PDA

View Full Version : ghosts/passed persons

Yurt
03-08-2009, 07:15 PM
ok....interesting weekend. apparently some of my family members, whom i have not seen in quite some time, believe in ghosts. the ghosts happen to be my grandfather and my grandmother.

sighting - one time each. one sighting was a friend of family staying over night (now relative of that part of the family) who saw someone and the description was my grandfather, despite grandpa being dead a few years before this friend knew that family. other sighting, family member, direct relative of grandma, saw grandma.

place - same house

only 1 family (friend now in that family) in somewhat large family to "experience" this.

does casper exist? any stories?

DannyR
03-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Never seen a ghost. And if they do exist, I don't think they are lost souls or spirits.

However there are enough sightings and such that I don't discredit them entirely. So what might these sightings be? My guess, if such sightings are real (and I have my doubts) is they are actually "recordings" of a person at a particular time an place. The brain after all is a bio-electrical machine, and electricity produces recordable evidence via magnetism. So its not totally unreasonable that perhaps some strong emotion might leave an imprint that could be seen later. Basically a natural form of video camera, and as much evidence of a restless spirit as any normal photograph.

PostmodernProphet
03-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I agree that there may be scientific phenomena involved that has nothing to do with the presence of a person's soul....I also believe in the existence of angels, of both the faithful and fallen variety, who may be involved in some instances.....

LiberalNation
03-09-2009, 12:42 AM
I’ve been known to believe in the supernatural the night after watching particularly scary horror flicks. The 6th sense was the latest last night.

Psychoblues
03-10-2009, 06:11 AM
I feel , hear and see the ghosts of former employers and relationships all the time. What's the problem??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

crin63
03-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I've seen things particularly as a child that I could not explain except by some type of spirit being moving things around. The memories are as fresh in my mind today as then. I was terrified at what I saw.

My personal belief is that they are demons who want to scare people for kicks, be worshiped through people talking to them and all the other crazy things people do when they think their loved one is a ghost among them, and distract people from the things of God.

Trigg
03-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Hubby swears his grandparents old house is haunted. One of his cousins now lives in the house and she swears the same thing.

They agree that the creepy vibe comes from the room that leads into the attic.

Anyone watch Ghost Hunters??????

crin63
03-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Hubby swears his grandparents old house is haunted. One of his cousins now lives in the house and she swears the same thing.

They agree that the creepy vibe comes from the room that leads into the attic.

Anyone watch Ghost Hunters??????

Me and my wife watch GH, GHI and ghost adventures. My brother is a ghost hunter in Louisiana and Texas. He has some very interesting footage.

03-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Me personally? I havent had such exeperiences. But there have been people in my family who did.

For example, when my great aunts were close to dying they kept seeing dead people. One told my grandmother, that her brother (my grandfather), had stopped by to see her with her new girlfriend.

I think people close to death see them more often then most of the rest of the population just because they are getting close to the edge of the veil that separates us.

My dad has seen dead people.

Im sure Ill see them someday. But that wouldnt surprise me too much. They havent really gone anywhere.

Yurt
03-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Me personally? I havent had such exeperiences. But there have been people in my family who did.

For example, when my great aunts were close to dying they kept seeing dead people. One told my grandmother, that her brother (my grandfather), had stopped by to see her with her new girlfriend.

I think people close to death see them more often then most of the rest of the population just because they are getting close to the edge of the veil that separates us.

My dad has seen dead people.

Im sure Ill see them someday. But that wouldnt surprise me too much. They havent really gone anywhere.

according to the bible, dead people are sleeping.....

03-10-2009, 06:59 PM
according to the bible, dead people are sleeping.....

Eh it's open to interpretations from what I can see. Does it mean their spirit is sleeping too or just the body? The Parable of Lazarus and the Rich man didnt really show them sleeping much.

Quite frankly, I dont know much about the life beyond. Ive never really been majorly concerned about it. I think this life is what's more important. Its good to have an idea of where we are heading but we can sit around dreaming of the future or live now. Maybe ill be more curious someday.

Trigg
03-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Me and my wife watch GH, GHI and ghost adventures. My brother is a ghost hunter in Louisiana and Texas. He has some very interesting footage.

COOL!!!

Some of the footage they get is amazing. My 10 year old LOVES that show.