question it appears that it is going to gain momentum because it looks like he is hiding something.

http://news.aol.com/main/obama-presidency/article/the-birthers-continue-to-hound-obama/363461

Only liberals riot, and Obama is their messiah. Conservatives use legal means to get their way. *shrug*

Sorry, I used the word riot too liberally (no pun intended) I meant like street protests and marches, to show public support for the legal process.

Btw I think I multi-quoted by mistake.

crin63
03-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Sorry, I used the word riot too liberally (no pun intended) I meant like street protests and marches, to show public support for the legal process.

Btw I think I multi-quoted by mistake.

Protests and marches are generally liberal tools as well.

glockmail
03-02-2009, 11:20 AM

Exactly. So all you'll see with this Obama thing is a court challenge, and liberals dismissing it as a bunch of hoey. But this issue won't go away.

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 11:22 AM
I doubt, if it goes all the way to the supreme court, and THEY rule that Obama is eligible to be president, that the conservatives let go of it even then.

glockmail
03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
I doubt, if it goes all the way to the supreme court, and THEY rule that Obama is eligible to be president, that the conservatives let go of it even then.It all depends on how the conservatives in the court vote. If its a 5-4 decision in a court stacked with liberals, then conservatives will never let it go. Especially if one or more of the liberals are Obama appointees.

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 11:43 AM
what if it goes before the USSC as it is presently constituted and the "conservatives" on the bench - Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito - split on the decision?

Noir
03-02-2009, 11:43 AM

They are democratic tools, I find it very odd that only liberals would use them, but it's your voice, may be heard (or not heard) as you please.

Yurt
03-02-2009, 12:16 PM
I doubt, if it goes all the way to the supreme court, and THEY rule that Obama is eligible to be president, that the conservatives let go of it even then.

pray tell....on what evidence would they rule he is eligible...

glockmail
03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
what if it goes before the USSC as it is presently constituted and the "conservatives" on the bench - Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito - split on the decision? Then we will know that there is no political motivation for the decision. Duh.

Nukeman
03-02-2009, 01:13 PM
what if it goes before the USSC as it is presently constituted and the "conservatives" on the bench - Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito - split on the decision?
Here's the issue, either he is or isn't eligible! there is NO GREY AREA. You would not have a split SCOTUS. it would be all or nothing.......

Nukeman
03-02-2009, 01:15 PM
They are democratic tools, I find it very odd that only liberals would use them, but it's your voice, may be heard (or not heard) as you please.

In a nutshell Noir. Conservative are generaly AT WORK and don't have the time to demonstrate. Liberals on the other hand are by and large the VAST majority of welfare recipients so they have a lot of time on their hands and also a vested interest in keeping the entitelments flowing........

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 01:22 PM
pray tell....on what evidence would they rule he is eligible...

I don't know...perhaps documents produced by the Hawaii Secretary of State?

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Here's the issue, either he is or isn't eligible! there is NO GREY AREA. You would not have a split SCOTUS. it would be all or nothing.......

so there is no grey area in the law? why then, do we have countless decisions by USSC that are not unanimous?

Nukeman
03-02-2009, 01:34 PM
so there is no grey area in the law? why then, do we have countless decisions by USSC that are not unanimous?ON THE ISSUE OF ELIGIBLITY............ stick with the thread moron....

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 01:36 PM
ON THE ISSUE OF ELIGIBLITY............ stick with the thread moron....

so you are saying that, if the issue gets to the supreme court, justices will be incapable of having different opinions on the matter?

and I don't recall calling you a moron....maybe you could refrain from that?

Nukeman
03-02-2009, 02:00 PM
so you are saying that, if the issue gets to the supreme court, justices will be incapable of having different opinions on the matter?

and I don't recall calling you a moron....maybe you could refrain from that?It is quite simple he is either eligible or he isn't. the law at the time of his birth is VERY specific

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:03 PM
It is quite simple he is either eligible or he isn't. the law at the time of his birth is VERY specific

the copy of his birth certificate produced by the state of hawaii indicates he was born there. what else is required? I know that I no longer have access to MY birth certificate and the electronic copy that I got from my state of birth was sufficient for the government to determine that I was eligible for a passport. why would Obama's copy be any different?

Yurt
03-02-2009, 02:06 PM
the copy of his birth certificate produced by the state of hawaii indicates he was born there. what else is required? I know that I no longer have access to MY birth certificate and the electronic copy that I got from my state of birth was sufficient for the government to determine that I was eligible for a passport. why would Obama's copy be any different?

in a court of law, that is not the best evidence. as i have told you before, produce the original or a copy thereof. :poke:

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM
in a court of law, that is not the best evidence. as i have told you before, produce the original or a copy thereof.

