PDA

View Full Version : Republican Presidents Having A Laugh

Sitarro
03-19-2009, 04:04 AM
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv299/Sitarro2009/assorted%20shots/668_1236194611.jpg

So I said to him, "Barack, I know Abe Lincoln and you ain't him."

PostmodernProphet
03-19-2009, 06:18 AM
political jokes aside, that's some good artwork......very believable facial expressions on each of them.....I particularly like the way he captured Eisenhower......

Abbey Marie
03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Good stuff. :thumb:

Not to nitpick, but I think the artist should have put Lincoln in a more visible position. At first, I thought he wasn't there.

Mr. P
03-19-2009, 11:43 AM
I want THAT print!

Sitarro
03-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I want THAT print!

I had found it at a link for Ann Coulter but, I googled the opening line of it and found the artist's site. Of course he is sold out of the less expensive prints, he does have a canvas print for $149. Here is his site. He has a nice painting of the flag that was put up at ground zero with all of the stuff people put around it.

http://www.andythomas.com/detail.aspx?ID=43

Mr. P
03-19-2009, 01:09 PM
I had found it at a link for Ann Coulter but, I googled the opening line of it and found the artist's site. Of course he is sold out of the less expensive prints, he does have a canvas print for $149. Here is his site. He has a nice painting of the flag that was put up at ground zero with all of the stuff people put around it.

http://www.andythomas.com/detail.aspx?ID=43

Thanks!!!

Sitarro
03-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Good stuff. :thumb:

Not to nitpick, but I think the artist should have put Lincoln in a more visible position. At first, I thought he wasn't there.

I think that was the whole point of his depiction of Lincoln. He didn't want it obvious, he wanted you to figure it out. It makes it that much better when the viewer gets involved.......... there is a certain amount of satisfaction on the viewer's part to figure it out.

I have planned to do a painting of some Wood ducks flying over the 13th hole at Augusta National during the Masters and naming it "Woodies Thinking About Rae's Creek". By naming it that way, I'm leaving it to the viewer(if they care)to figure out the golf course and hole below. Any golfer worth his salt knows that Rae's Creek runs through Augusta and by the 11, 12 and 13 holes. If they figure it out they will naturally want to stump their golf buddies with what they know. It could end up in a sale.

dan
03-19-2009, 03:58 PM
I think that was the whole point of his depiction of Lincoln. He didn't want it obvious, he wanted you to figure it out. It makes it that much better when the viewer gets involved.......... there is a certain amount of satisfaction on the viewer's part to figure it out.

I have planned to do a painting of some Wood ducks flying over the 13th hole at Augusta National during the Masters and naming it "Woodies Thinking About Rae's Creek". By naming it that way, I'm leaving it to the viewer(if they care)to figure out the golf course and hole below. Any golfer worth his salt knows that Rae's Creek runs through Augusta and by the 11, 12 and 13 holes. If they figure it out they will naturally want to stump their golf buddies with what they know. It could end up in a sale.

Thanks for reminding me that Masters week is coming up soon!:bang3: