Kathianne
03-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Interesting piece I ran into while looking for something else:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9721LNG1&show_article=1

DNC raises only $3.2 million in February

Mar 20 06:38 PM US/Eastern
By LIZ SIDOTI
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Democratic National Committee raised $3.2 million in February, a strikingly low take for a financial juggernaut led by President Barack Obama and his legions of grass-roots supporters who helped him shatter campaign fundraising records.
Even the committee's Republican counterpart raised more—$5.1 million—last month and did so under more difficult circumstances. The GOP was coming off of a disastrous election in which it lost the White House and saw its numbers in Congress shrink further. New GOP chairman Michael Steele also had a rocky start....

It may well be that people ARE getting it. Bully's been disappointed a bit, but he's more 'moderate liberal' than far left. I think there is disillusionment by many moderates and independents in what Obama HAS achieved in the past 8 weeks or so...

Mr. P
03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Interesting piece I ran into while looking for something else:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9721LNG1&show_article=1

It may well be that people ARE getting it. Bully's been disappointed a bit, but he's more 'moderate liberal' than far left. I think there is disillusionment by many moderates and independents in what Obama HAS achieved in the past 8 weeks or so...

I think folks are seeing reality and you are correct.

I'll say this, I've NEVER seen such a turn of opinion in a Pres in such a short period of time in my entire life. At some point awhile ago I mentioned a 4 yr lame duck..that's what I saw coming..we'll see, IMO it's up to Congress now.

April15
03-20-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't see any of the problems you mention or believe to be. I think he's done terrific considering what he was handed.

PostmodernProphet
03-20-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't see any of the problems you mention or believe to be. I think he's done terrific considering what he was handed.

???....he took what he was handed and handed it to folks who made it worse while he practiced his bowling.....even CNN was questioning his "success" tonight.....

Yurt
03-20-2009, 07:52 PM

he wasn't handed anything....he took office willingly and has made it worse

if he didn't want it, he didn't have to take anything

No1tovote4
03-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Now those are interesting numbers. Maybe they think the Celebrity in Chief will carry them for the next 8 years...

Binky
03-20-2009, 08:35 PM
I think folks are seeing reality and you are correct.

I'll say this, I've NEVER seen such a turn of opinion in a Pres in such a short period of time in my entire life. At some point awhile ago I mentioned a 4 yr lame duck..that's what I saw coming..we'll see, IMO it's up to Congress now.

The turn about happened so quickly because people perceived changes would be made the instant Obama took oath. When in fact, change takes time and comes in bits and pieces.

Kathianne
03-20-2009, 09:18 PM
The turn about happened so quickly because people perceived changes would be made the instant Obama took oath. When in fact, change takes time and comes in bits and pieces.

Actually he brought change and shoved it through very quickly. He has outspent 8 years of Bush in less than 8 weeks, not including the $350 billion that Bush gave him. That is what people are seeing.

It's not ok financially for you to use your VISA to pay your Mastercard. Why is it ok for the government? Many are getting it, as well as the fact that so far there was obvious collusion about the AIG bailouts; lying to the people about it; laundering money through there to pay for other banks tanking; and trying to take money from the vets regarding insurance. All in just 8 weeks.

No1tovote4
03-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Actually he brought change and shoved it through very quickly. He has outspent 8 years of Bush in less than 8 weeks, not including the $350 billion that Bush gave him. That is what people are seeing.

It's not ok financially for you to use your VISA to pay your Mastercard. Why is it ok for the government? Many are getting it, as well as the fact that so far there was obvious collusion about the AIG bailouts; lying to the people about it; laundering money through there to pay for other banks tanking; and trying to take money from the vets regarding insurance. All in just 8 weeks.
Instead of change, we get simply the buttressing of the system that brought the problems to begin with, with a bit of nationalizing banks in the bargain.

The fans of the Celebrity in Chief are people taken in by smoke and mirrors who refuse to think and will not realize that even if this works it will only serve to build another credit bubble for our future, one that will be increased and far worse.

This is what you get when the politician is unimaginative and restricts themselves to populist ideas that they call "change". This isn't change, it is stuck on stupid.

Kathianne
03-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Instead of change, we get simply the buttressing of the system that brought the problems to begin with, with a bit of nationalizing banks in the bargain.

The fans of the Celebrity in Chief are people taken in by smoke and mirrors who refuse to think and will not realize that even if this works it will only serve to build another credit bubble for our future, one that will be increased and far worse.

This is what you get when the politician is unimaginative and restricts themselves to populist ideas that they call "change". This isn't change, it is stuck on stupid.

I agree. Someone said on your site that they think things are 'slow' because of the news cycle. I don't know about you, but I've never been reading so much, that's so important, ever. From Iran to North Korea, from Washington DC, to Washington State. From banking to insurance to school funding...

