PDA

View Full Version : Ever Been So Tired You Can't Sleep?

Kathianne
03-16-2009, 10:57 PM
From Friday through Sunday at about midnight I was working on something for school. Got in toto about 8 hours of sleep. I'm usually in bed by 9, it's 11. I'm still too wired. :eek:

03-16-2009, 11:07 PM
ive had that problem many times. Now is likely one of them.

Kathianne
03-16-2009, 11:14 PM
ive had that problem many times. Now is likely one of them.

I'm exhausted. A few minutes ago, so ants. Raid! Then remembered had dog. Yelled to son, don't let her up! Wash floor. More exhausted!

emmett
03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Kathy....put that crack pipe down! Step away from it! You can do it!

Kathianne
03-16-2009, 11:29 PM
:eek: Never been one of my problems. Not nice to insinuate.

Yurt
03-17-2009, 05:27 AM

and you say i'm tacky :poke:

DannyR
03-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Ever Been So Tired You Can't Sleep?For about a year and a half I had to drive from Nashville to Atlanta every Sunday night so I could be at work bright and early Monday morning. Usually I got about 2 hours of sleep just prior to hitting the road, drank cokes the whole way down to keep alert, and was so wired that rather than immediately going to sleep at 6pm when I got off work, I had to unwind a bit by going to a movie or two afterwards until I finally hit the hay about midnight. I think I saw pretty much every film released in theaters from 1996-1998.

emmett
03-17-2009, 09:56 AM
and you say i'm tacky :poke:

Humor: A message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter.

sgtdmski
03-17-2009, 11:16 AM
I work nights. There are many days where I have come home from work and been so tired that I could not fall asleep.

Believe it or not I drink more on days I work than when I am off. I usually need a drink or two to help me to relax and then fall asleep. Some days I drink until I pass out, usually after a very bad night.

Right now it is about 10:00 AM and I have been off work but still I am awake. I have to be back at work tonight at 9:00 PM.

For some strange reason people who work days believe that we who work nights come home and go right to sleep. I always ask them if they do the same when they get off at 3:00 PM. They always answer No.

Perhaps they should try it and see what the night shift is like.

dmk

glockmail
03-17-2009, 12:13 PM
From Friday through Sunday at about midnight I was working on something for school. Got in toto about 8 hours of sleep. I'm usually in bed by 9, it's 11. I'm still too wired. :eek: "Wired" does not mean "tired". I cannot go to sleep after work or after driving, unless I have about an hour to wind down and maybe have a manhattan.

Abbey Marie
03-17-2009, 02:29 PM
"Wired" does not mean "tired". I cannot go to sleep after work or after driving, unless I have about an hour to wind down and maybe have a manhattan.

One of the two best drinks. Ever. :thumb:

Yurt
03-17-2009, 03:24 PM
"Wired" does not mean "tired". I cannot go to sleep after work or after driving, unless I have about an hour to wind down and maybe have a manhattan.

me to. driving, if i am coming in off of a long trip, it seems as if my heart beat won't slow down for a bit. i am nervous driving, i actually like driving. maybe it is the adrenaline from driving at high rates of speed. :coffee:

glockmail
03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
One of the two best drinks. Ever. :thumb: No kidding, and so easy to make. I really like them during the winter.

Abbey Marie
03-17-2009, 03:53 PM
No kidding, and so easy to make. I really like them during the winter.

Me too. In summer, we switch to G&T's.

glockmail
03-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Me too. In summer, we switch to G&T's. I used to drink those, but gradually lowered the tonic content to make them martinis- the best drink evah!

Kathianne
03-17-2009, 07:11 PM

Ah but I was tired. Since Friday had about 6 hours sleep through Monday morning. Monday evening I was wired. Too tired to sleep. Now I got to get back on schedule. 45 minutes and nighty night.

glockmail
03-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Ah but I was tired. Since Friday had about 6 hours sleep through Monday morning. Monday evening I was wired. Too tired to sleep. Now I got to get back on schedule. 45 minutes and nighty night. Sure but you can be wired and tired at the same time.