PDA

View Full Version : unwed mothers

Trigg
03-19-2009, 05:07 PM
No wonder this country is going to hell in a handbasket.

Blacks- 71.6%
Hispanic 51.3%
white - 27.8%

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr57/nvsr57_12.pdf

The statistics are based on a review of most 2007 birth certificates by the National Center for Health Statistics, part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The numbers also showed:

Nearly 72 percent of the births to black women were out of wedlock. Mothers were unmarried in about 51 percent of Hispanic births and 28 percent of non-Hispanic white births.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29754561/

Silver
03-19-2009, 05:18 PM
And Maury says...."As the 50th guy tested, Tyrone, you are NOT the father of Lemonjello....."
Lighten up folks...

sgtdmski
03-19-2009, 05:54 PM
But "single" mothers are so amazing, at every political campaign stop you will see some candidate thanking them.

I want to thank them too. I want to thank them for

being 6 times more likely to live in poverty causing their child to live in poverty.

for in 70% of the time causing their to be a criminal.

is 60% more likely to raise a child who becomes another unwed mother.

is 80% more likely to raise a child who is addicted to drugs or alchol.

is 58% more likely to raise a child who ends up committing suicide.

and finally who will cost the rest of us millions of dollars to pay for her, her child, and the associated problems.

So yes, let us thank single mothers.

dmk

5stringJeff
03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
I don't see what the problem is. I do lots of work with single mothers, helping them get their start...

:D

Seriously, though, it is tragic. I've heard a lot of people in the black community talk about the breakdown of the black family, but I had no idea it was that bad.

Yurt
03-19-2009, 06:41 PM
geeeze, you guys are so partisan....don't you see....this is exactly why we need uncle obama. he will save us, take care of us, clothe us, feed us, he will take from the rich and spread their wealth to us.

in obama's name we....

Mr. P
03-19-2009, 06:50 PM
"Who's yer Daddy"? Has been a serious question, not a joke, buy those of us that knew about this problem all along.

DannyR
03-19-2009, 07:54 PM
not to mention popularizing the phrase "my baby daddy" as well.

bullypulpit
03-19-2009, 08:48 PM
The tedious right wing refrain about "welfare mothers driving Cadillacs" will surely soon be written by an apologist for said right wing.

Mr. P
03-19-2009, 08:57 PM
The tedious right wing refrain about "welfare mothers driving Cadillacs" will surely soon be written by an apologist for said right wing.

Who said anything about "welfare mothers driving Cadillacs" in this thread?

03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Here is one of the biggest symptoms for what's wrong with our nation.

Yurt
03-19-2009, 09:34 PM

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/wtf-funny-dog-pictures-i-has-a-hotdog-but-i-eated-it.jpg

actsnoblemartin
03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
with all due respect who said that, and what does that have to do with this thread?

the bottom line is... are children born out of wedlock better off or not?

sgtdmski
03-20-2009, 03:13 AM
geeeze, you guys are so partisan....don't you see....this is exactly why we need uncle obama. he will save us, take care of us, clothe us, feed us, he will take from the rich and spread their wealth to us.

in obama's name we....

And then when everyone is broke and poor who will he take from next?

No country has ever taxed itself to prosperity.

Sorry but all Obama will do is spread the misery.

dmk

sgtdmski
03-20-2009, 03:16 AM

No we don't have to use that line any more. All we have to do is cite the facts, especially some of those that were found by a few left wing groups who were trying to show how well the poor are doing, and yet found the same thing that people like Daniel Patrick Moynihan way back in the 70's.

dmk

LiberalNation
03-20-2009, 09:12 AM
better than marrying just to divorce.

Nukeman
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM

NO, not really.... Better to NOT get pregnant in the 1st place dontcha think.... Ohh wait you really DONT THINK!!!!!!!!!!

Binky
03-20-2009, 10:29 AM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/wtf-funny-dog-pictures-i-has-a-hotdog-but-i-eated-it.jpg

:laugh2::laugh2: Proper grammar is a real pet peeve of mine. Grrrr!

Trigg
03-20-2009, 08:21 PM
The tragedy with having an unwed birthrate that high is when it happens generation after generation. One unwed pregnancy in a family can be dealt with, the mother can be supported by the family and be just fine. But, when you have a teen mother who's own mother was a teen mother it's harder for a family to rise above that.

71% is amazingly high and is probably the reason for their poverty numbers being so high. Hispanics are hot on their heels and again have a high poverty rate. Asians and whites have about the same unwed pregnancy rates and are on the same level as far as education and income level. I don't think there is a question that unwed pregnancies and low income tend to go hand in hand.

03-20-2009, 09:59 PM

How about you marry and stay married?