PDA

View Full Version : Steyn: Texas Idiot and Whip-Smartest Administration

Kathianne
03-20-2009, 05:54 AM
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MWQzMWQ5NGE4OWJiODAzZDE0Y2JhODMzOGEzZWUxOTM=

Regional power [Mark Steyn]
Mark (Hemingway), re that Gordon Brown box set, I was happy to string along with the jokes that the US-format DVDs wouldn't work on UK machines....

The films only worked in DVD players made in North America and the words "wrong region" came up on his screen...

Ah, well. The White House spokesman is said to have "sniggered" upon hearing the news.

I haven't run into Gordon Brown in over a decade, but my memory of the last time I met him in a TV green room is of a glowering misanthropic type who enjoys nursing a grudge. What doesn't go around (in the DVD player) comes around. When the President and his Teleprompter visit London for the G20 summit in a couple of weeks, it would be a tragedy were Barack Oprompta to rise for his big speech to find nothing but the words "Wrong Region" flashing on his screen (although I'm sure the Queen would be very polite and string along and make all the swells stand up and join the toast to "Ron Region", whoever he is).

But don't forget, folks: Somewhere in Texas a village has been reunited with its idiot, and we now have the whip-smartest administration of David Brooks' lifetime.