PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I Was Worried About All Those Czars!

Kathianne
03-08-2009, 05:24 AM
Now I know I had nothing to fret, the administration is sending them to Detroit for a day, so they can learn all about the auto industry. They already spend the last two weeks doing their homework. Time for a field trip. Don't you feel better? We're in 'good hands.' :rolleyes:

http://www.businessinsider.com/henry-blodget-obama-car-czars-to-visit-detroit-to-learn-about-industry-2009-3

Obama Car Czars To Visit Detroit To Learn About Industry
Henry Blodget|Mar. 6, 2009, 7:25 AM|17
Tags: Economy, Barack Obama, People
Well, thank heavens. We'd hate to have the men charged with saving our auto industry not be well prepared.

Bloomberg: President Barack Obama’s chief auto advisers, Ronald Bloom and Steven Rattner, plan a one-day trip to Detroit next week to meet with executives at General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC, people familiar with the matter said.

U.S. Treasury officials Rattner and Bloom, advisers to Obama’s auto task force and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, plan to see some of the vehicles and technology under development, said the people, who asked not to be named because the meetings are private.

The trip follows two weeks of meetings with auto executives, suppliers, analysts and others as they review the two carmakers’ plans to keep $17.4 billion in loans and borrow as much as $21.6 billion more to survive. GM and Chrysler executives met with the committee last week in Washington to discuss progress.

Will they take some test-drives?

03-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah i feel like we are in great hands. It makes perfect sense to be doing ones homework on the job. I mean after all, why should we have expected the "Car czar" to actually know anything about the industry before he was put in the job?

manu1959
03-08-2009, 12:41 PM
us auto industry = 8 track tapes