PDA

View Full Version : Reading Isn't The Same As Video

Kathianne
03-08-2009, 04:40 AM
I read about 'tepid response', but hadn't seen the video.

March 7th, 2009 4:01 am
A tale of two Presidents, Or, Semper Fi vs. a “tepid response”
Support Pajamas Media; Visit Our Advertisers

Here we have an illuminating contrast: the United States Marines greeting President George W. Bush on Labor Day versus the Marines greeting President Obama at Camp Lejeune last week. Wild enthusiasm for “our Commander in Chief” vs. a restrained and skeptical politeness, what a newscaster described as the “mostly you would have to say tepid response.” What should we make of that?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIHz5tevLAw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIHz5tevLAw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Binky
03-08-2009, 09:20 AM
I read about 'tepid response', but hadn't seen the video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIHz5tevLAw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xIHz5tevLAw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Maybe they don't think we should be pulling out. That could account for the non existant greeting they gave him.

Kathianne
03-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Maybe they don't think we should be pulling out. That could account for the non existant greeting they gave him.

I think it more likely they fear that like under Clinton, there will be more for the military to do, but no money to do it with. Ask any school principal or police management person what 'unfunded/underfunded mandates' do to morale.

They don't trust him, so far for good cause.

DannyR
03-08-2009, 09:45 AM
*lol* They were just happy Bush was leaving office finally.

Seriously, this is a rather lame attack on Obama. I've seen several Bush entrances where the soldiers stood at attention and didn't react. Its all about the protocol of the address and what the attendees was told was appropriate.

Classact
03-08-2009, 10:08 AM

Seriously, this is a rather lame attack on Obama. I've seen several Bush entrances where the soldiers stood at attention and didn't react. Its all about the protocol of the address and what the attendees was told was appropriate.As a retired military I would say Bush was the best Commander in Chief's of my lifetime, maybe not the best President but best Comander in Chief! Obama sees the military and foreign policy as a distraction to his social agenda and it shows in the face of the military in their support.

DannyR
03-08-2009, 12:34 PM
As a retired military I would say Bush was the best Commander in Chief's of my lifetime, maybe not the best President but best Comander in Chief! Obama sees the military and foreign policy as a distraction to his social agenda and it shows in the face of the military in their support.Did you serve while Reagan was in office? I can see the comparison as valid if you didn't, but pretty much everyone I know who served under Reagan thinks he was the best CINC since WW2 days.

Bush Sr. was disliked by the military because he ordered a huge downsizing. Appropriate I think for the day, but still made him disliked. Clinton wasn't a military man, and likewise was disliked as a result.

Yeah, I see Obama treating the military much as Carter did. Reading Colin Powell's book, I found it interesting that Carter asked his military advisers not to wear uniforms at the White House, but Reagan expected them to do so.

As for Bush being the best, thats really rather sad statement on what you've served under. Bush treated the military rather poorly in my opinion... with the armor issues, stop loss, sending troops into war without proper numbers, etc. He fixed most of these issues eventually, but it took almost 6 years to do it.

Silver
03-08-2009, 02:28 PM

Seriously, this is a rather lame attack on Obama. I've seen several Bush entrances where the soldiers stood at attention and didn't react. Its all about the protocol of the address and what the attendees was told was appropriate.

Spin it any way you need to Sport....if thats what you see when you stick you head up your rectum, thats what you see....