PDA

View Full Version : An instructor for a hunter safety course orders Obama voters to get out of his class.

-Cp
03-13-2009, 03:37 PM
LOL! I love it!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090307_16_A1_Thirte498540

Thirteen-year-old Lane Dunkley just wanted to go hunting with his grandfather.

What he got was a lecture on politics.

Dunkley and his father, Daniel Reddy, who live in Tulsa, went to Broken Arrow on Tuesday night for a hunter safety course normally required to get an Oklahoma hunting license.

The class was a reward of sorts. Dunkley, who wants to go hunting with his grandfather, was told he could take the class only if he brought up his grades.

So he did — to a B-plus average.

But when father and son arrived at the lesson, the volunteer instructor, Kell Wolf, asked if any of the students voted for President Barack Obama.

Reddy, a transplanted Californian — and former Marine — raised his hand.

According to Reddy and others in the room, Wolf called Obama "the next thing to the Antichrist" and ordered Reddy and Dunkley from the room. When Reddy refused, Wolf said he would not teach "liberals" and would cancel the course if Reddy didn't leave.

So Reddy and Dunkley left, as did a few others.

Lance Meek, hunter education coordinator for the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, said Wolf had been a volunteer instructor for "a long time, probably 15 years or more" and "from what we've heard and observed, had always done a great job. He worked with the kids really well."

But when Meek received a call Wednesday morning — from someone other than the Reddys — he said he had no choice.

"I got the call at 8:30, and by 9 o'clock (Wolf) was no longer a volunteer for us."

Noir
03-13-2009, 04:25 PM
why do you love it?

Nukeman
03-13-2009, 08:45 PM
why do you love it?
Because someone stood up for their convictions!!!!!!!!

Immanuel
03-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Because someone stood up for their convictions!!!!!!!!

I wondered why he "loved it" as well. Was it because the instructor gave them to boot or was it because the instructor was given the boot? I don't know -Cp all that well, but I would guess it was the first.

Immie

emmett
03-13-2009, 09:52 PM
You can't carry your personal political or social convictions into public. I bet if Mr. Wolf was a builder and a Liberal wanted to have a house built right now....he'd hustle his ass right over there and prepare an estimate.

Mr. Wolf used his position in a very irresponsible manner and deserves to be terminated. Hell, he had a liberal in his audience, a vehicle by which to educate and goofed up the opportunity. So....I guess he's also a bit stupid in addition to rude and irresponsible.....IMHO.

LiberalNation
03-13-2009, 10:07 PM
clearly it would alsobe "good" to kick conservative students out of a college class they paid for then, right cp?

PostmodernProphet
03-13-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm surprised they let 13 year olds vote in Oklahoma.....

Mr. P
03-13-2009, 10:49 PM
You can't carry your personal political or social convictions into public. I bet if Mr. Wolf was a builder and a Liberal wanted to have a house built right now....he'd hustle his ass right over there and prepare an estimate.

Mr. Wolf used his position in a very irresponsible manner and deserves to be terminated. Hell, he had a liberal in his audience, a vehicle by which to educate and goofed up the opportunity. So....I guess he's also a bit stupid in addition to rude and irresponsible.....IMHO.

X2 :thumb:

sgtdmski
03-13-2009, 11:33 PM

In this instance liberals got a taste of what many conservative students on a college campus get everyday. Their liberal professors sharing their own political convictions in a classroom. I have no problem when this occurs in a political science class, for it is to occur. However, time and again you can read stories of English professor, Science professors, and even graduate students leading classes given their views. In some cases if you don't accept their convictions you can fail the class by their standards. I know I once failed a class that way, until I took the fight to the admin and had all my work saved to show that the grade I received did not match the work I did.

Funny how upsetting is when it happens to liberals and they have to make a big deal out of it, but when it happens to conservatives, it really means nothing.

Today's educational system is nothing more than an indoctrination system for liberals.

dmk

PostmodernProphet
03-14-2009, 07:08 AM
I think you are all overlooking the logic behind this instructors tactic.....what better way to identify those whom it would be dangerous to handle a loaded weapon than those who voted for Obama.....just consider how many folks are going to be contemplating suicide when they realize they are responsible for putting Obama in office.....do we really want them owning a gun?......it's for their own good.....

crin63
03-14-2009, 09:35 AM

I have to agree with Emmet!

However I have to admit that my immediate response was to laugh. Seeing the shoe on the other foot did strike me as humorous.

sgtdmski
03-14-2009, 10:10 AM
I think you are all overlooking the logic behind this instructors tactic.....what better way to identify those whom it would be dangerous to handle a loaded weapon than those who voted for Obama.....just consider how many folks are going to be contemplating suicide when they realize they are responsible for putting Obama in office.....do we really want them owning a gun?......it's for their own good.....

:lol:

:dance:

:beer:

:thumb:

:clap:

:thanks:

emmett
03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
I have to agree with Emmet!

However I have to admit that my immediate response was to laugh. Seeing the shoe on the other foot did strike me as humorous.

Oh hey Crin... don't get me wrong, I see the humor in it. Likewise, I agree that conservative students do get an unfair shake in our institutions of post secondary learning, however, I am a believer that two wrongs do not make a right!

This gentlemans responsibility was to give instruction to children in the ways of weaponary and responsible hunting technique. Not promote a political aganda. Nor should it be the right of University professors to do this either. The fact that it is done everyday in our society nulls none of the concerns I have for what id fair and responsible. The instructor did more than make a mistake in his judgement. He has now compromised the integrity of the craft of instruction in this category, which has more effect on the desperate battle we NRA members have to educate the public. All it will take is a couple of Liberals coming along, taking this handoff that he has placed safely in their grasp.....and running with the ball.

I would have preferred him take the higher road and display a responsible committment to the training and education of all people he is charged with the aforementioned to do. This would have sent a much clearer message to the Dad (who voted for Obama) that the gun world is not a bunch of nuts. He passed by his chance to display his true comittment to Gun Rights advocates and in my humble opinion.....let us down terribly!

Issues as important as our second amendment rights should never become a nah nah nah nah issue! Uncompromising comittement, unwavering standards and the truth will stand for themselves without the use of sloppy politics.

I'm done!