PDA

View Full Version : Hey there sgtdmski...

hjmick
03-03-2009, 10:24 PM
...This place look familiar?

1546 1547 1548

Spent a day there last summer and fell in love with the place. If I could figure out a way to make a living there and get Jimmy Buffett to so a show there once a year, I'd move to Ketchikan in a heartbeat.

manu1959
03-03-2009, 10:26 PM
...This place look familiar?

1546 1547 1548

Spent a day there last summer and fell in love with the place. If I could figure out a way to make a living there and get Jimmy Buffett to so a show there once a year, I'd move to Ketchikan in a heartbeat.

looks like there is work fixing the church......

hjmick
03-03-2009, 10:30 PM
There was indeed, and in the rain even. Alaska is like no place else on earth, manu. If you've never been, go. It was one of the best trips I've ever taken.

manu1959
03-03-2009, 10:34 PM
There was indeed, and in the rain even. Alaska is like no place else on earth, manu. If you've never been, go. It was one of the best trips I've ever taken.

yes i hear that about alaska....my roommate at universtiy was a guide and also worked in a salmon fishery.....he raved over it.....doesn't interest me in the slightest......

next big trip will be to south western france with my wife to vist her "homeland" .......

hjmick
03-05-2009, 08:41 PM
yes i hear that about alaska....my roommate at universtiy was a guide and also worked in a salmon fishery.....he raved over it.....doesn't interest me in the slightest......

next big trip will be to south western france with my wife to vist her "homeland" .......

Oh no, Manu, you must rethink this. You can do both. Besides, SW France can't hold a candle to Alaska.