No1tovote4
03-20-2009, 09:53 PM
I agree. Someone said on your site that they think things are 'slow' because of the news cycle. I don't know about you, but I've never been reading so much, that's so important, ever. From Iran to North Korea, from Washington DC, to Washington State. From banking to insurance to school funding...
They don't want to draw attention to the "Shock and Awe" plan of Obama's first 60 days so far.

He is throwing as much as he can down now, before the Rs can build a strong outlet to get information out.

Kathianne
03-20-2009, 09:59 PM
They don't want to draw attention to the "Shock and Awe" plan of Obama's first 60 days so far.

He is throwing as much as he can down now, before the Rs can build a strong outlet to get information out.

I'm hoping the CBO report is going to put some brakes on his plans.

Binky
03-21-2009, 09:27 AM

Yep, but I think people don't actually see the changes as yet because it's too early. He is rushing thru to get things done, but to actually SEE and FEEl the changes will take some time.

And with the amount of money he is going through we'll be in the poorhouse that much faster.

Kathianne
03-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Yep, but I think people don't actually see the changes as yet because it's too early. He is rushing thru to get things done, but to actually SEE and FEEl the changes will take some time.

And with the amount of money he is going through we'll be in the poorhouse that much faster.

Oh getting done what he's gotten done is change, not all change is for the good. In fact I'd say what he's done is a catastrophe, but that was the change he intended.

April15
03-21-2009, 12:58 PM
I am happy with most of Obamas work to date. I have lived through Raggoon and Bushed. So far this ain't bad. Then again I have not had real work in a year or so and am giving up my house I still feel better knowing a republican is not in charge!

Mr. P
03-21-2009, 04:07 PM
I am happy with most of Obamas work to date. I have lived through Raggoon and Bushed. So far this ain't bad. Then again I have not had real work in a year or so and am giving up my house I still feel better knowing a republican is not in charge!

So let me get this straight..maybe you had a house with Ron, you did with George but NOW you must surrender it, and yer happy with most of Obamas work to date? Sounds odd to me.

April15
03-21-2009, 04:30 PM
So let me get this straight..maybe you had a house with Ron, you did with George but NOW you must surrender it, and yer happy with most of Obamas work to date? Sounds odd to me.You got it wrong. During the years of ragon as Governer and then as president I started a business and went bankrupt. I did not have any house at the time. I aquired my house under a great president William Jefferson Clinton. Business was great. Bush got in and shortly thereafter business started a slow decline. Not just for me but for all the business owners I know and associated with. To date several went belly up and lost all; some are just squeeking by, like me, but none are doing even OK. So far I am the only one to have to sell.
I like what Barrack is doing as it should help some people who are like me. It is unfortunate that the parties involved in the lack of ethical conduct will not suffer in any way. But that is how capitalism works.

Mr. P
03-21-2009, 04:41 PM
You got it wrong. During the years of ragon as Governer and then as president I started a business and went bankrupt. I did not have any house at the time. I aquired my house under a great president William Jefferson Clinton. Business was great. Bush got in and shortly thereafter business started a slow decline. Not just for me but for all the business owners I know and associated with. To date several went belly up and lost all; some are just squeeking by, like me, but none are doing even OK. So far I am the only one to have to sell.
I like what Barrack is doing as it should help some people who are like me. It is unfortunate that the parties involved in the lack of ethical conduct will not suffer in any way. But that is how capitalism works.

You mean the folks that lived ABOVE their means and didn't prepare for a rainy day?..Yeah, I deal with em EVERYDAY. He ain't gonna help, he WILL raise yer taxes though..just watch.

April15
03-21-2009, 05:14 PM
You mean the folks that lived ABOVE their means and didn't prepare for a rainy day?..Yeah, I deal with em EVERYDAY. He ain't gonna help, he WILL raise yer taxes though..just watch.My rainy day has lasted a few years.

Kathianne
03-21-2009, 05:42 PM
My rainy day has lasted a few years.

That's what happens when you don't prepare. It's not the government's job to force others to take care of you. On the other hand, if you need food or shelter, I doubt you'd have a problem finding plenty of help. Medical care too. However if you are looking for a job that pays $60k to start, along with a house, much less starting your own business, good luck, With Obama your chances to earn that are spiraling down, and we're only 8 weeks in...

April15
03-21-2009, 07:04 PM
That's what happens when you don't prepare. It's not the government's job to force others to take care of you. On the other hand, if you need food or shelter, I doubt you'd have a problem finding plenty of help. Medical care too. However if you are looking for a job that pays $60k to start, along with a house, much less starting your own business, good luck, With Obama your chances to earn that are spiraling down, and we're only 8 weeks in...So you could live without income for a few years on just what you had in your checking account?
I have a business that is just mot making any profit now. But that started when Bushed was president and his rich get richer policies. As for medical care, insurance doesn't cover all my ailments. I have looked as a joke at moving to another country but if you have no bachelors or better degree or a shit load of money you can't get in. I have not checked Cuba yet but with diminishing prospects I may have to.
In California 60k is a dishwashers salary.

