PDA

View Full Version : mcnugget meltdown

actsnoblemartin
03-05-2009, 09:47 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29533731/?GT1=43001

FORT PIERCE, Fla. - She's been called "McNut" by TMZ.com and "loco 4 pollo" by PerezHilton.com.

Now, after becoming an Internet sensation for calling 911 three times to report an emergency after McDonald's had run out of McNuggets, a Fort Pierce woman said Wednesday she is embarrassed by all the media attention.

PostmodernProphet
03-05-2009, 09:52 PM
I have to say, I have listened to this several times and she isn't getting a fair shake......she didn't call 911 to complain that they didn't have mcnuggets, she called because they refused to give her her money back when they didn't have the mcnuggets she had already paid for...it may have been very petty larceny, but it was still larceny......if I were her, I would sue the newoutlets for slander......

Mr. P
03-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I have to say, I have listened to this several times and she isn't getting a fair shake......she didn't call 911 to complain that they didn't have mcnuggets, she called because they refused to give her her money back when they didn't have the mcnuggets she had already paid for...it may have been very petty larceny, but it was still larceny......if I were her, I would sue the newoutlets for slander......

That is exactly what I've concluded as well.

jackass
03-06-2009, 04:56 PM

Are you serious??? She calls 911 because someone gimped her out of 3 bucks?!?!!? If you ask me she isnt getting enough shit!

DannyR
03-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Are you serious??? She calls 911 because someone gimped her out of 3 bucks?!?!!? If you ask me she isnt getting enough shit!So small crimes are ok, as long as you don't take too much eh? So tell me, what is the limit on when you should call the police or not?

jackass
03-06-2009, 05:12 PM
So small crimes are ok, as long as you don't take too much eh? So tell me, what is the limit on when you should call the police or not?

There is no limit on when you should call the LOCAL police. 911 is for EMERGENCIES!! Get it??

hjmick
03-06-2009, 05:17 PM
So small crimes are ok, as long as you don't take too much eh? So tell me, what is the limit on when you should call the police or not?

How about when violence or the threat of violence is involved? And flinging french fries doesn't count. For everything else, call the regular number.

jimnyc
03-06-2009, 05:20 PM
You guys are all forgetting the "munchies syndrome". Any of you bastards ever get stoned and get the munchies? If so, you'd know that it is imperative that one gets their McNuggets in a timely fashion. Of course a true stoner would have just settled for a QP with cheese and been happy, but she might of had a bad batch this week or something.

Kathianne
03-06-2009, 05:24 PM
That is exactly what I've concluded as well.

Yeah, me too. She had a legitimate gripe, but I think she could have called the 'non-emergency' number. It most definitely was theft, petty though it was.

Mr. P
03-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Yeah, me too. She had a legitimate gripe, but I think she could have called the 'non-emergency' number. It most definitely was theft, petty though it was.

I don't disagree that the 'non-emergency' number would have been a better choice...BUT find it while yer at the McDs counter? This stuff happens a lot. Why they made such a big deal of it, I donno.

Kathianne
03-06-2009, 05:43 PM
I don't disagree that the 'non-emergency' number would have been a better choice...BUT find it while yer at the McDs counter? This stuff happens a lot. Why they made such a big deal of it, I donno.

Me either, though 3 911 calls are a bit much. :laugh2: Want to bet McD's pays her something? She has those tapes. ;)

Mr. P
03-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Me either, though 3 911 calls are a bit much. :laugh2: Want to bet McD's pays her something? She has those tapes. ;)

I know they gave her her refund.

15 mins of what will be filed as pain and suffering...worth ummmm 20k maybe? It will be interesting to hear if it gets to that. I hope not but it won't be a surprise.

03-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Are you serious??? She calls 911 because someone gimped her out of 3 bucks?!?!!? If you ask me she isnt getting enough shit!

I saw a man spend a month in jail for $6 he didnt steal from the dollar store. A crimes a crime. I dont think i would have wasted my time with it though.

jackass
03-06-2009, 06:15 PM
I saw a man spend a month in jail for $6 he didnt steal from the dollar store. A crimes a crime. I dont think i would have wasted my time with it though.

I agree, but losing 3 dollars isnt an emergency!

hjmick
03-06-2009, 06:39 PM
You guys are all forgetting the "munchies syndrome". Any of you bastards ever get stoned and get the munchies? If so, you'd know that it is imperative that one gets their McNuggets in a timely fashion. Of course a true stoner would have just settled for a QP with cheese and been happy, but she might of had a bad batch this week or something.

Taco Bell is better munchie food. Or In-N-Out. Better yet, pizza. They deliver.

Jeff
03-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Taco Bell is better munchie food. Or In-N-Out. Better yet, pizza. They deliver.

