PDA

View Full Version : South African men are 'raping women to cure them of being lesbians'

-Cp
03-13-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1161693/South-African-men-raping-women-cure-lesbians.html

I'm sure THIS will make those lesbo's want men:

Lesbians living in South Africa are being raped by men who believe it will 'cure' them of their sexual orientation, a report has revealed.

Women are reporting a rising tide of brutal homophobic attacks and murders and the widespread use of 'corrective' rape as a form of punishment.

The report, commissioned by international NGO ActionAid, called for South Africa's criminal justice system to recognise the rapes as hate crimes as police are reportedly failing to take action over the spiralling violence.

DannyR
03-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Eudy Simelane died after being gang-raped, beaten and stabbed 25 times:eek: wow, if thats the cure, I'd hate to see the disease.

Noir
03-13-2009, 12:01 PM
:eek: wow, if thats the cure, I'd hate to see the disease.

Indeed, it seems the real disease are these raping and murdering scum. But I'm sure they can justify it to themselves if the are doing it in the name of some god or other.

Nukeman
03-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Indeed, it seems the real disease are these raping and murdering scum. But I'm sure they can justify it to themselves if the are doing it in the name of some god or other.
Yaa thats got to be it, it must be religous:cuckoo:

Only religious nuts do things to harm others.:poke: These are a bunch of UNEDUCATED idiots that still believe that if they have sex with virgins it will cure their AIDS.

This has NOTHING to do with religion and to state otherwise is foolish....

Noir
03-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Yaa thats got to be it, it must be religous:cuckoo:

Only religious nuts do things to harm others.:poke: These are a bunch of UNEDUCATED idiots that still believe that if they have sex with virgins it will cure their AIDS.

This has NOTHING to do with religion and to state otherwise is foolish....

I wonder where they get such ideas from?
Why would someone who has no religious motives care is someone e was homosexual or not?
I haven't heard of the virgins get rid of aids claim yet, but it's hardly surprising, considering the catholic church spread word that condoms help sprees aids...because the catholic church believes that birth control acts against god =/

So I am being a fool for implyng religious motives? Would you care to cite any reason other than religion? Cus I do t see why some guy would randomly decided to rape a lesbian.

-Cp
03-13-2009, 01:18 PM
hmm.. does this mean if I go around telling women that I'm gay that they'll rape me? hmmmmmm.. that could be fun...:P

Yurt
03-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Why would someone who has no religious motives care is someone e was homosexual or not?
I haven't heard of the virgins get rid of aids claim yet, but it's hardly surprising, considering the catholic church spread word that condoms help sprees aids...because the catholic church believes that birth control acts against god =/

So I am being a fool for implyng religious motives? Would you care to cite any reason other than religion? Cus I do t see why some guy would randomly decided to rape a lesbian.

the nazis hated homosexuals. you assume, incorrectly, that only people who believe in a god or religion are opposed to homosexuality.

Abbey Marie
03-13-2009, 03:05 PM

There's always that tired excuse of homophobia, for one.

03-13-2009, 05:46 PM
well... that's barbaric. Maybe if they acted like men the women would actually respect them and who knows.

Why should women act like women when men dont act like men?

hjmick
03-13-2009, 06:17 PM

Your obvious distaste for religion blinds you. Christ, I'm an Agnostic with borderline Atheist leanings and I'm more tolerant than you. Here, I did your homework for you:

Child-rape epidemic in South Africa: Fueled by widespread belief that sex with virgin cures AIDS (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25806)

And this one is even from the BBC:

Staging sex myths to save Zimbabwe's girls (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6076758.stm)

So I am being a fool for implyng religious motives?

Yes, yes you are.

Would you care to cite any reason other than religion? Cus I do t see why some guy would randomly decided to rape a lesbian.

Here's one, and it should explain everything:

Rape is an act of violence. Rape is about power, not sex. A rapist uses force or violence, or the threat of it, to take control over another human being. Rape is a criminal act. Men rape women to exert control and confirm their power, they want to humiliate and degrade, and in some cases they want to inflict pain. The biggest difference between men who rape and men who don’t rape is in their attitudes toward women. Those who commit rape believe that they have a right of sexual access to women whenever they please. They view women with contempt and deep hostility. Women are seen as manipulative and needing to be “put in their place.”