PDA

View Full Version : 2009 budget

03-06-2009, 08:09 PM
I hear Pelosi and Reid are fighting about the budget. Pelosi said if the Senate bill is any different from the House bill, it's scratched. If its not passed by Tuesday, they will continue with the same budget from last year which is significantly better than the Earmark bill this year.

I predict, if the budge doesnt pass and they continue with the 2008 spending, the stock market will go back up.

Interesting note, the Republican in the House requesting the most earmarks and spending: Ron Paul.

DannyR
03-06-2009, 11:02 PM
I hear Pelosi and Reid are fighting about the budget.I think you are overly hopeful if you think either side will let this massive spending be tossed because of minor differences. My guess is that if one side is spending money the other isn't, well, just add it in! :eek:

sgtdmski
03-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Well, the Budget is on hold for another week, it seems that not even all the Democrats can agree with it, and 2 have jumped ship and joined with Senate Republicans, and it also seems that 2 others are thinking of doing the same.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week.

dmk

5stringJeff
03-07-2009, 01:13 PM
The $410B is the appropriations bill for FY09 for all appropriations except Defense, Military Construction, and Veterans Affairs. Frankly, I hope they hold them all to FY08 spending levels.

5stringJeff
03-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Interesting note, the Republican in the House requesting the most earmarks and spending: Ron Paul.

Not quite. There were eight GOP congressmen that requested more money in solo earmarks, and several more that requested a larger quantity of solo earmarks. Source: Taxpayers for Common Sense (http://www.taxpayer.net/search_by_category.php?action=view&proj_id=1961&category=Earmarks&type=Project), "Version 3" spreadsheet.

Still, the fact that Ron Paul is earmarking makes his stock fall a few points, in my eyes.