PDA

View Full Version : my midlife crisis......

manu1959
03-05-2009, 10:11 PM
as some of you know .....

i am about to turn 50.....so time for a porsche and a blonde and other new toys right.....

well my wife went out and bought me a new high end stereo last year.....

a porsche less than a year a go....

now she has gone and lost 30 pounds and looks better than when i met her...

if she comes home with blonde hair and a boob job....

:laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
03-05-2009, 10:13 PM
as some of you know .....

i am about to turn 50.....so time for a porsche and a blonde and other new toys right.....

well my wife went out and bought me a new high end stereo last year.....

a porsche less than a year a go....

now she has gone and lost 30 pounds and looks better than when i met her...

if she comes home with blonde hair and a boob job....

:laugh2:

dang, I had a midlife crisis.....and all I got was this t-shirt....

manu1959
03-05-2009, 10:17 PM
dang, I had a midlife crisis.....and all I got was this t-shirt....

bummer.....

Kathianne
03-05-2009, 10:19 PM
bummer.....

I find myself loving you again, because of the respect you show your wife. Manu, you are a keeper.

manu1959
03-05-2009, 10:20 PM
I find myself loving you again, because of the respect you show your wife. Manu, you are a keeper.

thank you.......every day she makes me a better person.......

Kathianne
03-05-2009, 10:28 PM

I'd bet she'd say the same.

hjmick
03-05-2009, 10:29 PM

I have one of those.

Kathianne
03-05-2009, 10:30 PM
I have one of those.

Many of us wish we did.

hjmick
03-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Many of us wish we did.

It took me one marriage and one "relationship," but the third time was the charm. I cherish every moment.

manu1959
03-05-2009, 10:34 PM
I'd bet she'd say the same.

not so anyone could hear her......

manu1959
03-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I have one of those.

i stole that line from you.......

manu1959
03-05-2009, 10:35 PM
It took me one marriage and one "relationship," but the third time was the charm. I cherish every moment.

ahhhhhhhhh a starter wife......

hjmick
03-05-2009, 10:40 PM
ahhhhhhhhh a starter wife......

I was very young and somewhat foolish. But we did have a beautiful, funny, and very intelligent daughter, so the experience was not all bad.

manu1959
03-05-2009, 10:45 PM
I was very young and somewhat foolish. But we did have a beautiful, funny, and very intelligent daughter, so the experience was not all bad.

oooooooooo parting gifts....cool.....

emmett
03-06-2009, 12:31 AM
I turn 50 in twenty days................tick tock tick tock tick tock ..............

Since I am not married and haven't been in 25 years I don't plan to go through a mid life crisis. My mid life crisis will be to run out and buy my grandson and I new ultra lite trout fishing poles, maybe a new piece of chrome for my motorcycle, oops, can't do that, I already have every piece from out of the catalog on it, let's see...... well...... maybe I'll get the kid and I a new tackle box!!!!! Can't wait for mid life!!!!! I might even splurge and get some new waders........ nah.... I like my old ones.

DannyR
03-06-2009, 12:36 AM
if she comes home with blonde hair and a boob jobMaybe she'll come home WITH a blond with a boob job. ;)

Jeff
03-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Maybe she'll come home WITH a blond with a boob job. ;)

LOL, I keep asking my wife for that ,lol

I had my mid life crisis 8 yrs ago, wound up with a new wife and two more kids,lol my wife is a bit younger than me and she wanted 2 kids so I told her we need to do it quick , we know have 2 boys 10 1/2 months apart, I feel like I need another mid life crisis , lol

darin
02-23-2016, 09:21 AM
I miss Manu

Gunny
02-23-2016, 09:31 AM
I miss Manu

Guess this means YOUR mid life crisis is next, huh? :laugh:

Perianne
02-23-2016, 09:43 AM
I miss Manu

Where did Manu go? Why have so many people with thousands of posts left DP?

Gunny
02-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Where did Manu go? Why have so many people with thousands of posts left DP?

Could be plenty of reasons.

People like Manu left when the message boards became troll-a-thons.

Kathianne
02-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Could be plenty of reasons.

People like Manu left when the message boards became troll-a-thons.

Trolls, endless fighting, echo chamber...

Gunny
02-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Trolls, endless fighting, echo chamber...

Yeah. I can remember when I could argue for days with someone like Missileman without one insult or cross word being thrown.

There are 4 boards (including) Jim's original bard that are carbon copies of DP. And the same players rotate from board to board. One's full of loonies, one's full of the women's auxiliary sewing circle (AKA the shrews), ones a mockery, and the original board is run by an owner who cross advertises to his gambling sites and has the biggest soap opera drama fest of people who probably don't even know who is running for President there is. They're so busy backstabbing each other in all this social media crap I don't even know why they log on to a message board.

For the most part you won't find any of the Missileman's, Manu's or OneDomino's on any of them. They just quit. I did for awhile until I could come back on my own terms.

Perianne
02-23-2016, 11:07 AM
We should tell them all that I am here now. That should make them want to come back. :)

glockmail
02-23-2016, 11:39 AM
Yeah. I can remember when I could argue for days with someone like Missileman without one insult or cross word being thrown.

There are 4 boards (including) Jim's original bard that are carbon copies of DP. And the same players rotate from board to board. One's full of loonies, one's full of the women's auxiliary sewing circle (AKA the shrews), ones a mockery, and the original board is run by an owner who cross advertises to his gambling sites and has the biggest soap opera drama fest of people who probably don't even know who is running for President there is. They're so busy backstabbing each other in all this social media crap I don't even know why they log on to a message board.

For the most part you won't find any of the Missileman's, Manu's or OneDomino's on any of them. They just quit. I did for awhile until I could come back on my own terms.
No board is a carbon copy of any other. I believe that one of these that you are referring to is run by a self-described libertarian, and is a fine example of how libertarianism by itself is a fail. He has a policy of letting troll have their way, posting thread after thread after thread of troll shit. People there change their screen names so often that a casual poster like myself has no clue on who is who. Multiple screen names are also allowed. Multiple "Gabs like" trollers are present. As a result, the place has turned into a huge insult-fest.

I've posted at that board way too much and finally decided I've had enough.

Gunny
02-23-2016, 01:07 PM
No board is a carbon copy of any other. I believe that one of these that you are referring to is run by a self-described libertarian, and is a fine example of how libertarianism by itself is a fail. He has a policy of letting troll have their way, posting thread after thread after thread of troll shit. People there change their screen names so often that a casual poster like myself has no clue on who is who. Multiple screen names are also allowed. Multiple "Gabs like" trollers are present. As a result, the place has turned into a huge insult-fest.

I've posted at that board way too much and finally decided I've had enough.

The formats of the boards until USMB went with a newer version were identical right down to the topic. When Jim sold USMB, the separate little e-cliques went their own ways. So when I say copies, I don't mean identical players in the same game. The game is different on each board as determined by the prevailing clique. One is as you say ... complete chaos. One is a parody of USMB when I was running it created by those who couldn't follow all 3-4 rules we had. One is controlled by a bunch of biddies that all are dying from one week to the next, and have had more relatives die than anyone could possibly have. Just so long as the drama and attention whoring goes on and on and on.

Most of the same players go back and forth depending on their whims, and who they are getting along with at the time.None of it has to do with politics.