PDA

View Full Version : Why do they hate our troops ?

Silver
03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
http://tinyurl.com/cqvu52

The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

Mon Mar 16, 5:49 pm ET

To: POLITICAL EDITORS

Contact: Craig Roberts of The American Legion, +1-202-263-2982 Office, +1-202-406-0887 Cell

WASHINGTON, March 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The leader of the nation's largest veterans organization says he is "deeply disappointed and concerned" after a meeting with President Obama today to discuss a proposal to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries. The Obama administration recently revealed a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in such cases.

"It became apparent during our discussion today that the President intends to move forward with this unreasonable plan," said Commander David K. Rehbein of The American Legion. "He says he is looking to generate $540-million by this method, but refused to hear arguments about the moral and government-avowed obligations that would be compromised by it."

Why do Dems hate our troops ?

bullypulpit
03-17-2009, 10:51 AM
http://tinyurl.com/cqvu52

The American Legion Strongly Opposed to President's Plan to Charge Wounded Heroes for Treatment

Mon Mar 16, 5:49 pm ET

To: POLITICAL EDITORS

Contact: Craig Roberts of The American Legion, +1-202-263-2982 Office, +1-202-406-0887 Cell

WASHINGTON, March 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The leader of the nation's largest veterans organization says he is "deeply disappointed and concerned" after a meeting with President Obama today to discuss a proposal to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries. The Obama administration recently revealed a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in such cases.

"It became apparent during our discussion today that the President intends to move forward with this unreasonable plan," said Commander David K. Rehbein of The American Legion. "He says he is looking to generate $540-million by this method, but refused to hear arguments about the moral and government-avowed obligations that would be compromised by it."

Why do Dems hate our troops ?

Is there any independent verification of this?

Kathianne
03-18-2009, 04:43 AM
Is there any independent verification of this?

Here, http://www.mudvillegazette.com/031663.html
'links' from this post to msm sites. That what you were looking for?

bullypulpit
03-18-2009, 04:50 AM
Here, http://www.mudvillegazette.com/031663.html
'links' from this post to msm sites. That what you were looking for?

Thank you, dear lady. Obama should be ashamed of himself for even suggesting it.

Kathianne
03-18-2009, 05:27 AM
Thank you, dear lady. Obama should be ashamed of himself for even suggesting it.

You're quite welcome. Seems more than just 'suggesting' it though:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123734281713065367.html

Will Obama Go AWOL on VA Health Benefits?
By DAVID K. REHBEIN

'If you were injured in Iraq or Afghanistan and you have not paid your co-pay, please press 1. If you were injured during military training and you have not yet reached your deductible, please press 2. If your family has reached its maximum insurance benefit, please call back after you have purchased additional coverage. Thank you for your service."

Before the leaders of other veteran's groups and I met with President Barack Obama at the White House on Monday, I believed a phone call like the one described above unimaginable. Now it seems all too possible.

President Obama made clear during our discussion that he intends to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans with service-connected disabilities. He is trying to unfairly generate $540 million on the backs of veterans....

moderate democrat
03-18-2009, 06:18 AM
I see nothing in the link that would indicate that Obama is trying to charge wounded heroes anything for their treatment.

hjmick
03-18-2009, 11:58 AM
I see nothing in the link that would indicate that Obama is trying to charge wounded heroes anything for their treatment.

Of course you wouldn't. You still wear your "Obama blinders."

The idea that this administration would force soldiers injured in service to their country to use their private insurance to pay for treatment is disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves. Now, while you may argue that the use of their insurance does not equate to the soldiers themselves paying for the treatment out of pocket, I would argue that you are splitting hairs and playing semantic games.

"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan," this is the VA motto. It is honorable and it is the least we as a nation can do for the men and women who have served and been injured.

Honor.

I'm not sure this administration has any. At least based on this plan.

theHawk
03-18-2009, 12:44 PM
What else should we expect from the shitbag liberal we put into office?

moderate democrat
03-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Of course you wouldn't. You still wear your "Obama blinders."

The idea that this administration would force soldiers injured in service to their country to use their private insurance to pay for treatment is disgusting and they should be ashamed of themselves. Now, while you may argue that the use of their insurance does not equate to the soldiers themselves paying for the treatment out of pocket, I would argue that you are splitting hairs and playing semantic games.

"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan," this is the VA motto. It is honorable and it is the least we as a nation can do for the men and women who have served and been injured.

Honor.

I'm not sure this administration has any. At least based on this plan.

say what you will, it still does not suggest that anyone charge a wounded hero one penny.

theHawk
03-18-2009, 12:56 PM
say what you will, it still does not suggest that anyone charge a wounded hero one penny.

You think private health insurance is free? :poke:

glockmail
03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
say what you will, it still does not suggest that anyone charge a wounded hero one penny.Completely devoid of logic. What an Obamabot!

Nukeman
03-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Uhhh WHO PAYS FOR THAT PRIVATE PLAN??? Did obama suddenly take over their premium payments?

Do you honestly believe that the insurance companies wont pull thier "preexisting clause". Give me a break and actually think for a change.

moderate democrat
03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Uhhh WHO PAYS FOR THAT PRIVATE PLAN??? Did obama suddenly take over their premium payments?

Do you honestly believe that the insurance companies wont pull thier "preexisting clause". Give me a break and actually think for a change.

nothing that I have read indicates that anyone would require a veteran to acquire a new private health insurance policy if he or she was not already covered by one. Again...I see no additional incremental cost to wounded heroes in this proposal.

