PDA

View Full Version : The bias goes on and on and on

Abbey Marie
03-18-2009, 12:14 PM
When Obama won the election, I wondered what Jay Leno would do for the political material he uses so often. Anyone who watches him knows that his monologues have been using President Bush as his main target for years. Would he do the same to Obama?

Last night I had my answer, at least for now. I tuned in a little late, but the only thing I heard him say about Obama was positive. But he aparently has the time and the inclination to continue to bash Bush even though he is out of office, by ridiculing him in a segment called "What is Bush doing now?". It was very low class, even for Leno; you had to see it.

Oh, btw, Obama will be on Leno Thursday night. One hand washes the other all right.

hjmick
03-18-2009, 12:19 PM
I haven't watched Leno. Ever. I stopped watching Letterman a few years ago. He got too cranky for my tastes.

DannyR
03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Only about half a year left of Leno. Conan is replacing him in Sept.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Only about half a year left of Leno. Conan is replacing him in Sept.

Yup. Not really the point, though.

DannyR
03-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Oh, I figured the reason he's leaving is because by then the Bush jokes will have grown old. You can only bash the previous President so long.

Abbey Marie
03-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh, I figured the reason he's leaving is because by then the Bush jokes will have grown old. You can only bash the previous President so long.

I don't know Conan well at all. Do you think he will pick up the Bush-bashing torch?

DannyR
03-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Conan pokes fun at Obama, although I don't know how frequently compared to Bush. A few of the harsher jokes:

Obama was joined on stage by Bruce Springsteen in Ohio on Sunday. There was one tense moment when somebody in the audience yelled out, 'Born in the USA!' And Obama said, 'For the last time, yes, damnit, I was!

While she was addressing the crowd, Sarah Palin spent a lot of time criticizing Barack Obama’s campaign speeches for not having enough specifics. … Obama was reportedly angry about the claim, but didn’t say exactly why.

"President Obama has asked the Senate to cut $50 billion from the economic stimulus plan. Yeah, Obama says the government will no longer need the $50 billion once everyone in his Cabinet pays their back taxes."

Barack and Michelle Obama are looking for a church in Washington to attend. Apparently, the Obamas ask every prospective pastor the same question: 'Have you ever been videotaped screaming 'God damn America!'?

Possible controversy for the Obama campaign. Republicans are now accusing Barack Obama's campaign of voter fraud, because some of the people they've registered sound like they have fake names. Apparently, the fakest-sounding name is Barack Obama.