PDA

View Full Version : Political Party fights

Classact
03-04-2009, 06:55 AM
Lots of news lately about Rush being the leader of the Republican Party and him calling out key Republicans when they don't toe the line. Rush promotes the ideology of conservatism but couldn't win a run for presidency. Liberals say the Republican Party is in disarray listing their losses in 06-08 elections... but

President Obama portrays himself as a centrist but is truly a far left candidate and fits right in with House/Senate Leaders Pelosi/Reid... neither Pelosi/Reid could run for president and get elected because their ideology is out of the mainstream. The far left and the centrists and conservatives are having a little spat in the House and the Senate especially in the areas of DC representation in the House, the Senate approved an amendment killing the DC gun regulations and now the bill is dyeing in the House because the Blue Dogs and centrists agree with the 2nd amendment add on... Also dying in the House is legislation laid out by President Obama on housing, a bill called Cram down that allows sub-prime borrowers in foreclosure to go to bankruptcy court and allow the judge to force the bank to rewrite the contract lowering the price of the original loan. Blue Dogs and centrists are baulking and Obama is furious that Pelosi can't manage the Party to act in unison.

Which party is most dysfunctional?

Classact
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
First trouble in Nancy Pelociland and now in Reidville... according to Fox News the Omnibus pork bill may fail by Friday... several Democrats speaking out about the pork and asking Obama to veto it... also reports of a group of Democratic moderates worried about the stimulus and other out of control spending.

Help them make up their minds here: https://secure2.convio.net/cagw/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=571

bullypulpit
03-04-2009, 10:52 PM
I, for one, have enjoyed watching the tattered and intellectually bankrupt GOP eat its own these last few days. They are rendering themselves ever more irrelevant on a daily basis...soon, perhaps, to go the way of the Whigs. :laugh2:

Sitarro
03-05-2009, 03:05 AM
I, for one, have enjoyed watching the tattered and intellectually bankrupt GOP eat its own these last few days. They are rendering themselves ever more irrelevant on a daily basis...soon, perhaps, to go the way of the Whigs. :laugh2:

What a joke, the Republicans will come back stronger than ever when Osama's tax and spend philosophy hits the public hard as it will. The Cap and Trade bullshit is going to really screw us all by making everything much more expensive in the name of a fraud weather report. A friend of mine found a provision in the the spending bill that will tax all airline employees that fly on their passes. The plan will force employees to pay the tax of the highest cost for the seat they are using for free. Commuting flight crews will be decimated. I told an African friend of mine yesterday and he is very upset. He said he voted for Osama because he was going to tax the rich, not him......... I laughed out loud and told him what a naive child he was to believe a liar trying to get elected that can't even tell the truth about where he was born.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

This shit will continue, the dims can't help themselves. Blaming the Republicans when they aren't in power is going to get more stale each week they continue to do so.

But keep believing in CHANGE bully boy.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

red states rule
03-05-2009, 06:40 AM

So BP, will you call those Dems who refuse to blindly support Obama's tax and spending bills as obstructionists?

Obama and Pelosi do not need a single Republican vote in the House - but with Dems in the Senate now openly saying they may not vote for his budget busting spending, and crippling tax increases - I want to see how Obamabots like you talk about those Dems

Classact
03-05-2009, 06:53 AM
I, for one, have enjoyed watching the tattered and intellectually bankrupt GOP eat its own these last few days. They are rendering themselves ever more irrelevant on a daily basis...soon, perhaps, to go the way of the Whigs. :laugh2:You are watching the wrong news apparently... you see the Whitehouse gives the liberal press red meat to distract from the real news... the real news is in post 1 and 2 above and it will make it to the liberal press sooner or later as you dumbasses continue to drink the served Koolaid. People are calling and writing their congressmen and Senators by the millions complaining about SPENDING! Rush is not news, SPENDING is news and if you buy Rush as news then you are truely a dumbass!

What is your opinion on this article? http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123612545277023901.html

Kathianne
03-05-2009, 06:57 AM
You are watching the wrong news apparently... you see the Whitehouse gives the liberal press red meat to distract from the real news... the real news is in post 1 and 2 above and it will make it to the liberal press sooner or later as you dumbasses continue to drink the served Koolaid. People are calling and writing their congressmen and Senators by the millions complaining about SPENDING! Rush is not news, SPENDING is news and if you buy Rush as news then you are truely a dumbass!

You mean writing about little things like this?

