PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with me?

dan
03-23-2009, 01:39 PM
So, this morning around 6:30, I woke up with a dull, throbbing pain on my left side, just below my ribcage. It went away after a while, and hasn't been much of a problem for me until I ate lunch this afternoon, and right after lunch it started back up again and has been bothering me ever since. I tried WebMD, but they have about 30 possible diagnoses for "dull pain in left side". Anybody here want to try to play doctor on me? I'll probably give it until tonight, and if it's still bothering me, I'll go to the doctor tomorrow.

Nukeman
03-23-2009, 04:18 PM
So, this morning around 6:30, I woke up with a dull, throbbing pain on my left side, just below my ribcage. It went away after a while, and hasn't been much of a problem for me until I ate lunch this afternoon, and right after lunch it started back up again and has been bothering me ever since. I tried WebMD, but they have about 30 possible diagnoses for "dull pain in left side". Anybody here want to try to play doctor on me? I'll probably give it until tonight, and if it's still bothering me, I'll go to the doctor tomorrow.
Even though it your left side thats hurting it is quite possible your gallbladder. I say this due to the fact that your complaining of dull pain in the morning and than again after you eat.

There are NO pain nerve endings in the abdominal cavity so they use what is available. the main nerve root coming from the spine will trigger pain as close as it can to the area that is causing problems.

Of course your not giving much to go on, you gave very vague and limited symptoms..

Try eating something "fatty" and see if its worse if it is it is probably your gallbladder if not could just be bad gas or irritable bowl......

stephanie
03-23-2009, 04:23 PM
I was going to write earlier about the gallbladder.

I'm not sure that's what it is Dan, but I've been around a lot of people lately who have had their gallbladder removed..my brother-in-law just the last few months, he had similar symptoms as you describe.. you might want to see a doctor, for sure..the pain sent my brother-in-law into the hospital, gallbladder removed the next day..

hope you feel better soon.

Mr. P
03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Maybe ya just gotta POOP!

Seriously..or it maybe trapped gas..had that happen once..same area lasted all day off an on but a sharp pain..doc pushed on the area and moved it along.

Nukeman
03-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Maybe ya just gotta POOP!

:lol::lol::lol: yep there's that too......:lol::lol:

LiberalNation
03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
You're dying, get to the doctors quick.

stephanie
03-23-2009, 05:27 PM
You're dying, get to the doctors quick.

You're not studying to be a nurse, are you?:laugh2::slap:

DannyR
03-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Chest burster alien!

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/2/25165/834432-chestburster1_large.jpg

dan
03-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Even though it your left side thats hurting it is quite possible your gallbladder. I say this due to the fact that your complaining of dull pain in the morning and than again after you eat.

There are NO pain nerve endings in the abdominal cavity so they use what is available. the main nerve root coming from the spine will trigger pain as close as it can to the area that is causing problems.

Of course your not giving much to go on, you gave very vague and limited symptoms..

Try eating something "fatty" and see if its worse if it is it is probably your gallbladder if not could just be bad gas or irritable bowl......

That's what I'm leaning toward right now. I really hope it's not because I really can't afford gallbladder surgery right now. My symptoms were only vague because that's all I've got to go on. It's a dull pain that comes and goes (it's there right now, but wasn't there five minutes ago), just below the bottom rib on my left side. I've done a lot of reading today and literally every site I went to noted that gallbladder pain is on the right side of the body. Not saying you're wrong, Nuke, just trying to be optimistic here. Same thing, I'll give it til tomorrow and if it's still bothering me, I'll go to the doctor.

Trinity
03-23-2009, 08:21 PM
That's what I'm leaning toward right now. I really hope it's not because I really can't afford gallbladder surgery right now. My symptoms were only vague because that's all I've got to go on. It's a dull pain that comes and goes (it's there right now, but wasn't there five minutes ago), just below the bottom rib on my left side. I've done a lot of reading today and literally every site I went to noted that gallbladder pain is on the right side of the body. Not saying you're wrong, Nuke, just trying to be optimistic here. Same thing, I'll give it til tomorrow and if it's still bothering me, I'll go to the doctor.

