PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Unions who'll be pissed at this news: Wal-Mart Increases Employee Bonuses

-Cp
03-20-2009, 12:37 PM
I wonder who many Union-workers at competing stores are getting these same sort of bonuses? :)

[I]At a time when companies are cutting costs and jobs to tackle the economic downturn, global retail chain major Wal-Mart has doled out $933.6 million in bonuses to its workers.

"Wal-Mart Stores Inc handed out $933.6 million in bonuses to its rank-and-file US workers on Thursday, an increase of 46.7 per cent compared to last year," the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) said in a report published online.

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/wal-mart-gives-933-mn-bonus-to-workers-report/57051/on

sgtdmski
03-20-2009, 11:56 PM
How long before Congress attacks these bonuses???

I mean all bonuses are bad. Therefore I wonder if Congress will want to hit them up with a 90% tax as well.

With the Democrats hot and heavy to pass card check, I also wonder how much longer they will last. I am sure that the biggest reason for card check is so that the unions can there dirty little hands into WalMart and make it raise its prices.

dmk