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NzZjMGNjNDJlYzQ3NmExMmZhMjBhYWU2YmM2ZGJkNTg=

Senate Dems Protect PMA Clients [David Freddoso]
Like the House, the Senate has opted to protect the clients of the PMA lobbying firm, whose contributions to Democrats are the subject of a federal investigation. Just over an hour ago, by a vote of 43 to 52, the Senate rejected Sen. Tom Coburn's (R, Okla.) amendment to eliminate the PMA earmarks from the Omnibus bill. Coburn's statement explains the details:

“Instead of draining the swamp, Congress is protecting the polluters. The Senate could have removed 13 earmarks from this bill that are associated with the PMA Group, a K Street lobbying firm under investigation by the Justice Department over whether the firm made illegal campaign contributions to members of Congress who requested earmarks. Yet, the Senate decided to defend business as usual at the earmark favor factory. The American people want change now. They shouldn’t have to wait for further investigations, search warrants and possibly prosecutions to motivate us to restore the public’s trust in Congress."

Arlen Specter (Pa.) and George Voinovich (Ohio) were the only Republican to support PMA. The six Democrats to vote against the PMA earmarks were Evan Bayh (Ind.), Michael Bennett (Colo.), Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), Bill Nelson (Fla.), Blanche Lincoln (Ark.) and Russ Feingold (Wis.).

or this?

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/silence/archives/2009/03/lamar_votes_aga.shtml

Lamar votes against McCain's bill to strip earmarks

Nine Republicans voted with Democrats against Mr. McCain's amendment: Senators Lamar Alexander of Tennessee, Robert Bennett of Utah, Christopher Bond of Missouri, Thad Cochran of Mississippi, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Richard Shelby of Alabama, Olympia Snowe of Maine and Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania. More here. (Via Tennessee Free)

Well, as they say around here, he'll have some 'splaining to do when he gets home.

red states rule
03-05-2009, 06:57 AM
You are watching the wrong news apparently... you see the Whitehouse gives the liberal press red meat to distract from the real news... the real news is in post 1 and 2 above and it will make it to the liberal press sooner or later as you dumbasses continue to drink the served Koolaid. People are calling and writing their congressmen and Senators by the millions complaining about SPENDING! Rush is not news, SPENDING is news and if you buy Rush as news then you are truely a dumbass!

The liesand failures are piling up, and as Obama fiddles, America burns to the ground in a economic heap.

Obama was elected not so much for his beliefs, but so that America could feel good about electing the first black person as President

But Obama seems to be more worried what Rush says about him, then fixing the problems America faces

Classact
03-05-2009, 07:01 AM
The liesand failures are piling up, and as Obama fiddles, America burns to the ground in a economic heap.

Obama was elected not so much for his beliefs, but so that America could feel good about electing the first black person as President

But Obama seems to be more worried what Rush says about him, then fixing the problems America facesObama has the majority of the public convinced he rules from the center but he is soon to be exposed as sharing Nancy Pelosi's view of the world... could Nancy Pelosi be elected president?

red states rule
03-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Obama has the majority of the public convinced he rules from the center but he is soon to be exposed as sharing Nancy Pelosi's view of the world... could Nancy Pelosi be elected president?

With all the loyal campaign staff she would have in the liberal media - like Obama had - anything is possible

She would have the offical network of the DNC - NBC - is her pocket like Obama had, and still has

Classact
03-05-2009, 07:04 AM
With all the loyal campaign staff she would have in the liberal media - like Obama had - anything is possible

She would have the offical network of the DNC - NBC - is her pocket like Obama had, and still hasIf Obama and Biden don't soon get their act together she could be president... that's not nice to think about on any level...

Kathianne
03-05-2009, 07:08 AM
If Obama and Biden don't soon get their act together she could be president... that's not nice to think about on any level...

*shudder* I got to go to school with that awful thought in my head! :eek:

Classact
03-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Did anyone watch Bill O'Reilly last night? He announced the results of his poll.. I think 150,000 voted on the questions Will the Obama recovery plan work? 96% NO 4% yes

Classact
03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
The US Senate just opened for the people's business and the Leader of the Republican asked for unamious concent to offer an amendment to the omnibus spending bill that would allow and fund e-varify in private and government employment and the Leader of the Democratic Party OBJECTED!

Obama, Pelosi and Reid demand the right to protect their illegal wetback Mexican/Central and South American illegal voting block!

5stringJeff
03-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I think the GOP is having the serious conversations it needs to have. Unfortunately for them, they're having them in public. But it gives me a bit of hope for my former party that they are actually debating what a Republican should stand for.