Kathianne
03-18-2009, 04:10 PM
From my first link to BP:

American Legion position:

The Legion argues that, depending on the severity of the medical conditions involved, maximum insurance coverage limits could be reached through treatment of the veteran's condition alone. That would leave the rest of the family without health care benefits. The Legion also points out that many health insurance companies require deductibles to be paid before any benefits are covered. Additionally, the Legion is concerned that private insurance premiums would be elevated to cover service-connected disabled veterans and their families, especially if the veterans are self-employed or employed in small businesses unable to negotiate more favorable across-the-board insurance policy pricing. The American Legion also believes that some employers, especially small businesses, would be reluctant to hire veterans with service-connected disabilities due to the negative impact their employment might have on obtaining and financing company health care benefits.

hjmick
03-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Just read that, because of the uproar, Obama has scrapped this idea.

Kathianne
03-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Just read that, because of the uproar, Obama has scrapped this idea.

I find nothing to say the administration has backed down. Lots about individual Democratic representatives. Do you have a link regard Obama 'backing down'?

glockmail
03-18-2009, 08:02 PM
Just read that, because of the uproar, Obama has scrapped this idea.Zero core values.

Kathianne
03-18-2009, 08:21 PM
I find nothing to say the administration has backed down. Lots about individual Democratic representatives. Do you have a link regard Obama 'backing down'?

bump.

hjmick
03-18-2009, 08:23 PM

Obama Drops Controversial Health Care Plan for Wounded Veterans (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/18/obama-drops-controversial-health-care-plan-wounded-veterans/)

Kathianne
03-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Obama Drops Controversial Health Care Plan for Wounded Veterans (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/18/obama-drops-controversial-health-care-plan-wounded-veterans/)

Thank you. Great link.

Obama Drops Controversial Health Care Plan for Wounded Veterans
President Obama will not advance a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs for the treatment of troops injured in service.

FOXNews.com
Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ShareThis
PEOPLE WHO READ THIS...
ALSO READ THESE STORIES:

President Obama, after an uproar by veterans groups, has scrapped a plan to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs for the treatment of troops injured in service.

"In considering the third-party billing issue, the administration was seeking to maximize the resources available for veterans," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said Wednesday in a written statement. "However, the president listened to concerns raised by the [veteran service organizations] that this might, under certain circumstances, affect veterans' and their families' ability to access health care.

"Therefore, the president has instructed that its consideration be dropped," Gibbs said.

Silver
03-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Obama Drops Controversial Health Care Plan for Wounded Veterans ??

Well ain't that just swell.....

Now the lefties will just feel all peachy that their Messiah did the right thing...

What really should concern them is that this bonehead they elected would attempt to do something as despicable as this in the first place....

Immanuel
03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Obama Drops Controversial Health Care Plan for Wounded Veterans ??

Well ain't that just swell.....

Now the lefties will just feel all peachy that their Messiah did the right thing...

What really should concern them is that this bonehead they elected would attempt to do something as despicable as this in the first place....

What really concerns them is that someone, the American Legion, actually had the balls to stand up against the President.

I'm very glad this idiotic plan was dropped. It would have not only cost veterans money, but the cost of every American's health insurance would have risen, probably quite significantly. That is right, the insurance companies would simply have passed that cost on to you and me and marked up the estimated costs quite a bit. Now, granted many of us have much of our insurance paid by our employers, but only the idiots don't realize that the cost of such a program affects their compensation to some degree.

In other words, this was just another plan to increase taxes on the working class.

The cost of your insurance would have gone up so that the insurance companies could cover the additional costs they would have been required to pay the Dept of Veteran Affairs IOW the government = increased taxation.

However, too many people were just to blinded by their loyalty to President Obama to admit that he was once again attempting to increase taxes on the poor.

Immie

Kathianne
03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
What really concerns them is that someone, the American Legion, actually had the balls to stand up against the President.

I'm very glad this idiotic plan was dropped. It would have not only cost veterans money, but the cost of every American's health insurance would have risen, probably quite significantly. That is right, the insurance companies would simply have passed that cost on to you and me and marked up the estimated costs quite a bit. Now, granted many of us have much of our insurance paid by our employers, but only the idiots don't realize that the cost of such a program affects their compensation to some degree.

In other words, this was just another plan to increase taxes on the working class.

The cost of your insurance would have gone up so that the insurance companies could cover the additional costs they would have been required to pay the Dept of Veteran Affairs IOW the government = increased taxation.

However, too many people were just to blinded by their loyalty to President Obama to admit that he was once again attempting to increase taxes on the poor.

Immie
Quite correct. I've not problem paying taxes for those that have given all they have. If somehow thy get through with a scratch or more, let it go through the vetting process.

Immanuel
03-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Quite correct. I've not problem paying taxes for those that have given all they have. If somehow thy get through with a scratch or more, let it go through the vetting process.

I have no problem at all in having my taxes increased to meet the obligations that this country owes to the men and women who have sacrificed themselves for this country. I am, however, offended by a government that attempts to hide a tax increase in such a manner.

We all owe veterans the health services it takes to assist them with their injuries not to mention that we owe the families as well and the families of the veterans who never make it home. But, it pisses me off that President Obama wants to shirk our obligations and put it all on the shoulders of health insurance companies.

Immie

Abbey Marie
03-19-2009, 09:40 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_X4hchmxnSH8/SHjaPPE7IfI/AAAAAAAABIQ/wgjJXdWH8QI/s400/Vive_Le_FlipFlop.jpg