PDA

View Full Version : Teleprompter screwup causes Obama to thank himself for White House party

Little-Acorn
03-18-2009, 12:12 PM
The Obama administration seems to be trying to set records for gaffes, clumsiness, and overall klutz factor.

A while ago I compared them to the Keystone Kops. But now it's starting to look like I insulted those comparatively professional comedians by equating them to this bunch.

Apparently the people setting up the teleprompter didn't change the speech aftre Obama gave it. And when the first guest came up and started reading, it took him a while to realize he was repeating the exact words that Obama had just read to the audience.

Obama quickly came up, took the guest's place, and started reading from the teleprompter.... not realizing that the crew had finally gotten it right and had switched back to the guest's speech. He kept reading and reading, even thanking himself for inviting everyone to the party, before someone finally straightened things out.

Back when President Gerald Ford kept falling off ladders, falling down helicopter stairs etc., it was due to an inner-ear medical condition no one could help. But President Obama has already far exceeded his record for stumblebum antics.

When will this get the derisive coverage Ford got?

BTW... who on earth uses a teleprompter at a PARTY?

---------------------------------

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/03/obama-thanks-himself-in-teleprompter.html

Obama Ends Up Thanking Himself In TelePrompter Stumble-Bumble

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Oops.

President Obama graciously thanked himself for inviting everyone to the St. Patrick's Day party yesterday at the White House.

SKY News reported, via LGF:

A teleprompt blunder has led to Barack Obama thanking himself in a speech at the White House in a St Patrick's Day celebration.

Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen was just a few paragraphs into an address in Washington when he realised it all sounded a bit too familiar.

It was. He was repeating the speech President Barack Obama had just read from the same teleprompter.

Mr Cowen stopped, turned to the president and said: "That's your speech."

A laughing Mr Obama returned to the podium to take over but it seems the script had finally been switched and the US president ended up thanking himself for inviting everyone to the party.

hjmick
03-18-2009, 12:17 PM
When will this get the derisive coverage Ford got?

I'd guess never. To do so would be racist.

BTW... who on earth uses a teleprompter at a PARTY?

Someone who has shown an inability to speak off the cuff and values highly the image he or she has worked diligently to construct?

Nukeman
03-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Reminds me of "Ron Burgandy", remember "stay classy LA" or was that "go f*** your self":dance::laugh2:

glockmail
03-18-2009, 12:32 PM
I'd guess never. To do so would be racist.
....Little Acorn is obviously racist for even bring the subject up. ;)

theHawk
03-18-2009, 12:41 PM
What a freakin idiot.

Little-Acorn
03-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Little Acorn is obviously racist for even bring the subject up. ;)

Racist for even being aware that it happened, n'est-ce pas?
:dance:

glockmail
03-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Racist for even being aware that it happened, n'est-ce pas?
:dance:Ha! But you were the open that made me aware of it. My racism then, is all your fault. :coffee:

Little-Acorn
03-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Ha! But you were the open that made me aware of it. My racism then, is all your fault. :coffee:

There must be some way I can blame Bush for this.

C'mon, you liberals, help me out here!

:cheers2:

Little-Acorn
03-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Someone who has shown an inability to speak off the cuff and values highly the image he or she has worked diligently to construct?

For eight years, we kept hearing that the President was a complete boob due to his inability to speak publicly in the smooth, well-cultured manner his detractors insisted on.

And a few Presidents before that, we had one who WAS a good public speaker (they even called him The Great Communicator). But we were told for eight years that in his case, he was merely a product of slick marketing and packaging. Mostly by the same detractors.

Most of those detractors are still with us. When are they going to get around to examining the current President? And what will they conclude?

:poke:

Abbey Marie
03-18-2009, 02:19 PM
I heard that Rush is calling the O-man TOTUS- "Teleprompter of the United States".
:lmao:

glockmail
03-18-2009, 02:33 PM

Most of those detractors are still with us. When are they going to get around to examining the current President? And what will they conclude?
... They won't examine, therefore will conclude nothing.

Kathianne
03-19-2009, 05:45 AM
I can't believe the things happening. :coffee: I just keep being reminded of "The Twilight Zone", which I used in a title a bit ago. :laugh2:

03-19-2009, 12:36 PM
yeah and Obama is sooooo much smarter than President Bush was.

Little-Acorn
03-19-2009, 12:39 PM
yeah and Obama is sooooo much smarter than President Bush was.

And how do we know this?

His teleprompter said so!

Trigg
03-19-2009, 04:39 PM
You'd think one of the MSM sources would have brought this up. Maybe we'll see him being lampooned on Saturday Night Live...............I wouldn't hold my breath though.

sgtdmski
03-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Any surprise? What a package, he reads great off the screen, oh but hopefully the screen will be programmed right.

So it seems that not only can he speak for himself, he cannot think for himself. Talking about a scripted performer. Perhaps the Obama adminstration should contact those members of the Reagan administration to find out how they never made any mistakes in his so-called scripted speeches.

dmk