What happened is you went out Saturday night, got trashed, ended up in a fight with some guy, the guy punched you in the stomach. However you were so trashed you don't recall the fight, which is why you don't know what is causing the pain.

J/K

Seriously though go to the Doc.

manu1959
03-23-2009, 08:50 PM
gas...............

jackass
03-24-2009, 03:08 PM
and.....???? Enquiring minds wan to know!!

dan
03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Still the same. Going to the doctor tomorrow morning. We'll see, I guess... But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

stephanie
03-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Still the same. Going to the doctor tomorrow morning. We'll see, I guess... But, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous.

hoping it's nothing serious dear..good luck tomorrow

Abbey Marie
03-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Good luck, Dan. Don't worry, it's probably not too serious.

Trinity
03-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Make sure you give us the verdict, after the trip to the DR.

dan
03-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks, guys, I'll let everyone know for sure! I just looked up appendicitis, and it doesn't seem to be that, either.

PostmodernProphet
03-24-2009, 10:49 PM
my diagnosis is "panties in a wad"......that or you didn't realize you were supposed to snap your suspenders to your pants, not your skin......

Jeff
03-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Dan I hope all is well let me know whats going on, Good Luck

dan
03-25-2009, 08:45 AM
Haven't gone to the doctor yet, but the pain has subsided a lot since yesterday. Perfect, now I get to go pay a doctor to tell me I had gas!!!!

Just kidding, I'm still not sure that it's not something serious. I'll update later this afternoon!

dan
03-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhhh....

It's a bruised rib. I'm so embarassed. Sorry to create a thread over something so dumb! I guess it's the very bottom rib, so that's why I was thinking it was something stomach-related, but I don't even remember hurting it! Can you get a bruised rib from laughing or coughing too hard or something? Cuz I never hurt it. Oh well, better safe than sorry, I guess.

Mr. P
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM

It's a bruised rib. I'm so embarassed. Sorry to create a thread over something so dumb! I guess it's the very bottom rib, so that's why I was thinking it was something stomach-related, but I don't even remember hurting it! Can you get a bruised rib from laughing or coughing too hard or something? Cuz I never hurt it. Oh well, better safe than sorry, I guess.

Wild sex il do it. :poke:

dan
03-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Wild sex il do it. :poke:

Reply #1:

Hmmmm..... no comment.

Reply #2:

Yep, bruised rib and carpal tunnel!

stephanie
03-25-2009, 01:32 PM
glad to hear it's nothing more serious..though anything to do with the ribs is very painful..

and, can you fill us all in of when it was and how it was the last time you had wild sex? inquiring minds want to know............. j/k:laugh2:

glad you're feeling better..

Monkeybone
03-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Reply #1:

Hmmmm..... no comment.

Reply #2:

Yep, bruised rib and carpal tunnel!

why do you do things that makes god cry dan?

Trinity
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM

I told you you got in a fight, and just don't remember. :coffee:

Seriously though at least it's nothing serious.

dan
03-25-2009, 02:41 PM
I told you you got in a fight, and just don't remember. :coffee:

Seriously though at least it's nothing serious.

Yeah, I guess you called it! Thanks for the well-wishes, though!

actsnoblemartin
03-25-2009, 03:22 PM
atleast you didnt hurt your funny bone

:lol:

jimnyc
03-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Anybody here want to try to play doctor on me? I'll probably give it until tonight, and if it's still bothering me, I'll go to the doctor tomorrow.

Yes, you were in college and lived at the college. It's a few years of alcohol and bong abuse.

glockmail
03-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Prolly just gas.

actsnoblemartin
03-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Prolly just gas.

:fart:

Jeff
03-25-2009, 08:27 PM

Glad it was nothing to serious Dan!!!

A bruised rib can hurt like hell, I had a few in my time and yup even some I can't remember how I got them, lol