PDA

View Full Version : Obama is a liar or just plain stupid

Classact
03-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Did President Obama follow the progress of the Stimulus Bill? My guess is he had hourly briefings and notifications of all changes. That makes President Obama a liar or poorly served by his staff!

Senator Dodd added an amendment to the unrelated stimulus bill limiting bonuses to bailed out corporations. Why? I think it was due to public outrage from other corporations that had taken bonuses wasn't it? Think carefully and consider what level of authority would it take to change the Dodd amendment? Would a Treasury lower level lawyer have authority? Would the Treasury Secretary have the authority? I conclude the only person having the authority to change this amendment is the President of the US after being convinced by the Treasury Secretary of the need.

The stimulus bill had almost zero Republican support with only three Republicans voting in favor.

The Stimulus Bill went to a conference committee that was attended by the leader of the Senate and the House... what is a conference committee... it is a group of leaders from the House and Senate that discuss changes between the views of each house. Now, ask yourself these questions and be honest:

Do you think President Obama had a representative at the committee?

Do you think it is the responsibility of the leader of each party to breif the members of their respective parties of the changes the conference committee made during the conference? The bill was thousands of pages long and was placed for a vote in less than 24 hours... don't you think there was a "cheat sheet" of changes made to the legislation given to all members prior to the vote?

Do you belive Senator Dodd changed "his amendment" that enjoyed significant support by the Senate members based on the word of a lower level Treasury Dept. lawyer? Do you think Nancy Pelosi, Harry Ried, President Obama and every Democratic member and the three Republican members that voted yes were breifed on the changes?

Now they all blame a lower level lawyer in the Treasury Department... How can a lower level person have such power, why would no member check to see if he was in some way being rewarded for the change? Things that make you say hum!

stephanie
03-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I vote he is both.

Classact
03-23-2009, 09:36 AM
I vote he is both.
It would be nice to see Geithner in front of a committee under oath to answer common sense questions about his knowledge of the events leading up to the public outcry went down.

I think Obama doesn't want to sign into law the House version of 90% tax so that means Harry Reid has to go down on Obama and the Republicans in the Senate to find a nice way to hide this bone... There should be high drama in the Senate this week as Harry tries to make this thing go away without making the prez look like he's paying back the campaign donation from AIG when the bonuses go forward. My guess is AIG will twist arms until all the bonuses are returned voluntarily and they will try to let it die... but knowing the Republicans they'll be looking for cameras and microphones.

glockmail
03-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Obama's got plenty of minions willing to cover up for his lies. What makes y'all think this latest, minor incident, will be any different?

Jagger
03-23-2009, 10:32 AM
The Bush administration knew about the AIG bonus contracts. However, the Bungling Bush Boys didn't want them abrogated as a condition of AIG's receiving bailout money.

Abbey Marie
03-23-2009, 11:09 AM
The Bush administration knew about the AIG bonus contracts. However, the Bungling Bush Boys didn't want them abrogated as a condition of AIG's receiving bailout money.

:link:

Jagger
03-23-2009, 12:38 PM

Here is the source of the information: http://mediamatters.org/items/200903220005?f=h_top

stephanie
03-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Oh boy, mediamatters aka (Dnc propaganda website). then it has to be the TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH...:tinfoil:

moderate democrat
03-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Oh boy, mediamatters aka (Dnc propaganda website). then it has to be the TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH...:tinfoil:

did you bother to read the mediamatters link and follow its sources, some of which are transcripts from sworn testimony before congressional committees, or did you just dismiss it out of hand?

stephanie
03-23-2009, 01:59 PM
did you bother to read the mediamatters link and follow its sources, some of which are transcripts from sworn testimony before congressional committees, or did you just dismiss it out of hand?

I dismissed it out of hand..I won't give them the click of day.:thumb:

Jagger
03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
The TARP contract between AIG and Treasury that was entered into back in November specifically contemplated the payment of bonuses and retention payments to AIG employees, including AIG’s Senior Partners.

--STATEMENT OF NEIL BAROFSKY, SPECIAL INSPECTOR GENERAL TROUBLED ASSET RELIEF PROGRAM, BEFORE THE UNITED STATES HOUSE OF REPRESENATIVES COMMITTEE ON WAYS AND MEANS SUBCOMMITTEE ON OVERSIGHT, March 19, 2009

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/media/pdf/111/Btest.pdf#page=8

actsnoblemartin
03-23-2009, 03:09 PM
I vote he is both.

ill take both for 1,000 alex

speaking of which http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/tv-funhouse-the-obama-files/224714/

bullypulpit
03-23-2009, 06:06 PM

Sorry dearie...the only tinfoil hats are the ones you and your fellow travelers are wearing. If you actually ever bothered to read the transcripts from Media Matters, you would find they are taken verbatim from the media feed, unedited and within the context they were found.

It really suck for y'all when you find your talking points blown out of the water by the same folks who promulgate them. But then, reality has a demonstrable liberal bias.

stephanie
03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Sorry dearie...the only tinfoil hats are the ones you and your fellow travelers are wearing. If you actually ever bothered to read the transcripts from Media Matters, you would find they are taken verbatim from the media feed, unedited and within the context they were found.

It really suck for y'all when you find your talking points blown out of the water by the same folks who promulgate them. But then, reality has a demonstrable liberal bias.

let me ask you this. do you think I give a rats ass?
media matters to me, is what newsbusters is to you, dearie...:laugh2:

5stringJeff
03-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Let the AIG guys get their bonuses. They were given to them in a contract written well before any of the bailout legislation was written.