I don't think you told me any such thing....but what if the "original" no longer exists? MINE no longer exists, or at least my mother is incapable of finding it and is pretty sure it got lost in a move. What evidence to YOU have that any original or copy thereof still exists?:poke::poke::poke::poke:

Nukeman
03-02-2009, 02:11 PM
IF and the key word here is IF he would PRODUCE the legal document then all of this could be resolved. You will note that at the time of his birth Hawaii would issue a certificate for haveing an address in the state but not actually living there at the time. The question is Where is the original certificate of birth from the hospital, and where are the medical records for the birth??

All that needs to happen is he needs to produce those and EVERYTHING goes away, the longer he REFUSES to comply the more interesting it gets.

When the issue of McCain's eligiblity came to light it was answered VERY quickly and legaly. Why can't or should i say wont Obama do the same...

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:13 PM
IF and the key word here is IF he would PRODUCE the legal document then all of this could be resolved. You will note that at the time of his birth Hawaii would issue a certificate for haveing an address in the state but not actually living there at the time. The question is Where is the original certificate of birth from the hospital, and where are the medical records for the birth??

All that needs to happen is he needs to produce those and EVERYTHING goes away, the longer he REFUSES to comply the more interesting it gets.

When the issue of McCain's eligiblity came to light it was answered VERY quickly and legaly. Why can't or should i say wont Obama do the same...

as I said....if you were to ask ME to provide those documents, I would be unable to do so. Would that make ME ineligible to be president?

Yurt
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
as I said....if you were to ask ME to provide those documents, I would be unable to do so. Would that make ME ineligible to be president?

you dishonest prick....obama and the state of hawaii claim the ORIGINAL exists...so your strawman argument is pure meadomuffins and you know it

Noir
03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
In a nutshell Noir. Conservative are generaly AT WORK and don't have the time to demonstrate. Liberals on the other hand are by and large the VAST majority of welfare recipients so they have a lot of time on their hands and also a vested interest in keeping the entitelments flowing........

Seriously? Y'all are 'too busy' to go to the streets on a topic as serious as this?well whatever, but y'all were kicking up stink when some of the cases against Obama were deemed not to be 'in the public interest' a few tens of thousands of protesters in a few of the major cities across the US would show the public interest. You could even stage the protests on a Saturday evening, when most workers would he free to march.

Nukeman
03-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't know

1. Is your father a foriegn national?
2. Was your mother under the age of eligiblity to live outside of the US?
3. Did you attend school in a foriegn country and have your citizenship listed as another country??

If yes to those than maybe you are not eligible. You might have to PROVE you are!!!

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
you dishonest prick....obama and the state of hawaii claim the ORIGINAL exists...so your strawman argument is pure meadomuffins and you know it

I do not recall seeing any claim by either that an ORIGINAL exists...

you mincing fag.

Yurt
03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't think you told me any such thing....but what if the "original" no longer exists? MINE no longer exists, or at least my mother is incapable of finding it and is pretty sure it got lost in a move. What evidence to YOU have that any original or copy thereof still exists?:poke::poke::poke::poke:

what an interesting fact, mfm shares the exact same situation as you...amazing, just amazing coincidence:

RETIREDMAN: I am claiming that MY original was nowhere to be found, and clearly, if Obama once had his ORIGINAL Birth certificate with his papers from high school, it is impossible for the authorities in Hawaii to also be in possession of that same original.... methinks that Obama's was a copy, as was the one MY mother misplaced as well.

RETIREDMAN: I never CLAIMED that his mother lost it...I merely said that would be quite feasible and that I completely understood from personal experience how, when you're moving around a lot, things are easily misplaced. I no longer have MY original birth certificate. My mother lost it... probably during a move.

moderate democrat, you should really seek out this mfm poster, you guys have so much in common you would make really great friends! oh, his name was changed to retireman, seek him out, i think you just found your soul mate.

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I don't know

1. Is your father a foriegn national?
2. Was your mother under the age of eligiblity to live outside of the US?
3. Did you attend school in a foriegn country and have your citizenship listed as another country??

If yes to those than maybe you are not eligible. You might have to PROVE you are!!!

and I suppose that if a court of law were to ask me to do so, I would have to come up with something. my guess is that Obama will do likewise...

but I certainly would not produce diddly squat because a bunch of internet conspiracy theorists demanded it of me, and I doubt that Obama will either.

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
bullshit liar...i've posted it before and you know it. are you claiming the original does not exist? prove it. even the state of hawaii ADMITS they have the original but won't release it because ONLY obama can authorize that...

don't call me a liar about something I am not lying about. I have not seen anything from the state of Hawaii or Obama which states that an ORIGINAL is on file.

And don't you KNOW that, if there IS an original, that Obama will authorize its release the moment that a court orders him to?

and how can I PROVE something does NOT exist???? :lol:

Yurt

you mincing fag.

bullshit liar...i've posted it before and you know it. are you claiming the original does not exist? prove it. even the state of hawaii ADMITS they have the original but won't release it because ONLY obama can authorize that...

Nukeman
and I suppose that if a court of law were to ask me to do so, I would have to come up with something. my guess is that Obama will do likewise...

but I certainly would not produce diddly squat because a bunch of internet conspiracy theorists demanded it of me, and I doubt that Obama will either.
Your right you only have to do that for ANY F***ing job in the US. You know prove you can have it..... ohh wait you don't have to do that if your president do you...??????? because after all we are only "internet bullies" not actual UNITED STATES CITIZENS or anything like that... Huh....

Nukeman
03-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Seriously? Y'all are 'too busy' to go to the streets on a topic as serious as this?well whatever, but y'all were kicking up stink when some of the cases against Obama were deemed not to be 'in the public interest' a few tens of thousands of protesters in a few of the major cities across the US would show the public interest. You could even stage the protests on a Saturday evening, when most workers would he free to march.How about this than Noir. Conservative by and large are much more "conservative" in their views on life so they really dont find the NEED to FORCE their views on others, they get their feathers ruffled when others try to force thier views on them. they don't normaly go for the "in your face" type of attack that the liberals are good at.....:coffee:

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:22 PM
what an interesting fact, mfm shares the exact same situation as you...amazing, just amazing coincidence:

moderate democrat, you should really seek out this mfm poster, you guys have so much in common you would make really great friends! oh, his name was changed to retireman, seek him out, i think you just found your soul mate.

gosh...me and this guy are the only two folks in America whose mothers lost their birth certificates.

When will you give up this obsession with my identity and just talk issues? This is getting really tedious.... it is like you are stalking me or something. Next thing you know, you'll be scouring around Scott County seeing if you can find my place of work!

Yurt
03-02-2009, 02:23 PM

see post 29, your soul mate awaits...

and dumbass, we are talking about a court of law, we know that obama lied about fighting the smears because he won't release his original....obama is a liar and you know it.

now, back to the court of law retiredman's soulmate

Yurt
03-02-2009, 02:23 PM
gosh...me and this guy are the only two folks in America whose mothers lost their birth certificates.

When will you give up this obsession with my identity and just talk issues? This is getting really tedious.... it is like you are stalking me or something. Next thing you know, you'll be scouring around Scott County seeing if you can find my place of work!

where did i mention your identity? oh, i didn't...:slap:

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
see post 29, your soul mate awaits...

and dumbass, we are talking about a court of law, we know that obama lied about fighting the smears because he won't release his original....obama is a liar and you know it.

now, back to the court of law retiredman's soulmate

has a court of law demanded that Obama release his "original" birth certificate?

I missed that.

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:27 PM
where did i mention your identity? oh, i didn't...:slap:

where did you mention the fact that you believe I am this fellow mfm? :lol: how many posts would you like me to produce? will you pay me...say $10 for every one that I find? I could buy a big flat screen tv with the proceeds.

Yurt
03-02-2009, 02:28 PM
has a court of law demanded that Obama release his "original" birth certificate?

I missed that.

you're so silly...no one said that...we are talking about the best evidence and that in court the electronic copy would not suffice....do keep up :poke:

Noir
03-02-2009, 02:29 PM
How about this than Noir. Conservative by and large are much more "conservative" in their views on life so they really dont find the NEED to FORCE their views on others, they get their feathers ruffled when others try to force thier views on them. they don't normaly go for the "in your face" type of attack that the liberals are good at.....:coffee:

Fair enough, but if you or other folk on the site do not believe that Obama can be president and is breaking constitutional law, but don't want to do anything to voice your opinion incase you 'get your feathers ruffled' then you can hardly be surprised that there seems to he no public interest.

Yurt
03-02-2009, 02:30 PM
where did you mention the fact that you believe I am this fellow mfm? :lol: how many posts would you like me to produce? will you pay me...say $10 for every one that I find? I could buy a big flat screen tv with the proceeds.

liar, you said in that particular post i continued to discuss your identity, that is a lie...that is why i asked you to show in that particular post where i mentioned your identity...

you can't so you deflect on other posts and run away from your claim about that one particular post :slap:

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Your right you only have to do that for ANY F***ing job in the US. You know prove you can have it..... ohh wait you don't have to do that if your president do you...??????? because after all we are only "internet bullies" not actual UNITED STATES CITIZENS or anything like that... Huh....

and I have had to prove it for many jobs.... and for my passport...and when I did, I produced the computer generated birth certificate copy that my state of birth provided to me.... it is certified to be accurate.

and again... if a court of law asked Obama to produce his birth certificate, do you honestly doubt that he will refuse to comply?:lol:

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:32 PM
liar, you said in that particular post i continued to discuss your identity, that is a lie...that is why i asked you to show in that particular post where i mentioned your identity...

you can't so you deflect on other posts and run away from your claim about that one particular post :slap:

gosh... you wiggle around your intent as if you were some slimey trial lawyer.... we both know what you were talking about... and to suggest otherswise is disingenuous, and you know it. :poke:

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:34 PM
you're so silly...no one said that...we are talking about the best evidence and that in court the electronic copy would not suffice.

again... don't you think that, if a court of law asked Obama to produce his original birth certificate, he would either comply or produce a copy along with a sworn affadavit that the original was no longer available?:poke:

Yurt
03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
again... don't you think that, if a court of law asked Obama to produce his original birth certificate, he would either comply or produce a copy along with a sworn affadavit that the original was no longer available?:poke:

you're weird...i have said all along that he would be ordered to produce it

if he would produce for court, then he should produce it for the people of this country. but i guess you believe that we the people are worthless and that only a court can get obama to produce the original...how sad and elitist of you and obama.

Yurt
03-02-2009, 02:40 PM
gosh... you wiggle around your intent as if you were some slimey trial lawyer.... we both know what you were talking about... and to suggest otherswise is disingenuous, and you know it. :poke:

translation:

i lied, yurt did not in fact mention my identity as i claimed but i am such a dishonest prick i can't admit it

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:54 PM
translation:

i lied, yurt did not in fact mention my identity as i claimed but i am such a dishonest prick i can't admit it

I don't need anyone with such a terrible grasp of the english language as YOU to be doing any translating of MY words, gayboy....

YOu are obsessed with this idea that I am this fellow mfm and I can show scores of posts from you in thread after thread that discuss that...

you really need to find another hobby... :poke:

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 02:56 PM
you're weird...i have said all along that he would be ordered to produce it

if he would produce for court, then he should produce it for the people of this country. but i guess you believe that we the people are worthless and that only a court can get obama to produce the original...how sad and elitist of you and obama.

and you're gay.

so if you have said all along that he would be ordered to produce it, just sit back and wait for that to happen. If the people who voted for him were unsure as to his citizenship, I am quite sure they would have withheld their votes. I know I would.

Sitarro
03-02-2009, 02:58 PM

you mincing fag.

The original Birth Certificate is what was put into a "lock box" coincidentally, when Barry supposedly went to visit his white grandmother, the person that raised his sorry ass, because she was dying. He didn't bother to bring his wife and kids to say goodbye to their Great Grandmother and he only took out a few minutes of his time to go see her.

He is a low rent skumbag from Kenya that believes in muslim superiority and insults ever former resident of the Oval Office ......... including Clinton.......... throw his fag ass out.

Sitarro
03-02-2009, 03:17 PM
and you're gay.

so if you have said all along that he would be ordered to produce it, just sit back and wait for that to happen. If the people who voted for him were unsure as to his citizenship, I am quite sure they would have withheld their votes. I know I would.

Sure you would have........ what a load of shit.

bullypulpit
03-02-2009, 04:11 PM

Tell ya what...how's about a poll where a strict methodology is adhered to. You know, random samples, telephone polls that use live interviewers and the like?

That "poll" you cite is worthless.

Yurt
03-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Tell ya what...how's about a poll where a strict methodology is adhered to. You know, random samples, telephone polls that use live interviewers and the like?

That "poll" you cite is worthless.

regardless....it is a fact that numerous americans feel this is still an issue because obama is hiding his original birth certificate...he promised to fight every smear, he lied as he is not fighting this "smear"

i await your dead horse, now don't disappoint me

moderate democrat
03-02-2009, 05:26 PM
regardless....it is a fact that numerous americans feel this is still an issue because obama is hiding his original birth certificate...he promised to fight every smear, he lied as he is not fighting this "smear"

i await your dead horse, now don't disappoint me

dead horse? THIS is a dead horse!!!!:lol:

If "numerous americans" like you thought that Obama was actually a cross dressing female transvestite, would you think he should "fight" that "smear" by hauling out his johnson for your inspection?

Yurt
03-02-2009, 06:09 PM
dead horse? THIS is a dead horse!!!!:lol:

If "numerous americans" like you thought that Obama was actually a cross dressing female transvestite, would you think he should "fight" that "smear" by hauling out his johnson for your inspection?

oh look bully....your friend brought it up for you. how cool is that. you don't even have to respond, your dear special friend moderate democrat will respond for you, with, btw, exactly what i predicted.

you may want to counsel him on logic and debating. he makes you look bad bully.

GW in Ohio
03-04-2009, 03:45 PM

Note to right-wingers: Keep clinging to wacko issues like this one. You will guarantee your minority party status for many years to come.