PDA

View Full Version : Obama in charge....

PostmodernProphet
03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
okay, bear with me now.....it's been a couple of months since inauguration.....what have we seen.....

we've had a state of the union address from Obama...a couple of speeches....a vacation....

we've had Reid and Pelosi preparing a stimulus package and a budget....we've had cabinet level folks tossing around proposals about bailouts for various industries.....we've had announcements that sooner or later we are going to close Gitmo, sooner or later we are going to get soldiers out of Iraq, sooner or later we are going to have health care, sooner or later everything.....

has Obama actually DONE anything yet?........

glockmail
03-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Yes, he's added more to the national debt than all the other presidents before him combined.

Jagger
03-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Summary of Obama Tax Cuts for Business

* $15 billion: Allowing companies to use current losses to offset profits made in the previous five years, instead of two, making them eligible for tax refunds.
* $13 billion: to extend tax credits for renewable energy production (until 2014).
* $11 billion: Government contractors: Repeal a law that takes effect in 2012, requiring government agencies to withhold three percent of payments to contractors to help ensure they pay their tax bills. Repealing the law would cost $11 billion over 10 years, in part because the government could not earn interest by holding the money throughout the year.
* $7 billion: Repeal bank credit: Repeal a Treasury provision that allowed firms that buy money-losing banks to use more of the losses as tax credits to offset the profits of the merged banks for tax purposes. The change would increase taxes on the merged banks by $7 billion over 10 years.
* $5 billion: Bonus depreciation which extends a provision allowing businesses buying equipment such as computers to speed up its depreciation through 2009.

03-11-2009, 03:28 PM
A couple of executive orders. that's about it. Come to think of it, the orders I know he did all centered around destroying unborn children.

Glad to know his priorities are to destroy the next generation.

PostmodernProphet
03-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Yes, he's added more to the national debt than all the other presidents before him combined.

but Reid and Pelosi did all the work on that....Obama simply signed off on it.....

glockmail
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
but Reid and Pelosi did all the work on that....Obama simply signed off on it..... But he owns it now, the poor fool.

PostmodernProphet
03-11-2009, 04:10 PM
I'll agree he gets the blame for it....I just think he's spending his time deciding what color the carpeting should be in the oval office while everyone else fucks things up......all he does is pick one of his campaign promises and announce "I am putting someone in charge of figuring out how to do this someday".......