Kathianne
03-21-2009, 07:30 PM
So you could live without income for a few years on just what you had in your checking account?
I have a business that is just mot making any profit now. But that started when Bushed was president and his rich get richer policies. As for medical care, insurance doesn't cover all my ailments. I have looked as a joke at moving to another country but if you have no bachelors or better degree or a shit load of money you can't get in. I have not checked Cuba yet but with diminishing prospects I may have to.
In California 60k is a dishwashers salary.

So you sat home, in one you couldn't afford. You suffered from 'ailments', but didn't bother to move out of circumstances or a state you couldn't afford. No job for you is better than 'a dishwasher's 60k.' Better you take the money from someone who bothered to educate themselves and make more than a dishwasher.

You are not only a whining, wanna be welfare queen, expecting more than $60k no doubt, (piss on the dishwasher). You think you are so much better then others, sitting behind your board, crying all about poor you. There's a good reason you feel like a loser and it's not Bush's fault.

Addendum, after calming down a bit. April, sorry to go totally nuclear on you. However, in case you haven't noticed, many people are working their butts off, trying to make ends meet. My state is raising our income taxes, (or takeits), 50% and we're already one of the highest taxed states. Now the feds are going to tax us even more and I KNOW there will be no SSI for me as I'm too far down the boomer ladder.

I'm sure you believe you got a raw deal, but what have you done to fix things? Maybe that business wasn't meant to be? Maybe you needed to start another or go work for someone, then try again?

Perhaps more than anything, I feel sorry that you truly believe that the government is going to make things better for you. Not going to happen, take a look at people on welfare already.

April15
03-21-2009, 08:18 PM
So you sat home, in one you couldn't afford. You suffered from 'ailments', but didn't bother to move out of circumstances or a state you couldn't afford. No job for you is better than 'a dishwasher's 60k.' Better you take the money from someone who bothered to educate themselves and make more than a dishwasher.

You are not only a whining, wanna be welfare queen, expecting more than $60k no doubt, (piss on the dishwasher). You think you are so much better then others, sitting behind your board, crying all about poor you. There's a good reason you feel like a loser and it's not Bush's fault.

Addendum, after calming down a bit. April, sorry to go totally nuclear on you. However, in case you haven't noticed, many people are working their butts off, trying to make ends meet. My state is raising our income taxes, (or takeits), 50% and we're already one of the highest taxed states. Now the feds are going to tax us even more and I KNOW there will be no SSI for me as I'm too far down the boomer ladder.

I'm sure you believe you got a raw deal, but what have you done to fix things? Maybe that business wasn't meant to be? Maybe you needed to start another or go work for someone, then try again?

Perhaps more than anything, I feel sorry that you truly believe that the government is going to make things better for you. Not going to happen, take a look at people on welfare already.

I do not expect anyone to give me anything. I have been in business for 30 years. All my contacts and references are here. It would be nice to be able to have work to work my ass off. But it is not here right now. I have a firm grip on what is happening in the concrete construction industry and it will come back. I can only hope it is soon. The medical problems that I have are not covered by healthcare. I have to come up with the money on my own or as for my wife dip into the equity of the house to stay alive. I have stenosis of the spine, silicosis of the lungs, a knee with no miniscus and all these are not covered by my healthcare. Arthritis in almost every joint from my years of hard work. So I work in pain when I get a job. These problems exclude me from employment by any company as they will not take the risk I might get hurt working for them.
Thanks for the encouragement!

Kathianne
03-21-2009, 08:27 PM
I do not expect anyone to give me anything. I have been in business for 30 years. All my contacts and references are here. It would be nice to be able to have work to work my ass off. But it is not here right now. I have a firm grip on what is happening in the concrete construction industry and it will come back. I can only hope it is soon. The medical problems that I have are not covered by healthcare. I have to come up with the money on my own or as for my wife dip into the equity of the house to stay alive. I have stenosis of the spine, silicosis of the lungs, a knee with no miniscus and all these are not covered by my healthcare. Arthritis in almost every joint from my years of hard work. So I work in pain when I get a job. These problems exclude me from employment by any company as they will not take the risk I might get hurt working for them.
Thanks for the encouragement!

What you see as discouragement wasn't meant that way. If the work isn't 'there' and hasn't been for 'years' you really need to change what your doing or where you are doing it. We all have choices, besides it sounds like your work isn't good for your health. I don't know what your health plan is like, but arthritis is certainly covered by mine. I wish you well, but if you don't like the care under your health plan, wait for the government's, I'm sure it will be much, much better. You really should fear that dream becoming your worst nightmare.