PDA

View Full Version : "I can beat President Obama"

03-20-2009, 06:06 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/obama_special_olympics

A special Olympics bowler proudly claimed that he could beat President Obama at a game of bowling after Obama's gaffee on Leno the other night.

sgtdmski
03-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Just goes to show that there is nothing special about the man.

dmk

MtnBiker
03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
maybe the barack could score a little higher if he wasn't using a telepromter while he bowled

Kathianne
03-20-2009, 07:03 PM
maybe the barack could score a little higher if he wasn't using a telepromter while he bowled

Hell with the teleprompter, I want to see the video of him actually bowling the 129! :laugh2: Methinks he 'misspoke' on more than one topic. :coffee:

Noir
03-21-2009, 09:57 AM
129 ain't high atall, i only go bowling a few times a year and tend to average about 100-120,

As for the comments, pretty dumb, you guys seem to have a habit of putting folks with loose tongues in the presidential office, so its almost to be expected.

Kathianne
03-21-2009, 09:59 AM
129 ain't high atall, i only go bowling a few times a year and tend to average about 100-120,

As for the comments, pretty dumb, you guys seem to have a habit of putting folks with loose tongues in the presidential office, so its almost to be expected.
Agreed, however the odds of him going from the 60's to 120+, unlikely. Then to say something so stupid on top of it? :laugh2:

Noir
03-21-2009, 10:13 AM
He was throwing 60's!?!?!?
Oh my,
well atleast being a good bowler isn't a necessity for being a good president, but he has to learn that being tight with his tongue is.

Trigg
03-21-2009, 10:20 AM
The only reason IMHO he went on Leno was to show that he has an "open Presidency" that is welcoming instead of stuffy.

Of course that backfired badly and he ended up putting his foot in his mouth.

We have a dem media though so this well be quickly swept under the rug with them making excuses for him. Maria Shriver already came out and said she's sure he didn't mean any harm.

I hope whoever is running for prez is taking notes and getting their videos in order.

CockySOB
03-21-2009, 10:20 AM

Agreed. A 129 is pretty easy to do if you keep the ball on the lane and get four marks in a game. With only minor work and a little education on the physics of bowling and lane mechanics, most bowlers can move up to the 150 range very quickly.

I voted for the other guy. And a lot of us here did likewise.

CockySOB
03-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Agreed, however the odds of him going from the 60's to 120+, unlikely. Then to say something so stupid on top of it? :laugh2:

Meh, as I mentioned in another post (this thread), I could probably work with him for an hour and get him to the 100+ range regularly, if not into the 120-130's. Give me a couple hours per week for 3-4 weeks, and he could be hitting 150 without a problem - everyone can. It just takes an understanding of what is happening on the lane (oil, ball tracks, humidity, temperature) and some instruction on how to hold proper form for delivery and release.

Noir
03-21-2009, 10:36 AM
I voted for the other guy. And a lot of us here did likewise.

Indeed, but you look down the list, Obama, Biden, Palin, Clinton, Bush...(and they are only the folks that have been around in my short life) all seem to blurt out this rubbish,

03-21-2009, 10:38 AM

i think the real question is how the heck did he do it while traveling out of the white house so much?

Kathianne
03-21-2009, 12:02 PM
i think the real question is how the heck did he do it while traveling out of the white house so much?

When he's there, he's practicing?

http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/floor0/bowling-alley.htm

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3890/bowlingalley2008.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bowlingalley2008.jpg)

03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
When he's there, he's practicing?

With what time? he's on the road 90% of the time lately. the other 10% he's supposed to be working.

Kathianne
03-21-2009, 12:50 PM
With what time? he's on the road 90% of the time lately. the other 10% he's supposed to be working.

Which leaves him with 10% of his time to be bowling. :laugh2: Have you seen evidence of work?

-Cp
03-21-2009, 12:54 PM
I already posted this in this thread here:

There's an entire thread here that deals with this:

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=21956

Kathianne
03-21-2009, 01:07 PM
I already posted this in this thread here:

There's an entire thread here that deals with this:

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=21956

hjmick's is on Leno. Avatar's on the special olympic's bowler.

-Cp
03-21-2009, 01:37 PM
hjmick's is on Leno. Avatar's on the special olympic's bowler.

Right.. and both topics are covered in the link I posted... In fact, the Leno Video clip is also at that link...

As well as the news story I posted at that link yesterday in regards to that kid challenging our President..

Kathianne
03-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Right.. and both topics are covered in the link I posted... In fact, the Leno Video clip is also at that link...

As well as the news story I posted at that link yesterday in regards to that kid challenging our President..

Not going to argue moderating. Threads develop as they will. Nor will I or anyone else be baited into merging all related thread topics. Got a problem, take it to Jim.

-Cp
03-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Not going to argue moderating. Threads develop as they will. Nor will I or anyone else be baited into merging all related thread topics. Got a problem, take it to Jim.

lol.. i never had a problem - was just pointing things out.. that's all.. :)