PDA

View Full Version : Planning trip to Ireland!

Nukeman
03-19-2009, 08:13 AM
OK the wife and I are planning a trip to Ireland for this fall (September) for our 20th anniversary. Has anyone been and if so what would you suggest we see.

I think we are going to spend about 10 days with about 5-6 in Dublin. Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated..

Abbey Marie
03-19-2009, 09:34 AM
I'd love to see some information, too, as Ireland is on our short list for a trip for our Anniversary this year, too. Also on the short list: Scotland and Italy. We need to decide soon.

Nukeman
03-19-2009, 09:48 AM
I supose I should have directed this to NOIR..... Since he live there

Noir
03-21-2009, 09:29 AM
I've only been down south a few times, but if you are staying in Dublin you have to visit wicklow (sp?) jail, it is a disused jail that now doubles up as a museum, it also has a fair bit in it about those who were sent to America and the conditions they faced to get there. But it all depends what you like i guess.

A good site to visit if you have not already done so is http://www.discoverireland.ie/

@abbey

I think the Scottish equilivent site is
http://www.scotland-welcomes-you.com/
Again i haven't been in Scotland very much, but Edinburgh(which was European capital of culture a few years ago) and St. Andrews should both be high on your list.

Trigg
09-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Well we're BACK :dance:

We had an amazing time....the people were very nice.

I told hubby that it was like on of his big family reunions. Everyone was loud, outgoing, talked with their hands and redheads were everywhere :laugh2:

We went to Kilkenny and Wicklow for the day, Wicklow reminds me of Kentucky, no wonder hubby's family is from there, it looks like home.

We also went up to Malahide Castle.

Hubby loved the pubs, they were great. More of a social gathering than what bars are like here (meat markets for the barely 21 set).

I'd love to go back, so far it's my favorite foreign country.

jackass
09-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Awesome! Glad you had a great time. Cant wait until I can get there. Maybe have to visit Kentucky sometime soon too....

Nukeman
09-15-2009, 03:06 PM
here's one pic i am unable to get any others to come through..... ????? if any of the admins have any idea please pm me...

This one pic is the inside of St. Patrick's Cathedral

Nukeman
09-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Here are a few more. I think the problem may be with the camera I used

Nukeman
09-15-2009, 03:22 PM
If anyone wants to see more pics PM me and I will give you my facebook

actsnoblemartin
09-15-2009, 03:36 PM
congratulations

here's to another 20 :cheers2:

OK the wife and I are planning a trip to Ireland for this fall (September) for our 20th anniversary. Has anyone been and if so what would you suggest we see.

I think we are going to spend about 10 days with about 5-6 in Dublin. Any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated..

Nukeman
09-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Alright here are a few more discoverd my problem with some of the pic is they are too large in format.....

These are from
Number One is in the Quays pub
number two is Trigg and I outside of Wicklow
number three is in Kilkiney
number four Trigg drinking her free pint og Guinness at the brewery
number five is a street scene outside Trinity college

Monkeybone
09-15-2009, 03:40 PM
he brought back the swine flu. Thanks a lot Nuke....

Nukeman
09-15-2009, 03:42 PM
he brought back the swine flu. Thanks a lot Nuke....

**** cough******cough****** cough**** (wiping sweat off brow) I did not!!!!!!?????? well maybe!?!?!?!?:beer:

Trigg
09-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Guinness is horrible

I liked Smithwicks though :cheers2:

Monkeybone
09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
That a Beer or a Cider?

Trigg
09-16-2009, 01:36 PM
That a Beer or a Cider?

A darker beer, just not as strong as Guinness

Monkeybone
09-16-2009, 01:39 PM
ah that is good. I don't like Guinness myself. Makes me think that I am drinking cold bitter coffee with alcohol in it.

Trigg
09-16-2009, 01:42 PM
ah that is good. I don't like Guinness myself. Makes me think that I am drinking cold bitter coffee with alcohol in it.

Nuke says it tastes better over there???????? I wasn't impressed though...couldn't drink it at all.

When we toured the Guinness factory I had a coke.

Monkeybone
09-16-2009, 01:44 PM
When they make it over there is is "fresh". also doesn't have the preservatives in it for the shipping. that might be why.

DragonStryk72
09-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Sorry, I missed your trip, Nuke. Just went to Ireland last September. We stayed up in Galway, had an absolute blast.

Smithwick's is a beer, the irish cider that's in main use over there is Bulmer's vintange cider. I managed to drink more than 12 pints of that the first night I was in ireland in the course of 2 hours.