Pizza is the way to go hands down, if your stoned ya don't want to drive anyway, lol , pizza right to the front door:thumb:

PostmodernProphet
03-07-2009, 08:01 AM
I agree, but losing 3 dollars isnt an emergency!

obviously you've never only had $4 in your pocket to last the week....

jackass
03-07-2009, 05:33 PM
obviously you've never only had $4 in your pocket to last the week....

No never. Obviously you know everything and you arent worried about how your actions can hut others. As long as you get your 4 bucks you will do anything to get it.

Kathianne
03-07-2009, 06:03 PM
No never. Obviously you know everything and you arent worried about how your actions can hut others. As long as you get your 4 bucks you will do anything to get it.

I think you missed his point. That lady may not have wanted what McD's was offering in this case. She wanted McNuggets, but they were out. They refused to refund her money. Actually insisting she take a beef choice, though they'd taken her money minutes earlier for the McNuggets, meaning chicken.

Now, you are claiming that the amount of $$ is too small to make a difference. PMP is saying, look at this as she only had $4 to start out with. McD's is saying no refund. The lady is hungry, but doesn't want what they are NOW offering. Without her money back, she can't go to Arby's and get a chicken sandwich. Get it?

PostmodernProphet
03-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Without her money back, she can't go to Arby's and get a chicken sandwich. Get it?

or across the street to Burger King, since they are often close together....

Kathianne
03-07-2009, 06:09 PM
or across the street to Burger King, since they are often close together....

Or KFC or Brown's or Sonic. LOL!

jackass
03-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I think you missed his point. That lady may not have wanted what McD's was offering in this case. She wanted McNuggets, but they were out. They refused to refund her money. Actually insisting she take a beef choice, though they'd taken her money minutes earlier for the McNuggets, meaning chicken.

Now, you are claiming that the amount of $$ is too small to make a difference. PMP is saying, look at this as she only had $4 to start out with. McD's is saying no refund. The lady is hungry, but doesn't want what they are NOW offering. Without her money back, she can't go to Arby's and get a chicken sandwich. Get it?

Oh I got it alright. It still doesnt give her the right to call and emergency number. What the emergency?? Thats what local police are for.

Mr. P
03-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Oh I got it alright. It still doesnt give her the right to call and emergency number. What the emergency?? Thats what local police are for.

If I call 911 I get the local police.

Kathianne
03-07-2009, 07:07 PM
In my area, metro Chicago I agree. In many 911 and the local police, same difference.

PostmodernProphet
03-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I just looked and there is no phone number in the book for our city police station.....

Kathianne
03-07-2009, 08:53 PM
I just looked and there is no phone number in the book for our city police station.....

Should be on front page.

Around here:

area code + XXX-3050

Doesn't mater what city, only the prefix changes. All are 911.

jackass
03-08-2009, 08:38 PM
What is 911?

9-1-1 is a three-digit telephone number that can be used any time, day or night, for police, fire and/or emergency medical services. 9-1-1 saves valuable time in an emergency. Statistics show it can take over two minutes for a person to locate their telephone directory, and another thirty seconds to locate the appropriate phone number. In times of emergency, those minutes are critical - minutes that can be saved by remembering to dial 9-1-1.

When to call 911

9-1-1 is to be used only in emergencies - when the immediate response of law enforcement, fire services and/or emergency medical services are needed. Some examples of when to call 9-1-1:

· When you see fire and/or smoke

· When you or someone with you is in danger

· When you see a crime in progress or a crime that has just occurred

· When you believe an ambulance is needed because someone is injured or ill

· When someone is trying to gain access to your residence

When someone suspicious is prowling around your house or neighbor's residence

When not to call 911

Some examples of when not to call 9-1-1:

· Requests for weather reports or road conditions

· To report utility problems, such as power outages, phone and water repairs

· To ask for directions and/or road names

· General information requests pertaining to police reports or correctional facilities

· Keys locked in vehicles (unless someone is trapped inside the vehicle)

· Requests for taxi service

· Requests for an ambulance for the purpose of a non-emergency routine transport

· Inquiries involving parade times, Halloween trick or treat times, business closing times during holidays, etc.

Remember - 9-1-1 is to be used for emergencies ONLY. For non-emergencies, consult your telephone directory for the appropriate phone number for the agency you are trying to contact. If you do not have a telephone directory, dial 1-4-1-1 for directory assistance.

-Cp
03-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Who'd EVER pay for McNuggets anyways?

<embed src="http://images.multiply.com/multiply/multv.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="540" height="472" FLASHVARS="first_video_id=zzz262:video:931&base_uri=multiply.com&is_owned=1" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" quality="high"></embed><br />via <a href="http://www.videosift.com/video/Jamie-Oliver-shows-Schoolkids-how-Chicken-Nuggets-are-made" title="Jamie Oliver shows Schoolkids how Chicken Nuggets are made">videosift.com</a>